Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Reyes County -WIP- update 2013

Comments

• lucky8playerlucky8player Posts: 54
    edited August 2013
    havent seen anything for a while. hope to be able to play this world soon. :)
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    edited August 2013
    My Oh My I am just speechless, :shock: ... ditto what EVERYBODY has already said, you are very very talented and this world is just amazing, I know, I kept it short cause you must get sick of hearing it all :lol:

A truly wonderful looking world, with so much gone into it ..... WOW!! :thumbup:

Hope to see some more pics soon, also wondering whether you will incorporate anything from the IP expansion?? Anything in there take your fancy?

Keep up the fantastic work

2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • breannakristinebreannakristine Posts: 86 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Love this world. Cannot wait for it to be finished!
  • SamarkundSamarkund Posts: 5 New Member
    edited October 2013
    Hey really excited for this world to come out!
    What's the software you're using to create your distant terrain?
  • ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited October 2013
    Ouerbacker, thank you for the update on this world! Your work is always stunning. I love your little island, Ensamma ljusets, which makes a wonderful travel destination especially for the loner Sim or for a photographer. Breathtaking beauty, atmospheric conditions, real life sounds of crashing waves and seagulls, rich textures. You offer the best of those things I seek after and for that, I am grateful.

I hope life is treating you well! :D
  • simka72simka72 Posts: 98 Member
    edited October 2013
    I'm in awe!
    Each and every house is so beautiful, let alone your excellent work on the Terrain, absolutely outstanding!
  • flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited October 2013
    Welcome back! one of these days I am going to have to pick your brain about the external world generators you use. love the updates! and looking forward to downloading this one for sure
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

• lucky8playerlucky8player Posts: 54
    edited February 2014
    i wonder if the world is finished. im excited to play
  • jje10001jje10001 Posts: 87 Member
    Title%20800.png
    First%20Page%202a.jpg

The final version has been released! Get it now!

Point Ouerbacker
    Point Ouerbacker is a prominent cape and tourist destination on the Pasimific coast of Northern Calsimfornia. It is located in Reyes County, a convenient hour east of Santa Mira and two hours north of Sim Francisco.

As the fishing industry and homogeneity that once dominated the area has faded away, new demographics, new religions and new economies have moved in. Point Ouerbacker now struggles to define itself between the secure, stagnant old world of its birth, and the uncertain new world of tomorrow.
    Freslock%20Bay%20Postcard.jpg

Point%20Ouerbacker%20Postcard.jpg

Places to See
    • Seacliffe- a small summer vacation spot on the shores of Quarter Moon Bay, popular with folks from Santa Mira and Sim Francisco.
    • Landgraabs Estero- A large brackish bay east of Point Ouerbacker.
    • Freslock Bay- a small town once known for its fishing industry.
    • Point Ouerbacker- A peninsula divided into ranches, farms and Point Ouerbacker National Seashore.

More pictures here

Screenshot-8.jpg
    Screenshot-541.jpg

Of note:
    • 88 Lots (wow!), split amongst 45 residential lots and 43 community lots.
    • 1 Base Camp for your sims to visit & snag some sweet foreign 🐸🐸🐸🐸 >:3
    • 3 dive lots, each individually and realistically themed.
    • All lots are furnished!
    • Minimal rabbitholes! The majority of community lots are built and enterable, with the exception of the Hospital.

Also of note:
    • Thematic mixture of Marin County, Monterey and general West Coast Americana.
    • Also slightly inspired by paintings of Andrew Wyeth, Grahame Sydney, Edward Hopper, Grant Wood and other Regionalism artworks.
    • Not everything in this world is shiny and new; in fact, most of it isn't.
    • I suggest you turn off snow for a more authentic experience.
    Screenshot-403.jpg
    Screenshot-463.jpg

Final Changelist:
    • Refined weather
    • Fixed outstanding issue with seasons lot.
    • Polishing and flavor text.
    • There is some mismatching with the flat underwater distant terrain in the world, but it should have no effect on gameplay.

Download Link:

Things Required:
    • Sims 3
    • All expansions up to Island Paradise
    • A decent computer
    • The free Pet Store (found here )
    Unfortunately, this world requires a tiny bit of CC. You will need Awesims' Cornices, which have been included in this set due to her site going down (please let me know if this violates the TOU), and two bits of distant terrain mods (also included). You will also need Jynx's Rabbithole rugs (Found here).

Things not Required:
    • Stuff Packs
    • Sims 3 Store Items, but room has been made for some items.
    • Your First-born, or an arm/leg
    • Money

Other Suggested Mods:
    • I also suggest you get NRaas' MasterController, StoryProgression, Register, and Overwatch if you want a generally better game. (Found here)
    • Shimrod's Townies out on the Town mod will force sims to visit community lots- meaning fewer empty lots! (Found here )
    Special thanks to Auntielynds, for fixing some of the issues in this world, and Ouerbacker, who has graciously allowed me to finish Reyes County for him. A special thanks to everyone for you support as well!
    Enjoy! Take pretty pictures! Tag them with “Reyes County” or “Point Ouerbacker” for easy following.
    Keep up to date at http://potato-ballad-sims.tumblr.com/

Screenshot-180.jpg
    Screenshot-186.jpg
    Screenshot-175.jpg
  • Playerthe95Playerthe95 Posts: 129 Member
    It looks so amazing! I followed your tumblr blog. I wish i had all the expansions so I could download it.
  • lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    can I download this world without the cc or do I have to have it?
    Ideally you should get it- these have been tested and there is nothing wrong- they are safe to use :)

Jynx's rabbitholes- Replace actual rabbitholes- that means that all interiors of buildings have been opened. You can now roleplay being in a cinema, a bank, a bookstore, etc.
    Awesim's cornices- Are just nice to have- they originally came with the world.
    The Distant Terrains- Without the distant terrain, the world wouldn't look as nice!

I usually don't put CC in the world, but these are the few I've managed to strip the world down to.
    Anyone playing the world? Let me know if you find any issues :)
  • dorneviperdorneviper Posts: 52 Member
    edited June 2015
    I downloaded and took sim on bike ride thru it....I love it even though there is lots of lag....but I found that removing all those level skip and hidden room markers from community lots really cleaned up the lag....and there are a whole lot of those markers...getting rid of them made this exceptionally beautiful world playable....thanks for finishing it up!...DID I MENTION HOW MUCH I LOVE THIS WORLD?!!!!....it is truly beautiful
  • greenismeengreenismeen Posts: 131 Member
    Woah! What a nice surprise. You did an amazing job :)
    Thanks! I hope you are all enjoying it!

This world came late in the cycle, but I hope more people will be able to enjoy it!
  • AnticipationAnticipation Posts: 90 Member
    edited September 2015
    I have never seen another world that I liked even a quarter as much as I like Reyes County.

This world is a masterwork. Your design skills are exceptional. I can only imagine the amount of work that you have put into your art to reach the level of expertise that you have. I really appreciate that you created and shared this world.

Edit- I think that you will get a lot more traffic if you update the title to indicate that the world is finished.
    Post edited by Anticipation on
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @jje10001 @Anticipation I'm so glad this got bumped! I was drooling over this world for a long time and had no idea it had finally been finished. Downloading and really looking forward to checking it out!
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    edited September 2015
    @Anticipation & @suzses , thanks for the comments!

I hope people continue to spread news about the world around :)

However, I don't have access to the original post, so changing the title is unfortunately out of the question unless I make a new thread (which I can't seem to, my discussions always seem to disappear once I submit them).
  • TomoxxTomoxx Posts: 3 New Member
    I have a problem, the community lots which are enterable don't have rabbit holes so there's no hall and other stuff.
  • fxchrfxchrfxchrfxchr Posts: 329 Member
    Tomoxx wrote: »
    I have a problem, the community lots which are enterable don't have rabbit holes so there's no hall and other stuff.

Did you install Jynx's Rabbithole rugs as mentioned in the previous post about CC?
    Firby nurbs!
  • TomoxxTomoxx Posts: 3 New Member
    > @fxchrfxchr said:
    > Tomoxx wrote: »
    >
    > I have a problem, the community lots which are enterable don't have rabbit holes so there's no hall and other stuff.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Did you install Jynx's Rabbithole rugs as mentioned in the previous post about CC?
    Yeah, I instealled the one that is in the Mod The Sims page but they didn't get put in the world so there's still no rabbitholes :/
  • fxchrfxchrfxchrfxchr Posts: 329 Member
    > @fxchrfxchr said:
    >
    > I have a problem, the community lots which are enterable don't have rabbit holes so there's no hall and other stuff.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Did you install Jynx's Rabbithole rugs as mentioned in the previous post about CC?
    Yeah, I instealled the one that is in the Mod The Sims page but they didn't get put in the world so there's still no rabbitholes :/

So, the buildings are there but they have no rabbithole rugs in them?
    Firby nurbs!
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    edited February 2019
    fxchrfxchr wrote: »
    > @fxchrfxchr said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

So, the buildings are there but they have no rabbithole rugs in them?

The ones at MTS were broken due to the Pets patch and had to be fixed. Jinx had those on his website which is no longer around @Tomoxx you could try asking ask over at Nraas they used to have a copy of the fixed rugs before they moved to the new site someone there might still have them and would be willing to upload them to you through Media Fire or Mega.
    https://www.nraas.net/community/home
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited February 2019
    These rugs at MTS still work, although they have icons on them I wish they didn't: http://modthesims.info/d/411270/jynx-s-rabbit-holes-rugs-for-residential-lots.html . While you'll notice they say they're for residential lots, they can be used on community lots as well. You can also place other rugs over top of them if you don't want to see the icons, which is what I do.

They obviously won't auto place themselves in your downloaded world, but it's easy enough to add them yourself. Once downloaded, they can be found with other rugs under decor.

Edited to add: They're just the base game rabbit holes. I know I've found some others in the past couple years, but I couldn't find links right now.

Editing again to add: I just remembered there are some at simsasylum.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top