Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monthly SimLits - A Short Story Challenge with new themes every month and voting for winners

1212223242527...Next

Comments

• SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,223 Member
    Finally finished mine, though I think it'd better be in the for fun category this time. I did edit it down, but kept going over the wordcount.

Family By Choice
    image.png
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member

December’s Theme: Once Upon a December

Inspired by the song of the same name from the movie Anastasia, this theme requires you to start your story for the month with “Once upon a December…”.
    Special Rules: No special rules this month, so the normal limits of 500-1000 words and 1-12 screenshots apply.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Submissions: (in order to be voting eligible, stories in this category must follow all word and screenshot limits as listed under "Special Rules" above and be submitted by 12 pm on December 31st, Central Time)
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    "For Fun" Entries: (Any stories listed here are inspired by the monthly theme, but don't follow all the rules of the challenge and aren't in the monthly poll. Sometimes writers can't put limits on their creativity, and that's all good. Enjoy!)
  • SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    And the winner for November is...

@MsMarvel98 with Glass
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
    Congrats, @MsMarvel98
    image.png
  • MsMarvel98MsMarvel98 Posts: 34 Member
    Thank you :) I enjoyed writing for November's challenge! Shame that there weren't many other stories to read. Maybe people are busier during the holiday season? But thanks for keeping these challenges going, it's a great idea and provides us with monthly writing prompts :)
    Announcement
    Due to other time commitments, @SilentWolf101 and I have decided that this month's challenge will be the last challenge. For all of you who have written, read, and/or voted on the short stories, thank you <3 We'd also like to thank @Carewren123 for creating the first thread of monthly challenges. If you're ever looking for new reading material, I'd highly recommend going back to previous months and reading those entries. Links are located on the first page of this thread.
    If anyone would like to start running these challenges, please pm @SilentWolf101 and I. We can provide you with the coding for the first few posts of this thread and templates for the award banners.
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    Announcement
    Due to other time commitments, @SilentWolf101 and I have decided that this month's challenge will be the last challenge. For all of you who have written, read, and/or voted on the short stories, thank you <3 We'd also like to thank @Carewren123 for creating the first thread of monthly challenges. If you're ever looking for new reading material, I'd highly recommend going back to previous months and reading those entries. Links are located on the first page of this thread.
    If anyone would like to start running these challenges, please pm @SilentWolf101 and I. We can provide you with the coding for the first few posts of this thread and templates for the award banners.
    Announcement

Sorry to hear this is ending. It was fun, both to read and participate in when I could. But I understand why you're ending the challenges. Maybe someday they'll start up again, or someone will take over.
    image.png
    @SimTresa Thanks for understanding :)
    @SimTresa Thanks for understanding :)

You're welcome..
    image.png
  • EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    edited January 2019
    I started writing a thing back when the theme was "April Showers bring May Flowers" but I never finished it, and I only just finished it last night. I thought I would share it here even though you guys have stopped Monthly SimLits, because the story was originally intended for this.

I hope you enjoy :)

https://emilzysims3stuff.wordpress.com/2019/01/31/4126/
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    I am interested in assuming this challenge ... how do I go about it.
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Watch this spot for more info!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    lisabee2 wrote: »

@lisabee2 Are you taking over this spot, sorry that it has ended. I just found this and though it would be a great place to write. I do wish that someone would restart it.
  • MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    lisabee2 wrote: »

@lisabee2 Are you taking over this spot, sorry that it has ended. I just found this and though it would be a great place to write. I do wish that someone would restart it.

@Evalen She has taken over this concept :) Check out the new thread which Lisabee maintains, here.
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    @Munterbacon Thank you so much I am so glad that someone else is still doing it. It looks like fun, I had just found it.