Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Challenge Blog: Llandros Ultimate Sim Challenge

Comments

• AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    edited February 2019
    SEASON 13 - MONTE VISTA

The End of the Season

This is an official announcement that Season 13 has come to an end, and this is what she managed to do this season:
    • Career: Architectural Designer (FT)
    • Career: Criminal - Evil (FT)
    • Father: Giacomo Modena (Human) from Monte Vista
    • Offspring: Nick Modena (Quadruplest)
    • Offspring: Nathan Modena (Quadruplets)
    • Offspring: Nancey Modena (Quadruplets)
    • Offspring: Nayla Modena (Quadruplets)

The next post will be the start of season 14!
    Post edited by AlHollandiyah on
    edited January 2019
    GoxLXva.png

SEASON 14 - AURORA SKIES

University
    • Influence: Rebel
    • Influence: Nerd
    • Influence: Jock

Careers
    • Fulltime: Science
    • Fulltime: Stylist
    • Fulltime: Video Game Developer - Game Artist

Activities
    • Occult: Free Choice
    • Offspring: Free Choice
    SEASON 14 - AURORA SKIES

The Twins & Their New Best Friends

At least once in this challenge we are supposed to take one of those creepy (Oh, oops, I said that out loud!) dolls from auntie whomever and turn them in to imaginary friends, make them real and marry them to their owner. (Did I say something about creepy? Oh, I did!) Well, as I am doing alphabetized offspring I was waiting until the O child would be born, because the name for that doll would obviously have to start with a P! But as usual I forgot that I bought her the fertility reward trait, and the O child turned into a pair of O twins. So I called them Octavio & Octavia, because I liked those names and I couldn't pick another one that I liked enough. And, well, because I can! Next day their gifts arrived, and I called them Pinocchia & Pinocchio! (Didn't you see that coming from miles away?). That will be a very arranged double wedding as soon as they all turn in to Young Adults.

Goals
    • Pick the Science career back up
    • Bring up the Twins & their friends
    • Turn the friends in to real friends
    • Marry both of them to their friends
    SEASON 14 - AURORA SKIES

Once Or Twice, But No More

It took ages for the dolls to turn real, and they not only looked really weird (which I saw in some videos also) they also had ONLY negative traits. Okay, I could choose their teen and adult traits, but still, the damage had been done. I don't think I am ever going to play with those creepy dolls again. I saw Igazor mentioning blocking them somewhere and I am very tempted to ask him how he has done that. But ok, they all turned in to adults and now they moved on. Time to put the focus back where it belongs; to Amber and her Long List of Life Goals!

Goals
    • Get to the top of the Science career
    • Try to top off at least 1 hidden skill
    • Look up what I need to know for the Stylist career
    • Get to the top of said Stylist career
    edited February 2019
    SEASON 14 - AURORA SKIES

The End of the Season

This is an official announcement that Season 14 has come to an end, and this is what she managed to do this season:
    • Career: Science (FT)
    • Career: Stylist (FT)
    • Career: Video Game Developer - Game Artist (FT)
    • Father: Ciro Perry (Human) from Aurora Skies
    • Offspring: Octavio Perry (Twins)
    • Offspring: Octavia Perry (Twins)
    • Offspring: Pinocchio (Imaginary Friend)
    • Offspring: Pinocchia (Imaginary Friend)

The next post will be the start of season 15!
    edited February 2019
    EWKhbXa.png

SEASON 15 - DRAGON VALLEY

University

Careers
    • Fulltime: Education
    • Self Employed: Gardener
    • Self Employed: Nectar Maker

Skills
    • Primary: Nectar Making

Activities
    • Occult: Plantsim
    • Offspring: Plantsim Baby (Plant & Grow Forbidden Fruit)
    edited January 2019

Before This Season

Before I start about my plans for this season, which I am planning to start today, first an appology! I know I barely posted any blog about season 14. Frankly, there wasn't much to talk about. It just existed of my sim going to a rabbit hole, my sim trying to get a job as a video game artist which she couldn't get due to a bug, and trying to make over some complaining sims. I zipped through it a bit because I found it all a bit boring, and I definitely don't like the architect and stylist careers. So that was a been there done that move on kind of deal.

But then this season! Oh this season is one I am looking forward to! It turns out I love all of the self employed careers, which I never would have thought before starting all of this. I love to be able to make my own times, work my crafts, and earn money that way. And this season has TWO of those careers! Gardening and nectar making! I also saved up the gardening skill challenges for this season, so I have a lot to look forward to! And then there is Dragons, because hey, dragon valley! I am definitely going for a green dragon so it can help my garden, but ultimately I want to have sold at least one of each type including the black one! This is going to be a LOT of fun!

Goals
    • Get Forbidden Fruit seeds
    • Become a Plantsim
    • Harvest a Plantsim Baby
    • Get a green dragon

Forbidden Plantings

I started this season by having my sim harvest everything harvestable in the greenhouse, to get her closer to the 650 harvested items needed for the gardening challenges, while waiting for seeds to spawn. Then I did a lot of gene splicing experiments on the seeds I found, ending up with 6 forbidden fruit seeds! I decided to plant all 6 of them under a swiftgro station, to have the best chance of getting both a good fruit and some offspring. They take 4 days to grow, so why waste days if you can try 6 times? Also, as forbidden fruit doesn't seem to need a father to 'grow' a plantsim baby, there will be no husband this season! Other then that my first dragon egg hatched in to a black dragon, which I used to spawn a second death flower and then sold, because I want a green one.

Goals
    • Tend garden so I get a Forbidden fruit
    • Use it to turn her into a Plantsim
    • Pick forbidden fruits untill I have one offspring
    • Join the education career

It's Green!

After tending to the garden for a bit I ended up with 6 nice forbidden fruit plants. So had her eat the first one, and as soon as she turned in to a (very ugly imho) plantsim I told her to pluck a forbidden fruit. That turned into a green baby boy that I decided to call Quinoa. Because the Q was the next on the baby name list. And yes I know it's food, but I thought it funny for a baby that was literally plucked from a garden plant. So yeah. I also had her work on the education career, so both of those things can be crossed of the list for now.

Goals
    • Build a greenhouse (I seriously tried a couple of times, but man that is hard!)
    • Join the gardener self employed career
    • Get the gardening skill challenges completed
    • Build up a big stash of grapes and other nectar ingredients

Building Break

This is a goal-less build blog! As I am now at the part of the season where I need both a big garden and a nectar basement, I was looking for a house that has or can get a basement. Then I ran in to a big issue. Stairs. To the basement. They are a MAJOR pain in the plum from foundation levels. Even if you don't have a foundation the game will still say 'nope' because 'can't be placed in a foundation' (which is as I said not even there). And if that is not the issue, then it will complain about terrain that can't be flattened. Terrain that is, in all possibilities, completely flat. Even flattened a couple of extra times.

I know that you can shift click them down from the foundation, but for one thing you can NOT rotate the stairs from what the game thinks you need while keeping shift down, and it will still complain and whine about every location that you pick. And if you finally manage to place one, it will not have a wall between the main floor and the basement ceiling, where the foundation walls are supposed to be. Which is annoying AF. So I opted for a two part stairway instead in the simple castle that I am building. Right now all it has is the outer wall, the towers, and the stairway down. To be continued!
    edited February 2019

Green Dragon Castle

I finished building and furnishing my castle, and I decided to call it Green Dragon Castle. Because, well, this season is rather green, having the gardening and nectar maker career, as well as the dragons from Dragon Valley. It has a large rooftop with 4 greenhouses and a big nectar cellar. Time to get going with these two careers!
    edited February 2019

Rooftop Greenhouse

After moving her in and joining the gardening career I had her plant almost all of her plants and seeds collections, in the 4 rooftop greenhouses. From all of the harvesting I am planning to save 2 perfect items of each plants produce in a chest for whenever I need them, and then sell the rest. If the plant is not used in nectar making I will then thereafter remove it from the greenhouse, unless it is a big money maker. As for the nectar making plants, I am planning to stock up enough ingredients to make each of the 15 nectar recipes once, and then remove all plants except for 4 types. One type for a nectar that uses 9 grapes, for the grape oriented nectar challenge, and a lot of life fruit for the best selling nectar. As well as the two types of fruit to top those 2 recipes off.

Goals
    • Get the top of the Gardening career
    • Fill a chest with perfect items of all of the types of plants
    • Fill a chest with enough receipes to make 15 types of nectar
    • Reorganise my greenhouse for max money making in both SE careers
    edited February 2019

Planting & Simming With A PlantSim

So far she reached level 7 of the gardening career, filled a chest with 2 each of the most types of plants in the game (55 unique types, as far as I can tell that is everything except for the money tree, but if I missed something be sure to let me know....) I also filled a chest with exactly all ingredients needed for the 15 different nectar receipes I found on some wiki, so I can start of with that skill challenge and get counting on some others as well.

In her greenhouses she currently has 18 life fruit plants, 1 pomegranate & pomelo tree (2nd of both planned), and 9 cranerlet nuala grapevines (second set of 9 planned). If all goes to plan, after finishing the gardening career, I will have 4 Swiftgro Stations with 10 plants each, being either 9 life fruit and 1 pomegranate or 9 cranerlet nuala grapevines and 1 pomelo. The first combination will be the money maker while the latter is for the skill challenge where you need to harvest and use 400 grapes, because that is the receipe with the most grapes in them.

Goals
    • Finish the gardener career by selling all harvested from now on (no more hoarding)
    • Create all 15 types of nectars for a skill challenge
    • Harvest and use 400 grapes in nectars for a skill challenge
    • Create as many life fruit nectars as needed to finish the career and the skill challenges

Super Speed Nectary

Well, this is going to be a rather short blog. Due to the 15 different receipes of nectar I made while working on the gardening career I was inches from level 10 as soon as I sold all of those bottles. Then I just proceeded making more nectar to finish all the nectary challenges and that wraps up this season! So no goals in this post. I had a TON of fun this season and it is one of my favorites so far. But ofcourse that is before I lived on a Tropical Island, which I am looking forward to very much!
    edited February 2019

The End of the Season

This is an official announcement that Season 15 has come to an end, and this is what she managed to do this season:
    • Skill: Nectar Making
    • Career: Education (FT)
    • Career: Gardener (SE)
    • Career: Nectar Maker (SE)
    • Father: -
    • Offspring: Quinoa Allstar (Plantsim)

The next post will be the start of season 15!
    edited February 2019
    TLQpder.png

SEASON 16 - ISLA PARADISO

University

Careers
    • Fulltime: Lifeguard
    • Self Employed: Scuba Diver
    • Self Employed: Writer

Skills
    • Primary: Athletic
    • Primary: Scuba Diving
    • Hidden: Diving

Activities
    • Activity: Own and operate a 5-Star Resort
    • Occult: Mermaid
    • Offspring: Mermaid Baby
    edited February 2019

Diving Deeper

After a long session of dive after dive she finally mastered the scuba diving skill, and 2 of it's challenges on the way! She also landed level 6 self employed scuba diver, so in the process of that we will probably get the 3rd challenge done too. Moving everywhere with a houseboat is so much fun and so convenient, just anchoring it near dive lots! I'm loving it! The only thing I don't get is why she pops a water taxi out of thin air for the 10 meters between houseboat and diving location. Even when she already is in the water. Why not just swim?

Goals
    • Finish the Scuba Diving career
    • Find and befriend a mermaid
    • Get mermaidic kelp and use it
    • Get a mermaid baby
    edited February 2019

Kelp Effects

After hanging out with a mermaid and asking about fish parts she got a special gift from her friend. She stored it for later, because she had a couple of things to finish first. Later, when the same mermaid also showed her a secret island she decided to taste it and see what it would do. A whole cloud of particles came around her, and when they dissolved she had scales on her legs! Now where did those come from? After looking in the mirror and tweaking a bit with the colors she decided to try them out in the water and look for some more treasures at the same time. In the end she found enough treasures to finish the scuba diving career!

In the meanwhile she saw around 5 other sims in the water around her, swimming around aimlessly. One of them was Alfonso Alto, and according to a quick status check he was a single sim with 2 kids. So she made her move, befriended him and asked him to move in. I then discovered that he left a woman behind in his old house, but hey he was single, so they probably were beyond rescue anyway. I bought some mermaidic kelp with LTP and gave it to him as a gift, which he ate! Then they married and went for a dive together! They had some fun together in a cave, a mile low, and are now expecting a tiny mermaid baby boy!

Goals
    • Join the Writer career
    • Start writing books
    • Try to achieve the Writing skill challenges
    • Have the baby and raise it
    edited February 2019

Too Many Books

There is the writing career. To rise through it's ranks you need to earn money. So you write books. A lot of books. And then come sunday you look forward to noon, because you will get your weekly payment, and that would finally tip you over to the next rank of your sloooooow career. Caching. Wait. Why didn't I get a promotion? #Googles #SearchesForum Plum. Weekly royalties do NOT count towards this career. The same royalties that you get from WRITING books. As a WRITER. The debate is on, is this a bug? Is this intentional? Opinions are all over the place. Well, I can give you my 2 cents. Either this is a bug, or the job requirements use the wrong phrasing, because right now all it says is money earned, and 90% of the money earned doesn't count. Sigh. Oh well, another dozens of books later and a very reclusive sim, and she finally managed to get it. But I don't think I will take this job in future games, as I also don't expect any patches for this game anymore. And the way it works now? Meh.

A Quick Resort

Then there was the side goal for this season. Own and operate a 5 star resort. It didn't say anything about how long you had to own it, or how much effort you had to put in. For example, it didn't say it had to be hobart. And after 15 seasons my nearly Ultimate Sim has more millions then she can ever spend in a lifetime. So what does this lazy gamer do? You know! Buy Sparkling sands. Upgrade the tower twice, enable Spa Service, add the remaining 6 types of high quality buffets, and then sit around and wait. Within 12 game hours she made 10k of profit, got No Trouble Atoll and sold the place for nearly 40k more then she bought it for. Been there, done that. Time to become a life guard and unlock the last of the 8 islands!

Goals
    • Join and max the Lifeguard career
    • Max the hidden water activity skills (Waterskiing & Windsurfing)
    • Rescue 35 people to unlock 'Cay to the City'
    • Pack up for the new season
    edited February 2019

The Rescue Dramas

No, these are not dramas in the typical way, but in the sim way. There is white and black, but no gray. Either I had no progress at all or I jumped to level 5 all at once. And then there is the rescues. Hours spent waiting for someone who needed me, only to have someone faint for my attention, and shortly after that 4 (!) people almost drowning at the same time. And while I canceled some flirting victim actions and people asking for autographs I managed to save 2, of which the first needed CPR as well. Then when I wanted to go rescue the 3rd, both 3 and 4 came swimming out of the water and one wanted to slap me and the other wanted to insult me. Next thing I know a + is flashing in the only corner I didn't see for 1 (!) second, and then disappearing, after which someone was muttering why I got paid for saving nobody. I had planned to try and go for the 35 rescues for the last island, but by this time I had enough of it. I had glitched to level 10 and I was done with all of the whining. I just don't have time and patience for that. So this is the end of the season!
    edited February 2019

The End of the Season

This is an official announcement that Season 16 has come to an end, and this is what she managed to do this season:
    • Career: Lifeguard (FT)
    • Career: Scuba Diver (SE)
    • Career: Writer (SE)
    • Father: Alfonso Alto (Mermaid) from Isla Paradiso
    • Offspring: Roger Alto (Mermaid, Twins)
    • Offspring: Rochelle Alto (Mermaid, Twins)

The next post will be the start of season 17!
    edited February 2019
    jH1oWKX.png

SEASON 17 - MIDNIGHT HOLLOW

University

Careers
    • Fulltime: Criminal - Thief
    • Fulltime: Ghost Hunter
    • Fulltime: Music - Symphonic

Activities
    • Occult: Free Choice
    • Offspring: Free Choice

Second Short Season

This is the second short season, but unlike the last time this is because I didn't like this town, at, all. It is so dark and dreary it is nearly unplayable and not very eye-pleasing. So I sort off skipped through the 3 careers at super speed, had a set of twins from the Door of Life and Death and finished it up ASAP. Sorry folks, no long blog this time.

The End of the Season

This is an official announcement that Season 17 has come to an end, and this is what she managed to do this season:
    • Career: Criminal - Thief (FT)
    • Career: Ghost Hunter (FT)
    • Career: Music - Symphonic (FT)
    • Father: Todd Landgraab (Human) from Midnight Hollow
    • Offspring: Sienna Landgraab (Door of Life and Death, Twins)
    • Offspring: Shayenna Landgraab (Door of Life and Death, Twins)

The next post will be the start of season 17!
    edited February 2019
    aNNCHCs.png

SEASON 18 - ROARING HEIGHTS

University

Careers
    • Fulltime: Investigator
    • Fulltime: Journalism