Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5? No thank you!

Comments

• Vasculio294Vasculio294 Posts: 738 Member
    I lost interest when the Sims 4 went back to plastic hair and lot loads. I retired with the Sims 3. However... if the Sims 5 does happen and embraces more realism and open world. I would gladly to return to the franchise
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    I lost interest when the Sims 4 went back to plastic hair and lot loads. I retired with the Sims 3. However... if the Sims 5 does happen and embraces more realism and open world. I would gladly to return to the franchise

That's exactly how I feel and where I'm at right now.
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Besides, Sims 5 just means starting from scratch. Don't anybody kid yourselves; Sims 3 started its packs from scratch just as much as Sims 4, and you had to buy everything all over again. And that was all using the engine of Sims 2!

Just as Sims 4 is starting to feel solid (although I wish they'd upgrade those base worlds - NOW who's with the wishful thinking?) I sure don't want to spend another 400 bucks all over again.

well of course you have to start over again, hence the number next to each series.

Which means you have to spend your money all over again - you do know video games and DLC cost money, right?

So whart course you have to buy these things over again.Instead the same things will be in new,and fulfilling ways
  • xoSnowyOwlxoxoSnowyOwlxo Posts: 29 Member
    Hmm, I don't really know how I'd feel about Sims 5, I suppose I can't feel much about it for now because there's nothing concrete about it - if it ever comes into existence.

It would be nice if it was the finale of the Sims franchise that tied the best features of 1-4 together and was really well thought out in even the smallest aspects. Better communication with the fanbase on the direction of 5 and the different packs people would like to see would also be great. However, I don't have much faith in EA to deliver on that, I don't feel like there'll ever be a Sims game that tops S2 (and I do love 3 and 4, it's just personal opinion).

Either way, S4 still has a long time to go, I just wish that EA would spend less time making half-finished packs and more time fixing actual in-game problems. It still has the potential to do better even with the limitations that can't be changed, but unfortunately it feels like pulling teeth to get actual issues fixed. :(
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    Hmm, I don't really know how I'd feel about Sims 5, I suppose I can't feel much about it for now because there's nothing concrete about it - if it ever comes into existence.

It would be nice if it was the finale of the Sims franchise that tied the best features of 1-4 together and was really well thought out in even the smallest aspects. Better communication with the fanbase on the direction of 5 and the different packs people would like to see would also be great. However, I don't have much faith in EA to deliver on that, I don't feel like there'll ever be a Sims game that tops S2 (and I do love 3 and 4, it's just personal opinion).

Either way, S4 still has a long time to go, I just wish that EA would spend less time making half-finished packs and more time fixing actual in-game problems. It still has the potential to do better even with the limitations that can't be changed, but unfortunately it feels like pulling teeth to get actual issues fixed. :(

It's because they don't make money on fixing the issues/bugs in the game... :unamused:

Sims 2 was indeed a tough one to beat! It's clearly the most awesome out of them all, but...Sims 3 has my heart more because it's open world. If S2 had been open world, WIN! Nothing could beat it, and there are so many features from S2 I wish had carried over to S3!
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    emorrill wrote: »

Sims 2 was indeed a tough one to beat! It's clearly the most awesome out of them all, but...Sims 3 has my heart more because it's open world. If S2 had been open world, WIN! Nothing could beat it, and there are so many features from S2 I wish had carried over to S3!

I agree with you. Sims 3 has my heart because of the open world :)
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Besides, Sims 5 just means starting from scratch. Don't anybody kid yourselves; Sims 3 started its packs from scratch just as much as Sims 4, and you had to buy everything all over again. And that was all using the engine of Sims 2!

Just as Sims 4 is starting to feel solid (although I wish they'd upgrade those base worlds - NOW who's with the wishful thinking?) I sure don't want to spend another 400 bucks all over again.

well of course you have to start over again, hence the number next to each series.

Which means you have to spend your money all over again - you do know video games and DLC cost money, right?

So whart course you have to buy these things over again.Instead the same things will be in new,and fulfilling ways

agreed
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited January 2019

It's because they don't make money on fixing the issues/bugs in the game... :unamused:

Susiechan wrote: »

Susiechan wrote: »

and some of the best new tools and features
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,178 Member
    edited January 2019
    The Sims 5 may use the Frostbite engine... I think they try to put it in all the EA games.

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited January 2019
    CK213 wrote: »
    I want The Sims 5, but only it it takes what I liked about The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 and improve on them and fix the negatives. I wouldn't mind TS4-like Sims, but I would like them to pump up the details of them. (no hexagonal thighs, irises with no details, etc)

I would really like an open world remaster of the Sims 2.
    The worlds don't need to be as huge as they are in TS3. I am still amazed at how big the towns are. I would be happy with sections of towns with 15 to 20 lots, but still open with no loading screens for lots within the district. If you go to another district, you get a loading screen.

And I want to edit my towns and place lots where I want.

My post quoted from last year, and I am even more ready for TS5.
    I like TS4, but I don't love it. And when I say like, it's mainly various features that I like, but it's not adding up to a game I like.
    I'm just waiting for University for my game play to feel complete. I hope we get witches, farming, and a tropical vacation too.
    There is another thread on the fourum asking simmers to build their perfect Sims game. This is what I want for TS5.
    CK213 wrote: »
    Sims 2 Game Play.
    -Memories
    -Interests
    -Attraction and rivals who are also competing for the sim your sim likes
    -Fears
    -Aspiration failure (maybe not as cartoonish as TS2)
    -Cause and effect (your enemies will come at you, romantic betrayals are dramatic (and not fleeting), hostile sims need a cool off period, unless they are evil or hot-headed, )
    -Slightly more adult humor and situations

Sims 3 creative tools and world.
    -Open world
    -Create-A-Style
    -Lot placement
    -Create-A-World
    -Objects with more detailed meshes
    -Sims 2/3 Younger looking teens, or TS4 older teens with younger teen stage added.

Sims 4 Sims and miscellaneous features.
    -TS4 styled sims with more detailed meshes
    -Hats on any hairstyle
    -New Build mode features
    -Buy/Build search feature
    -Etc. There are a lot of nice TS4 features I would like to see in the next game.

If we can't have a TS3 type open world, but get another version of TS4's world, each neighborhood will have to be big enough to hold nearly every community lot type. Basically, a TS3 sized world divided up into districts, and each district does not need loading screens for lots within the district. You go outside the district, you get a loading screen. Heck, I would even settle for half the size of a TS3 world--Say 50 lots in all, about 10 lots per district.

And the sims waking around the neighborhood should be a majority of people who live there.
    The sims 4 feels odd to me because my sims have to travel what feels like a long distance to visit certain community lots. I also don't like seeing so many of my sims taking a jog so far away from home.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,645 Member
    edited January 2019
    @CK213 Everything you mentioned would be awesome for my game. I would also like to see the game generate npc sims for the waitress, bartender, etc jobs and then stop generating npc sims. After that, generate new npc's only when a job opening needs to be filled.

Seems ridiculous for me to have to say this, but I'd also like to see them bring back doorbells so my sims know when a visitor is at my sim's door. I can't imagine a little thing like a doorbell is going to negatively effect game performance.

I really like TS4's aspiration system and would like to see that continue. I like how I can easily switch from one aspiration to the other according to what my sim is doing in any given moment.

I'm sure there are other things that don't come to mind at the moment, but what you mentioned in your last post would be an awesome start.

I knew I forgot something lol. I would also really, really like to see the ability to form a band and play gigs come back in TS5.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Depends on one factor - no online with other players. If i have to share my game with other players in any form or manner - than I will not get a Sims 5. Online games are everywhere - and I do not play them. I don't want neighbors coming into my game and bothering me or changing anything. If that was my interest there are plenty of games out there like that. Game time for me is ME TIME - not dealing with other players doing anything to my game.

This is the same reason I do not play even free MMO's, mobile games, etc, etc - they annoy me.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Depends on one factor - no online with other players. If i have to share my game with other players in any form or manner - than I will not get a Sims 5. Online games are everywhere - and I do not play them. I don't want neighbors coming into my game and bothering me or changing anything. If that was my interest there are plenty of games out there like that. Game time for me is ME TIME - not dealing with other players doing anything to my game.

This is the same reason I do not play even free MMO's, mobile games, etc, etc - they annoy me.

I feel the same way. If the next iteration is an online game, I won't be playing it either. Too many people out there that just love to mess with other players.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

I feel the same way. If the next iteration is an online game, I won't be playing it either. Too many people out there that just love to mess with other players.

I can actually see it now.

'Hey, what happened to my Sim?'

'Oh, sorry your Sim tried it on with my Sim's girlfriend so I killed him while you where not playing!'

No, we do not want an online Sims game thanks and after all that Olympus to TS4 debacle I doubt anyone else does either.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    The Sims 5 may use the Frostbite engine... I think they try to put it in all the EA games.

That could be bad for modding.
  • SimmerBoiSimmerBoi Posts: 134 Member
    I'm with OP. I personally love The Sims 4 (the graphics, the style, etc). Sims 2 was nice for the time and Sims 3 was just horrible, even with expansion packs (the only thing I liked was the changing color to objects and hair part). I wish we could just keep improving The Sims 4 forever. I'm so tired of starting all over again.
  • bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    All of this talk about a Sims 5 coming out. Would someone please direct me to where EA or the Sims franchise has confirmed this? I'm reading these comments and some of you are actually planning for this "upcoming" game. How disappointed will you guys be if this never happens?
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    bluzkat65 wrote: »
    All of this talk about a Sims 5 coming out. Would someone please direct me to where EA or the Sims franchise has confirmed this? I'm reading these comments and some of you are actually planning for this "upcoming" game. How disappointed will you guys be if this never happens?

This is the speculation forum. Any talk of Sims 5 is just that - speculation.
    Either way, there's no reason why there wouldn't be a Sims 5. We may not know when it'll happen but I don't see any harm in people discussing their wants for the next game, especially if the current game isn't satisfying to them. ^^
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    If you look at EA stocks right now, there might not be an EA!

Nah, I'm just kidding, EA is too big to fail... but then again, that's what Commadore thought... Sims 5. Probably won't have lootboxes, although I wouldn't be surprised to see microtransactions if Anthem's rumours are true.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    edited January 2019
    If you look at EA stocks right now, there might not be an EA!

Nah, I'm just kidding, EA is too big to fail... but then again, that's what Commadore thought... Sims 5. Probably won't have lootboxes, although I wouldn't be surprised to see microtransactions if Anthem's rumours are true.

The mention of Commodore really takes me back! Seems like only yesterday. That was my first "computer". My how far we've come since the microchip!
  • Nite0wlzNite0wlz Posts: 26 Member
    I remember nobody wanted to talk about the sims 3 when TheSims2.com Forums were popular. Much less even speculate a Sims 4.
  • Mandie997Mandie997 Posts: 155 Member

If Sims 5 is missing the following, I'm out:
    • mendel inheritance genetic system like in TS2
    • Life stages: actual babies again (with clothes),toddlers, kids, preteens, teens, young adult, adult, middle aged, and elder.
    • Unique aspects to life stages like how in TS2 the teens got zits and learned to drive and the adults had midlife crises and the elders celebrated their golden anniversary.
    • re-add the memory system.
    • story progression.
    • open or semi-open world.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I play Sims 4 solely to spend time with my two favorite Sims, because I'm so attached to them. They won't be in a future Sims game, so I have no reason to wish for one. I will probably shed a tear or an ocean the day it is announced that Sims 4 will no longer be supported.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    I play Sims 4 solely to spend time with my two favorite Sims, because I'm so attached to them. They won't be in a future Sims game, so I have no reason to wish for one. I will probably shed a tear or an ocean the day it is announced that Sims 4 will no longer be supported.

not like they will take the game away from you.
    Nindigo wrote: »

I can really relate. For me, I have a sim in TS3 that I really love to play. I've liked some of my sims from TS4, but not nearly as much as my TS3 sims.

It is interesting though, how much I can get attached to a particular sim.