Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sim keeps losing her Celebrity stars?-issued fixed-

GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
Fixed it thanks!

Issue: Couldn't keep celeb status/no celebs in town.

Solution:(Only applies if your using Story Progression Mod)
The solution was to change the depreciation rate for the town.

Town Hall --NRAAS---Story Progression---General Options---Friendship---Celeberties---Depreciation.
Notes: Make sure you click the word 'Depreciation" and not the ratio.
Notes: To access the friendship and celeb options, it requires the Relationships Module to be installed.

Once there change the amount of depreciation.I changed mine all to 0.
The reason it originally didn't work was because I didn't click "Depreciation" I just changed the ratio.
Make sure to go under depreciation.

Thanks everyone for the help!
Post edited by GraceyManor on

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2019
    That's the way it's supposed to work by default. The different celebrity levels all depreciate at different rates, Level 5 the fastest. You don't get to stay famous by not working at it constantly.

NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Friendship > Options:Celebrity > Celebrity Points:Depreciation and set the rates much lower. The defaults are 50/50/25/25/50/100 (try 1s or maybe 0s).
    (SP Relationship add-on module required)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    @igazor
    Yeah, that makes sense.But unfortunately, my game isn't rolling out opportunities, and the ones that it does, don't reward celeb points, and my world lacks celeb sims for some reason.
  • Options
    Can't you use MasterController to randomly set some sims in town to Celeb Level 1 just to get things started?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    Can't you use MasterController to randomly set some sims in town to Celeb Level 1 just to get things started?

I didn't think about doing that.Good idea.XD
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    If you want to disable celebrity depreciation entirely, just set all the levels to 0. Then you might actually see some other celebrities around. They're probably losing their points too fast to get any stars. In my current game, I have depreciation disabled, because my sims live in a rural, small town world, like I do in real life, and where I live, everybody knows everybody else's business, and it's pretty much once a celebrity, always a celebrity.
  • Options
    "Not a lot of people know this, but I am actually very famous." :p
    --...could have been Peter Sellers or Benny Hill who said this, it's also possible I've made it up and just thought one of them did
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    @igazor That quote actually sounds kind of familiar, so I don't think you're just imagining it.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2019
    @igazor LOL! I googled but can’t find that quote, it must be yours? I love it :D

I had no idea they can lose stars..? I don’t think it ever happened to my sims, even when I desperately wanted them to (back in the day when paparazzi were an annoying and unavoidable nuisance in the game).

ETA: “Once Sims gain celebrity status, it won't decrease or be lost, thus Sims will permanently become a celebrity unless a cheat is used and the star count is set to zero.” Could it be a mod causing it?

ETA2: never mind me *blush*, it is a mod then (SP) :mrgreen:
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    If you want to disable celebrity depreciation entirely, just set all the levels to 0. Then you might actually see some other celebrities around. They're probably losing their points too fast to get any stars. In my current game, I have depreciation disabled, because my sims live in a rural, small town world, like I do in real life, and where I live, everybody knows everybody else's business, and it's pretty much once a celebrity, always a celebrity.

That's what I was thinking as well.Though they seem to be sticking in bridgeport, I went there just to see.I love small rural worlds.I used to live in a town where we only had 1 gas station and we were about an hour from the grocery store lol.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    The thing about celeb depreciation, even with SP in play and on defaults, is that if you already have more than one celeb in a household or if any of your sims' friends and co-workers are, then celeb points and thus star levels can be maintained and increased at least somewhat just by having them talk to and interact with each other as they might do on a regular basis anyway. At least until Levels 4 or 5, by the time you get up there more effort might be required to maintain things.

If your sim is a loner (not the trait, I mean they really do keep to themselves) or if they are surrounded by others but never interact with them socially then this might become trickier.

@JoAnne65 - I couldn't find the quote either even though it seems so familiar to some of us. But in my imagination it would have been followed by something like "A legend in their own mind." Not that there's anything wrong with small towns and local celebrities of course, I'm referring to others who might be bordering on what some might call delusional depending on how one looks at things. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    @JoAnne65 and @igazor It's really hard to find quotes online anyway. You have to get the exact wording, for one, and even if you put the whole thing in quotes, you get many references with just one or two of the words in them. The longer the quote, the harder it is to find it, and that one is kind of long. It seems to me that I remember it being more like, "not many people know this, but I'm actually quite famous," though that might not be exactly right either.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2019
    --...could have been Peter Sellers or Benny Hill who said this, it's also possible I've made it up and just thought one of them did

@igazor Easy to find with a google search if you get it exactly worded correctly. https://www.quotes.net/quote/34464
    (Okay, I admit...I'm a huge Cheers fan so I remembered the exact wording because of that....)
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    @Stormkeep - That's a great find, but I'm not really sure that Sam Malone was the first one to have said that (or something really close to it). I think by then it may have been a bit recycled. I'm still remembering it more with a heavy British accent, fake or otherwise, for some reason. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Stormkeep wrote: »

@igazor Easy to find with a google search if you get it exactly worded correctly. https://www.quotes.net/quote/34464
    (Okay, I admit...I'm a huge Cheers fan so I remembered the exact wording because of that....)
    Me too! And great find indeed, didn’t remember this one.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2019
    @Stormkeep - That's a great find, but I'm not really sure that Sam Malone was the first one to have said that (or something really close to it). I think by then it may have been a bit recycled. I'm still remembering it more with a heavy British accent, fake or otherwise, for some reason. :)

@igazor, Your memory may be crossing two quotes, "Not a lot of people know that" would be a quote with a british accent. But it does not continue to the part about being famous. https://metro.co.uk/2011/03/23/michael-caine-i-never-said-not-a-lot-of-people-know-that-646227/

No variation of search terms on google turn up any origin other than Cheers for the quote in question but many variations turn up the Cheers quote. Pretty solid evidence that it originated with Cheers or, alternatively, that whoever did originate it was in no way even remotely famous...the internet is quite good at aggressively correcting errors, so if anyone out there knew Sam Malone copied it, we'd find it online somewhere with someone insisting the originator get credit.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    So I edited the depreciation in my mod settings and she's still losing her star.
    She just gained it about an hour ago in-game and lost it.
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I found this:

"In the UK film Alfie (1966, UK), Michael Caine (as the title character) said a lot of phrases such as:

"(You) know what?"
    "(You) Know what I mean?"
    "(Do) you know..."
    "I don't know..."
    "...I don't want to (wanna) know."

However, Alfie never said: "(And) not a lot of people know that" - although the catchphrase (in many variations) was attributed to him for many decades.

Caine claimed that it was actually Peter Sellers who had impersonated his voice with the phrase on his telephone answering machine: ("This is Michael Caine, Peter Sellers is out. Not many people know that"). Sellers repeated the humorous phrase during an appearance and impersonation of Michael Caine on BBC-TV's The Michael Parkinson Show in 1972.

"It takes a man in a tweed suit five and a half seconds to fall from the top of Big Ben to the ground. Now there's not many people know that!"

The phrase was also given to Caine (as the character of Dr. Frank Bryant) as an in-joke in the film Educating Rita (1983, UK), who drunkenly spoke:

"Did you know that Macbeth was a maggoty apple? Not many people know that!"

[Note: Caine's first trivia book published in 1986, Almanac of Amazing Information, was sub-titled: "Not Many People Know That." Proceeds from the book went to a charity: the National Playing Fields Association. Another published in 1988 was sub-titled: "And Not Many People Know This Either!"]"

From here 'Greatest film misquotes':
    https://www.filmsite.org/moments02.html

But since it was funny in any case, here is this Michael Caine impression compilation, certainly a legend in everyone's mind - and in this one even his own:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-qIy1DmGLWI
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    And this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CZstgDZoLkA

But it seems to be an english idiom anyway.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Stormkeep wrote: »

@igazor, Your memory may be crossing two quotes, "Not a lot of people know that" would be a quote with a british accent. But it does not continue to the part about being famous. https://metro.co.uk/2011/03/23/michael-caine-i-never-said-not-a-lot-of-people-know-that-646227/

No variation of search terms on google turn up any origin other than Cheers for the quote in question but many variations turn up the Cheers quote. Pretty solid evidence that it originated with Cheers or, alternatively, that whoever did originate it was in no way even remotely famous...the internet is quite good at aggressively correcting errors, so if anyone out there knew Sam Malone copied it, we'd find it online somewhere with someone insisting the originator get credit.
    Oh I can believe that, scenarists are very talented people, especially those who worked for a sitcom like Cheers. And indeed, misquotations frequently get corrected (like the ‘John Lennon’ one about life is what happens while you were busy making other plans; not his). That article (Michael Caine) you linked to has a new hilarious one by the way: ‘I do not mind something clever being attributed to me but I do mind something stupid that I did not say or do.’ :D

Sorry, back on topic.

V

V

So I edited the depreciation in my mod settings and she's still losing her star.
    She just gained it about an hour ago in-game and lost it.

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    @Springfairy556 What did you do that finally fixed it?
  • Options
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    @Springfairy556 What did you do that finally fixed it?

What igazor said to do.I was just changing the wrong setting that’s why it didn’t work at first