Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    I was only going to photo one side. I see no point in what will end up being nothing more than duplicates pictures by doing both sides. :)
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Hmm...was editing my previous comment, and apparently it got eaten. :( I forgot to ask before - if my duplex is two units that are mirror images of each other, do I have to photograph all the rooms, or can I just photograph one unit in full and have the overheads of each floor show how they're mirrored?

If you didn't change up the decorations and color scheme for each sister, then one set of photos would be fine. Just add a note to the judges that the 2nd unit is an exact copy.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    sawdust wrote: »
    I was only going to photo one side. I see no point in what will end up being nothing more than duplicates pictures by doing both sides. :)

That was my thought, too, but I wasn't sure if the judges wanted exact details - for example, some objects don't mirror 100%, because they're asymmetrical in design, and even when they're placed in a mirrored position, they still look very slightly different in the opposite room. It's not noticeable at a casual glance for most things, but it's noticeable if you really examine it, like those "spot the difference" pictures.
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    Hmm...was editing my previous comment, and apparently it got eaten. :( I forgot to ask before - if my duplex is two units that are mirror images of each other, do I have to photograph all the rooms, or can I just photograph one unit in full and have the overheads of each floor show how they're mirrored?

If you didn't change up the decorations and color scheme for each sister, then one set of photos would be fine. Just add a note to the judges that the 2nd unit is an exact copy.

Will do, thanks! They have the same of everything; the write-up kind of suggested that, with them being identical down to their accessories and facial expressions, and my twins ended up identical enough in-game that I think they'd freak if they didn't have the same stuff, anyway. XD They already spend most of their time together as it is. XD
  • CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    Oooooh, another duplex build... I thoroughly enjoyed the previous one (which was ages ago :D ), very tempted to give it a try if I can find the time :)
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Question: can the duplex have a shared balcony, or does it have to be separate balconies for each space?
    Cerrydd wrote: »
    Oooooh, another duplex build... I thoroughly enjoyed the previous one (which was ages ago :D ), very tempted to give it a try if I can find the time :)

Hope to see entry from you this round, @Cerrydd ! :)
    Question: can the duplex have a shared balcony, or does it have to be separate balconies for each space?

The balcony can be shared or separate - up to you!

GArBA5W.jpg
  • PiratePirate Posts: 66 Member
    edited January 2019
    Which link do I use to post? The BBCode or the LinkedBBCode?
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    @Pirate, just use the BBCode. Linked is if you want the screenshot to serve as a link.
    image.png
    Think I might just skip this one. Having more trouble than usual getting the colors to match. Orange looks peach, gray looks brown, white looks white on a foundation then turns gray on the attached stairs. Even when I go to change a gray staircase to white it stays gray. Turn it light brown, it goes dark brown. Try to go back to gray, it stays brown.
    image.png
    edited January 2019
    So I managed to get the cost down to $5 under budget. (I don't want to talk about it! :s LOL) I went to load them up to Imgur but I can't make a new album. Is there a limit to the number of albums you can have or have they changed things?

Never mind ... I finally found how to do it now they've changed everything around.
    SimTresa wrote: »
    Think I might just skip this one. Having more trouble than usual getting the colors to match. Orange looks peach, gray looks brown, white looks white on a foundation then turns gray on the attached stairs. Even when I go to change a gray staircase to white it stays gray. Turn it light brown, it goes dark brown. Try to go back to gray, it stays brown.

Have you tried clearing your cache files and repairing your game?

Have you tried clearing your cache files and repairing your game?

Going to but I've had enough of build/buy for the day.
    image.png

Sorry to hear you're having game troubles! Hope @sawdust 's suggestions can help you out.
    So I managed to get the cost down to $5 under budget. (I don't want to talk about it! :s LOL) I went to load them up to Imgur but I can't make a new album. Is there a limit to the number of albums you can have or have they changed things?

Never mind ... I finally found how to do it now they've changed everything around.

Yay - glad you were able to get your costs down! It can be tedious trying to re-work (and even painful sometimes), but it can also stretch your creativity ;)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited January 2019
    im a little unclear on what a showcase is and howi make one
    Is the showcase the page link on The Gallery that shows all my builds and families or is it the link that comes up when I click on the specific thing I would like to enter?
  • jeswainston65jeswainston65 Posts: 530 Member
    edited January 2019
    Deleted until I can figure out how to do this right....mice!
    Post edited by jeswainston65 on
    I am only limited by my imagination.

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    edited February 2019
    @Pirate and maybe @jeswainston65 taken from the Rules on Page 1 of the Build N Share Forum pages, and I quote
    " All entries must provide a media showcase for BuildnShare to use when judging your entries. We feel that it is unfair to expect our judges to have every SP, GP and EP in order to judge from a download. Please ensure that any features you wish the judges to see are shown in your media showcase. your media showcase should consist of still images of your build and be uploaded to an image hosting website such as flickr, picasa, imgur, a blog or even a thread here on the forums. Please note that we will not judge any entry hosted on Photobucket, tinypics. bannersnack or post image."

So This means You must take photos of your finished build- either in Build mode or in game then post them in an online album ( such as the rules provide examples ), and provide the link so judges can view them...

Here is a Great link to help with taking the photos of your build & its made by BuildNShare !!
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZTm3M4hPnWqBgfkmQOzc0JNHAbMC5C0t/view

I hope this helps,
    Good Luck,

Diane Pinkus
    Post edited by Pinkusfamily on
    @Pirate and maybe @jeswainston65 taken from the Rules on Page 1 of the Build N Share Forum pages, and I quote
    " All entries must provide a media showcase for BuildnShare to use when judging your entries. We feel that it is unfair to expect our judges to have every SP, GP and EP in order to judge from a download. Please ensure that any features you wish the judges to see are shown in your media showcase. your media showcase should consist of still images of your build and be uploaded to an image hosting website such as flickr, picasa, imgur, a blog or even a thread here on the forums. Please note that we will not judge any entry hosted on Photobucket, tinypics. bannersnack or post image."

So This means You must take photos of your finished build- either in Build mode or in game then post them in an online album ( such as the rules provide examples ), and provide the link so judges can view them...

Here is a Great link to help with taking the photos of your build & its made by BuildNShare !! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZTm3M4hPnWqBgfkmQOzc0JNHAbMC5C0t/view

I hope this helps,
    Good Luck,

Diane Pinkus

I did and I thought the link I posted would take them to my Imgur gallery. I guess it doesn't...🐸🐸🐸🐸

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
    edited January 2019
    I think I have this figured out.

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
    CHALLENGE #112 - Seeing Double

FORUM ID: jeswainston65

ORIGIN ID: jeswainston65

LEVEL:

HOUSEHOLD: https://ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/5984DC9323F911E986BC8EBC8618DA0D?category=households&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=jeswainston65&max=50&maxis=false

https://ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/B8C8F82B255A11E98F8D8C7810F253DA?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=jeswainston65&max=50&maxis=false

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.flickr.com/gp/169585725@N05/U69iJ3

ENTRY DETAILS: Freya wants to be an actress, Pheobe wants to be a DJ. Each have their own colour scheme, a central party area with pool, and their own office where they can worl on their careers.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Willing to accept constructive creative criticism.

SPACE FOR PICTURES: 00.jpg

https://flickr.com/gp/169585725@N05/mLeevC

I. AM. A. UNICORN!

Sorry to hear you're having game troubles! Hope @sawdust 's suggestions can help you out.

They didn't, but I did figure out a workaround. I removed the two rooms directly above the two shorter flights of stairs, which made them and the ones int he middle of the room show up properly. Think I'm going to leave those off for layout and first floor pictures, then put them back when I'm ready to do the second floor.
    image.png
  • brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    @Pinkusfamily the link you provided above is not working for me at all, is it correct? I would love to do this challenge(never have done a build and share one before) I know how to take pictures in game and upload to imgur, but not sure my pictures will turn out as good as what I am seeing. Is there another link or thread available to help beginners? Thank you ♥
  • HIGHER_DESIGNHIGHER_DESIGN Posts: 57 Member
    Looks awesome, I look forward to submitting! Thanks for the opportunity!
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    @brenleedee When you look at The Build n Share pages here in the forums, The very first page , has this link, Go to page 1 and read everything~ right before The expert Winner Showcase, there is a section about Screenshots: Tips and Tricks - The link at the end of that section is the link I put above..

Good Luck,

Diane Pinkus

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top