March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampire Hunters

I know when the vampires game pack first came out, it was mentioned that "vampire hunter" NPCs were coded into the game, and that these sims would seek out your vampire sim and try to turn them mortal.

I have never seen this happen. Has anyone else? Sure, I know it is possible to max out the vampire lore skill and become a vampire hunter yourself, but I have never seen an NPC do this.

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    There are no vampire hunter NPCs. Do you have some sort of (official) source that said that? I'd never heard it before.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • CagierSaturnCagierSaturn Posts: 24 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    There are no vampire hunter NPCs. Do you have some sort of (official) source that said that? I'd never heard it before.

I saw it on Carl's Sims Guide and on this forum, let me try to find the link. Not sure if there was anything official about it, but let me see.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I remember SGNinja mentioned it here on these forums that they didn't have the time/budget to implement the vampire hunters into the GP, but some base coding is still probably present in the pack but stands to be useless.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I remember this being mentioned as well. I suppose you could still have a sim make it their life's work to turn all vampires mortal, it just wouldn't be something specifically coded into the game.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    (i know the original poster has already addressed this, but figured it should still be mentioned for others reading it. can be good for storytelling, if that's your thing in the game)

you can *make* 'vampire hunters' yourself, though. i've got one in my game (named mina harker, to be silly). sims don't have to be vampires to learn the vampire lore skill, and that gives them access to the vampirism cure. a non-vampire with the cure has the interaction of 'slay vampire' when they deal with a vampire they're not on friendly terms with. this leads to a scuffle and, if the non-vampire wins, they throw the cure in the vampire's face, turning them mortal again (and technically 'slaying' the vampire they used to be)

mina happens to be on pretty good terms with the vatores, who are her neighbors. she is stalking vlad and a few other not-so-nice vampires, though has only slain a handful of the game-created ones
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    It would have been cool to have Abraham van Helsing or Simon Belmont kicking my vampires door down. Ah well, at least the vampires are the best we've every had. Maybe in the next game.
  • Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    I tried making a 'vampire hunter/slayer', however, I misjudged how easily they can become friends+.

My sim met Vlad on his introduction visit (shortly after the 'neck' call). When he came knocking at the door, I had my sim go out to make him leave using mean interactions. As soon as the door was opened however, Vlad swept by him without so much as a word between them. My sim went to bed while Vlad played with everything in the house all night. When he left at 5 am with the 'Thanks for hanging out with me', I noticed in the relationship panel that they were now friends.

Caleb was a co-worker at his job (Detective) and since Lilith always visited Caleb at work, my sim got to know both of them, basically through job tasks. When they started showing up wherever my sim was when he went out, it was hard to notice that the relationship was growing with Caleb, but then one night I did notice my sim was always seeking out Caleb to talk to. Sure enough, the romance bar was growing. It went up quickly from there.

So much for being a 'vampire hunter/slayer'. My Sim and Caleb are now 'Married with Children'!
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    caleb and lilith seem to be the types of vampires a slayer would get along with (even if caleb doesn't have an ounce of spike in him). vlad, on the other hand, shouldn't be so easy. i don't remember the powers he starts with, but to ensure there are unliked vampires around, give them the hissing disadvantage. and if you play them long enough or cheat up their powers, give them the 'undead aura' or whatever it is. with the hissing disadvantage, every time the vampire hisses, they take negative social hits with every nonvampire nearby. and the undead aura one makes them automatically start relationships in the negative (similar to the 'infamous' club perk from get together's clubs)

• Gamer12Gamer12 Posts: 126 Member
    Ok so I maxed out my sims vampire lore skill. How do i make her a vampire hunter?
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Gamer12 wrote: »
    Ok so I maxed out my sims vampire lore skill. How do i make her a vampire hunter?

I think you would probably get the ingredients for curing a vampire, and I recommend using the one drink too that can make the vampires abilities less likely to work on you (maybe that helps as well) and find your vampire ( make sure you have fitness too, a lot of them may not be easy to slay) and either use the friendly option to offer a cure or use the other option to slay vampire ( i think you need to have some mean interactions to get the slay one to come up but may not have to i dont remember)
    smurfy77 wrote: »

I think you would probably get the ingredients for curing a vampire, and I recommend using the one drink too that can make the vampires abilities less likely to work on you (maybe that helps as well) and find your vampire ( make sure you have fitness too, a lot of them may not be easy to slay) and either use the friendly option to offer a cure or use the other option to slay vampire ( i think you need to have some mean interactions to get the slay one to come up but may not have to i dont remember)

Thank you so much for the info. I am curious what ingredients, and what drink? I haven't been given the option to cure any vampire. Thankfully my soon to be hunter sim is active ! I'd love to find these ingredients. I have lots of garlic!
    smurfy77 wrote: »

Thank you so much for the info. I am curious what ingredients, and what drink? I haven't been given the option to cure any vampire. Thankfully my soon to be hunter sim is active ! I'd love to find these ingredients. I have lots of garlic!

Nvm! I found it on the bar. Thank you so much!
  • oklahoma05oklahoma05 Posts: 25 Member
    I’m kind of glad Vampire Hunters via NPC aren’t a thing.... I’d end up removing them anyways. I’m not gonna go through all the effort to make my Sim a vampire just to have some self-righteous VH come in and undo it all 😂. Besides, I’m trying to have my Vampire survive off of plasma packs and plasma fruit rather than drink from Sims (just feeding from Sims when necessary - like for the aspiration milestone). I’ve only just started playing Sims 4 (just recently acquired a computer that can run it - albeit off an external hard drive) and have just gotten around to playing through the Vampire gameplay (in addition to her being an actress). She just turned into a vampire (turned by Caleb and not Vlad). I’m using some cheats but trying not to use too many as I usually do, especially for money.
  • xXSims4lifeNForevXxxXSims4lifeNForevXx Posts: 12 New Member
    It would have been so cool if this featured existed! It would have brought a bit of excitement in the vampire life! I also imagine some romance. Imagine: A vampire hunter falling in love with his prey ;)