Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Game Pack is your favourite?

ChristelleChristelle Posts: 144 Member
Which game pack add the most value and game-play. I see a lot of new sims 4 players wanting to know this question. Vote for your favourite and add your top 3 in comments if you want to.

Which Game Pack is your favourite? 228 votes

Jungle adventure
8% 19 votes
Parenthood
44% 101 votes
Vampires
27% 62 votes
Dine out
12% 29 votes
Spa Day
4% 11 votes
Outdoor retreat
2% 6 votes

Comments

• EliGrangerSimmerEliGrangerSimmer Posts: 62 Member
    Parenthood is my favourite as I play with families all the time. It is also the only gamepack I have.
    I might look crazy but I am fangirling
  • miss_jordanmiss_jordan Posts: 6 New Member
    I only have parenthood but looking at Spa Day, Dine Out, and Vampires!
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Here we go again, hah.

My top three would be Vampires, Parenthood, and Dine Out.

In these polls, parenthood is usually tied with vampires anyway. Which one's "the best" really depends on whether the player prefers family gameplay or supernatural gameplay. They combine pretty well, too.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I realise not everyone can make use of Jungle Adventures because it's a rather specific theme, but just the kind of specific I enjoy, so to me, this pack offers the most gameplay and overall value.

My list:
    1) Jungle Adventures
    2) Vampires
    3) Parenthood
    4) Outdoor Retreat or Spa Day
    5) the other
    6) Dine Out
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Vampires!
  • RosellafaithRosellafaith Posts: 10 New Member
    > @Christelle said:
    > Which game pack add the most value and game-play. I see a lot of new sims 4 players wanting to know this question. Vote for your favourite and add your top 3 in comments if you want to.

I don't have any of these but if I had Sims 4 Base game I choose the following Parenthood because I love kids and the surgeon pack with Baby aliens. I do love vampires too the question is how they all have to have red eyes and be gothic?

I don't know what about a Vampire nurse with powers to defeat aliens?
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    I actually really enjoyed everything Spa Day brings to the table. Making spas is fun, and I love having my Sims get massages and a rest in the saunas. Plus, the wellness skill is fun, as I love the meditation (and freezing needs and teleporting) as well as the yoga mats and routines. Overall, I think it's a really nice addition to the game to give your Sims some much needed relaxation without needing to rough it in some wilderness somewhere.
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited January 2019
    He-he, Parenthood is the most popular, and it's the one pack I refuse to get. I spend my Sims time trying to get through toddlerhood and childhood as quickly as possible.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • RobotBeesRobotBees Posts: 145 Member
    The Archaeology Skill in the Jungle is sooo lucrative. Once you start being sent artifacts to authenticate (which is like every other day) you get like about $4,000 for each artifact.
  • IreneLudwigIreneLudwig Posts: 125 Member
    Definitely Vampires, but Parenthood is a close second, I use it all the time! Outdoor Retreat is my least favourite. Can't speak for the other ones because I don't have them.
  • KarinaDKarinaD Posts: 17 Member
    My top 3 will have to be:

1) Parenthood
    2) Outdoor Retreat
    3) Dine Out
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Most of the Game Packs I only use occasionally -- the two that are part of my everyday game play the most are Dine Out and Parenthood, and Parenthood gets the nod because when i play families it adds the most in terms of gameplay options. I don't always play with vampires, nor do send all my Sims to the jungle nor the forest, nor do all my Sims take up the Wellness skill, but when I play single Sims I frequently have them go to restaurants (did you know that eating a Grand Meal at a restaurant fulfills that tradition for Seasons holidays?) and then when they have a family then Parenthood really kicks in. I've also gone through and given premades some of the Parenthood traits (Nancy Landgraab and Eliza Pancakes ususally get Insensitive and Argumentative) to fill out their personalities a tad. I'm currently finishing up fine-tuning my template save (base for future saves) by playing a single Sim who is a painter and will eventually run an art gallery/photo studio for my other Sims to patronize) but once I'm done with that I'll be getting back to playing families (goal is to have a family that's unlocked all the career outfits) so Parenthood will again be front and center for me.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Easily Parenthood its the only game pack that gets used every time I play.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    I play mostly a family centric game but find parenthood useless. None of the questions teens ask really make any difference. So when they constantly pop up, it's just annoying. Maybe I'm not realizing what all came with the parenthood pack. Why do people love it so much?

Vampires is definitely a favorite of mine too, but spa day was perfect for me and essential given that I'm a yoga instructor irl. I use things from spa day more than I play with vampires.
  • TenaikaTenaika Posts: 20 Member
    Parenthood is definitly my favorite for I love playing large families, take care of children and their education. But I also like Dine out and its restaurants and new recipes.
  • MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    1. Parenthood. Parenthood is the BEST for me because I love family gameplay. I’m always playing a family so yea :)
    2. Dine Out. I love having the option to build up a restaurant, but my favorite feature is taking sims out to them.
    3. Outdoor Retreat. Well, ok, this is tough because I really believe Vampires is the 3rd best, but I’m not a big supernatural player so I really do enjoy sending my sims on vacation whenever they get out of hand (mostly the toddlers)
    Thanks for Reading :)
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    Parenthood's my favorite.

- I don't like playing with occults so Vampires isn't really my thing...
    - My sims never go on vacations
    - Dineout lags too much
    - I never go to spas because I always forget they even exist because there are no spas in any of the worlds automatically and I rarely ever place any other lots than residential lots (because there's such a limited amount of lots and I need as many of them to be residential so all my townies and their children have a place to live)
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    1. I love all the game packs, but Vampires has to be my favourite - and not just as a game pack, but out of all the S4 packs. I have always loved vampires and I love how versatile they are this time around. I couldn't play without it.

2. Parenthood is a close second. I'm a family player so again I couldn't play without it.

3. Dine Out, but only just! Ask me on a different day and I'll probably choose Spa Day. Dine Out isn't perfect as meals can take too long and I'm not that interested in running a restaurant myself. However, I do love being able to take my sims out to eat.
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    Vampires is my favorite, I love all of the occults from the previous sims games, and I really hope the sims team gives us more supernatural content in the future~
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Sheepiling wrote: »
    Vampires is my favorite, I love all of the occults from the previous sims games, and I really hope the sims team gives us more supernatural content in the future~

Oh, me too. I absolutely want more supernaturals that are as good as the vampires.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • PenguinBudgiePenguinBudgie Posts: 44 Member
    I only have Dine Out, Parenthood, and Outdoor Retreat, but I like them all. Dine Out is probably my favourite right now because it's the latest one I got, though I love how much game play Parenthood adds since I usually only play big families. I like the camping objects Outdoor Retreat provides because I end up using the wooden seats and fireplaces a lot if I'm doing a history-based challenge, or for holidays I create in-game. I don't go to Granite Falls often with my Sims, but when they are there the atmosphere feels great.
  • SimmerBoiSimmerBoi Posts: 134 Member
    I've always been obsessed with vampires on the sims and I really loved what they've done with them in the sims 4. They're so much fun to play, and they can finally drink from other sims, yay!
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    For me it's a toss up between vampires and parenthood.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I chose Vamps - but I technically love all the game packs - many much more than the eps. They seem deeper and more focused to me than the eps most of the time. I am glad I have all the gps.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....