Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Debug Items?

_natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
I play on console - PS4 - and would like to know how to get to the debug menu items?
She/Her. 👩🏻
PlayStation. 🎮
United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
Post edited by _natalie on

Comments

• Options
    animevampanimevamp Posts: 136 Member
    BB. Showhiddenitems cheat then filter by debug
  • Options
    RestlessProphetRestlessProphet Posts: 1 New Member
    Are there all the same hidden objects for console as pc? I can't find so many of the ones I see in youtuber videos. Also searching "debug" doesn't work after I have enabled the cheat.
  • Options
    animevampanimevamp Posts: 136 Member
    > @RestlessProphet said:
    > Are there all the same hidden objects for console as pc? I can't find so many of the ones I see in youtuber videos. Also searching "debug" doesn't work after I have enabled the cheat.

I don't think there are. I followed the advice of deligracy and searching "unknown" in the debug, which is supposed to bring up a lot of the stuff but it didn't work.
  • Options
    BfeverBfever Posts: 40 Member
    I have found that entering debug in the search box doesn't bring up much (though I could have sworn a few months ago it worked fine). Using the debug filter after entering the bb.showhidden objects cheats brings up some but not all debug/hidden objects. I think unknown brings up some, but if you are looking for something specific, you have to type it in what you're looking for in the search box.

For example, a few months ago, I built a farm and entered debug which brought up all of the objects, including the harvestables but I don't see them anymore when I enter debug, even when filtering. I had to actually type in "apple" to get the apple tree..etc.

I recently built a grocery store so i had to type in "lettuce" and "melon" to get the lettuce and watermelon objects. It works but it sucks because you won't see all of the specific available debug items at once. You have to type them in one by one.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i'm not sure exactly how it works on console, since i only have the game on pc, but after entering the cheat it often helps to search for 'debug' then scroll all the way to the bottom of the displayed items that come up with it, then slowly scroll back towards the top while visually searching for what you're after. it seems that the search for 'debug' makes more things visible and you can usually do a search for them individually after, if you know the name

also, for harvestables themselves and other collectibles, they should show up under the 'misc' section of decorations, along with the displays from completing collections and several other things (the grown plants, though, will be under the debug section). the 'clutter' section of decorations should wind up having the new carved pumpkins from spooky stuff and the 'statues' section should have all the non-furniture items created at the woodworking table (the furniture is in specific categories, bathtub in bathtubs and so on). again, this is on pc, but i don't see why this would be drastically changed just for console. (all of this, of course, is after the bb.showhiddenobjects cheat is entered)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    Wardell wrote: »
    So I tried everything and the bb.showhiddenobjects don't not work for me. Ive done it in live mode and build mode but nothing works. What I'm I doing wrong? Please help thanks

Type it in when you're in build mode, then open the filters. There should be an option for "debug."