Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sims 3 Game Won't Finish Loading and Other Problems --- Help!!!

2...Next

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2018
    On the same menu from the "..." button where "Save" is, there are also "Save As" and "Save and Quit."

Save overwrites the existing game save with a new one and demotes the older one to backup. If both saves are no good as can happen if an ongoing game is slowly corrupting and was saved twice relatively soon in between and there are no others, I'm afraid that ongoing game is gone.

Save As allows us to rename the save slightly, such as by putting a number or the date on the end, and allows us to keep many copies from different points in time so that we always have safe points to revert to. There is no need to keep hundreds of such saves (unless we want to), but maybe the most recent 4, 8, 10 or so and get rid of the older ones when they are no longer required.

Save and Quit should never be used. If the Save is unsuccessful, the game goes on to the Quit part of the command with no warning and no way to stop it, but with no usable Save having taken place.

On the new game folder as described prior not helping with other saves or new games loading in a reasonable amount of time, are you restoring all of your content to it before trying? What about a fresh game folder and a fresh test game with no added content at all. Some bad CC file, mod, or something else you may have added to the game may be causing the issue with other loads, if not just the one apparently broken save.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • genie95genie95 Posts: 14 New Member
    @igazor thank you I will definitely look out for that this time.

If by fresh game folder, you're referring to the process of saving the sims 3 folder to the desktop and starting up a new sims 3 I have done that. It worked fine then and I tested out my mods as I put them back and only put back a fraction of the cc, nothing from around the time this problem started. But I guess that wasn't enough since here we are
    edited May 2018
    genie95 wrote: »
    @igazor thank you I will definitely look out for that this time.

If by fresh game folder, you're referring to the process of saving the sims 3 folder to the desktop and starting up a new sims 3 I have done that. It worked fine then and I tested out my mods as I put them back and only put back a fraction of the cc, nothing from around the time this problem started. But I guess that wasn't enough since here we are
    Okay, but does the fresh game folder with your mods and fraction of your CC perform well still? If so, you will probably want to keep that game folder and see if your other saves work well with it. The problem then has to be with some form or amount of CC that you haven't added back in yet.

If the problem reappeared, sorry if I'm not understanding that part, with the fresh folder, mods, and fraction of CC, then I would be suspecting the mods or that some of that CC is the cause. It doesn't take much to impair performance or stop a game from loading. One bad CC file or a mod not intended for your patch level, or an errant TS2 or TS4 file ending up in the mix somehow, could do it. Added content issues like this can remain dormant for ages, then suddenly things try to load up in a different order during the startup sequence and the problems surface where they didn't seem to be there before.

If you cannot get your saved ongoing game to load, the one that won't load at all, even on a fresh folder with only minimal content and mods required to make it function properly, I'm afraid that one is still in danger of being declared unusable.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • genie95genie95 Posts: 14 New Member
    @igazor thanks for all your help! While I ended up deleting the first saved game since it never worked, the new Bridgeport game has been working and I have been using the save as function. Thanks again!
  • Gabbie0202Gabbie0202 Posts: 1 New Member
    Can someone please help me with this problem Every time I go and press the play button on Sims 3 launcher it loads all the way through and when I press the tick when it shows your save houseload to load on the other part for you to play the game it loads so far and when it gets to the end it stops and goes off for some reason I have tried everything and I have no I dea why it keeps doing that please help someone
    edited June 2018
    Gabbie0202 wrote: »
    Can someone please help me with this problem Every time I go and press the play button on Sims 3 launcher it loads all the way through and when I press the tick when it shows your save houseload to load on the other part for you to play the game it loads so far and when it gets to the end it stops and goes off for some reason I have tried everything and I have no I dea why it keeps doing that please help someone
    This only happens with one saved game or with all of them (if you have more than one)? Can you start a new test game and get it to load fully?

If it's only one saved game that is refusing to load but things are working correctly otherwise, that would mean you have a "bad" (corrupt) game save and play should be reverted to a prior save or a backup if you have one available in the Saves folder, the one in the TS3 user game folder in Documents.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Alyssabam05_Alyssabam05_ Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a problem. My sims 3 was not loading on the second loading screen to get into my saved world and so I came on here to find some answers. I read something that said “go into documents then ‘Electronic arts’ and click and drag the sims folder to the desktop”. I did all that and when I went back onto the sims, all of my houses were gone. I have no mods or anything so that’s fine, but how do I get my games back? :'(
    edited January 2019
    I have a problem. My sims 3 was not loading on the second loading screen to get into my saved world and so I came on here to find some answers. I read something that said “go into documents then ‘Electronic arts’ and click and drag the sims folder to the desktop”. I did all that and when I went back onto the sims, all of my houses were gone. I have no mods or anything so that’s fine, but how do I get my games back? :'(
    The point of pulling the TS3 user game folder out of Documents is to get the game the generate a fresh one that has no added content, mods, saved sims, lots, worlds, saved games to see if a new test game works properly. Your content and saves are still safe back in the pulled out folder and you can put that folder back at any time.

If things are working correctly on the new game folder, you can move (copy) any content you had on the old one into the new one and copy your saves over so they become available for play again.

If everything works right but the older saved game still fails to load on the fresh game folder, then you likely have a corrupt save that cannot be fixed. If there are any backup saves in the old game folder from earlier points in time, you would want to try those as well. And if any of those saves end in .backup, you would want to rename them so they end in .sims3 in order to try loading them.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • socrmom13socrmom13 Posts: 12 New Member
    I'm hoping someone can help me. When I go to start a new game, the world loads. Bridgeport, for example. I can see the whole town, all the houses and community lots and venues. The problem is that none of the pre-made households are there to choose from to begin play. There aren't any sims anywhere in the whole town. I do have some mods but Delphy's Dashboard isn't showing any conflicts.

Noteworthy, the worlds I'm having trouble with are all EA worlds. I can go into edit town and make changes and I can move in a sim or family from my bin without any problem. However, I'd really like to play with the sims who "belong" in each town and not have to populate it myself. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. Thank you.
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @socrmom13 Try pulling your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop. A clean folder will spawn the next time you launch the game. Don't put in any mods or custom content; just load each EA world and have a look around. (Be sure to quit to desktop between worlds.) Do the premade sims show up in the newly loaded towns? If they're not listed in Edit Town, move in some sim or family and click on a few of the houses to see whether the game recognizes anyone as living there.

If the new towns really are just as unpopulated as the old ones, please run a dxdiag on your computer, post the results at pastebin.com or another free filesharing site, and drop a link here. You'll have to break up the link (use spaces or something) since you're still a new member.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
  • socrmom13socrmom13 Posts: 12 New Member
    @puzzlezaddict Thank you for the quick reply and for the suggestions. I'll give it a try and see how it goes. It may take me a couple days but I'll let you know either way. Thanks again!
  • S_CoupsS_Coups Posts: 1 New Member
    > @ChelleJo said:
    > @ElliottGirl23 All you do is go into Documents/ElectronicArts and you'll see a The Sims 3 folder. Click and drag that entire folder to your DESKTOP. Once it's on desktop, run the game and see if your problem is fixed. You won't have any CC or saved games. But this is to test if your game will load. Go past where it gave you problems before.

I did that and it worked great but now my sims 3 game has started to do it again but the file is already on the desktop, how can I fix it now?
  • alissia62alissia62 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @ChelleJo said:
    > @ElliottGirl23 All you do is go into Documents/ElectronicArts and you'll see a The Sims 3 folder. Click and drag that entire folder to your DESKTOP. Once it's on desktop, run the game and see if your problem is fixed. You won't have any CC or saved games. But this is to test if your game will load. Go past where it gave you problems before.

But everytime i try to add it it says something about not being able to do it because the folder is open in another program, please respond,and please help me.
  • sparkyandlexi09sparkyandlexi09 Posts: 4 New Member
    > @igazor said:
    > (Quote)
    > This only happens with one saved game or with all of them (if you have more than one)? Can you start a new test game and get it to load fully?
    >
    > If it's only one saved game that is refusing to load but things are working correctly otherwise, that would mean you have a "bad" (corrupt) game save and play should be reverted to a prior save or a backup if you have one available in the Saves folder, the one in the TS3 user game folder in Documents.

For me, the problem happened after clicking Save As. My initial save was "bye bye Ava" then my third generation got pregnant so I saved as "hi hi gen 4". Then upon loading, the new save did not load. So I backtracked to the previous save. It worked sorta but then I got distracted with summer classes. Yesterday, I opened it up and it worked so I played all day with continuous saves. Then last night I clicked Saved As "hi boys". Today I loaded both "hi boys" and "bye bye Ava". Both won't load...I'm at my wit's end.
    edited July 2020
    @sparkyandlexi09 - Do you have any .backup folders among your saves, when you view Saves in the TS3 user game folder in Documents, that you can rename and give the .sims3 extension to see if they will load up for you?

And is there any mod usage involved? With no other information to go on, it might be relevant to point out that many players find their homeworlds to be unplayable after a few generations unless they deploy save file maintenance procedures and use mods such as those from NRaas to keep game saves clear of debris, bloat, and corruption. What players without mods need to do often enough is move their active household to a new world every few generations, thus essentially starting over with them and dropping the histories of whatever took place in the current one, if they wish to keep playing the same household ongoing.

But for those so inclined, there are several NRaas mods and other techniques that can help keep an ongoing game playable for a lot more generations than otherwise -- most notably Overwatch, ErrorTrap, Register, Traffic, MasterController (for its Reset Everything command that can be run from the Town menu on City Hall), and to an extent GoHere. We also offer Traveler as a means to spread gameplay across more than one playable homeworld and Porter that can be used to extract a huge portion of the current world's population, transport them in bulk to a new (to them) world without losing relationships and the history between sims being transported that way, and continue gameplay from there.
    http://www.nraas.net/community/TIPS-FOR-BETTER-GAME-PERFORMANCE
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Nyla00Nyla00 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey! This is an old forum, so hopefully this can be answered. I'm having the issue where my game isn't loading all the way, but not to my save file, to a new world. I can load up my game just fine, but I'm currently trying to move my family to a new world, and that's where it won't load all the way. I really don't want to remove all my mods and do it one by one, and that doesn't seem to be the issue anyways. Suggestions?
  • Kira_LocketKira_Locket Posts: 1 New Member
    I've been having the same problem recently :( I was playing one of my saved games when I noticed it was beginning to get all laggy. I logged out of sims and when I went to play my game again, it keeps closing itself down when it comes to the second log on screen.

My OneDrive kept telling me it was to do with a dccache file already being in use. I ended up finding a load of them in the file and deleted them all and tried loading my game again. Still logged me off, but my OneDrive told me the problem was fixed.

I then found this forum and attempted to put all my downloads in files and remove them from my Sims file. I even deleted some of the things I downloaded to free up space. After taking everything out of my download section and opening up my game again, I got kicked out. I tried re-loading it and starting a new game and this worked. I then exited that game and tried loading up my main game, but, again, I got kicked off the second loading screen before I could get into my game. I'm so frustrated and annoyed. Like a lot of people here, I've worked hard and long on my game and I really want to get it back and be able to play it but I'm lost for ideas. :(

Can anyone help me please? I would really appreciate it!
  • latinxlivelatinxlive Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I really do hope someone is still answering these. So I had the same problem and followed the instructions, however could not get my family back. As i just had started that game, I just decided to create a new one, and after the exact same times as before (3x of opening and playing the family) it was lagging and then just didn't launch anymore, I'm afraid even if I get this family back or start a new one it's just gonna keep happening every single time. Does anyone have any help for that?

Thank you so much!!
    @latinxlive - Without more information to go on, such as specs on the system on which you are playing and how many EPs (and which ones) are in play, all I can really do is repeat what I said just a couple of posts back.
    igazor wrote: »
    But for those so inclined, there are several NRaas mods and other techniques that can help keep an ongoing game playable for a lot more generations than otherwise -- most notably Overwatch, ErrorTrap, Register, Traffic, MasterController (for its Reset Everything command that can be run from the Town menu on City Hall), and to an extent GoHere. We also offer Traveler as a means to spread gameplay across more than one playable homeworld and Porter that can be used to extract a huge portion of the current world's population, transport them in bulk to a new (to them) world without losing relationships and the history between sims being transported that way, and continue gameplay from there.
    http://www.nraas.net/community/TIPS-FOR-BETTER-GAME-PERFORMANCE

o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!