Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• Options
    KeiomestreKeiomestre Posts: 195 Member
    Hello, I'm Keiomestre. I joined the forums a few days ago, because I want to share some screenshots and maybe some stories.

I've played Sims 1 for many years since I was a child. When Sims 2 launched, my computer couldn't handle it decently and I hated the wants and fears system, so I skipped it until Sims 3 came. Eventually, EA gave the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on Origin for free, so I installed it and played a few hundreds of hours (Witches from Apartment Life and the hobbies from Freetime made the game much better).

Last year I bought several packs for Sims 3, so I'm very addicted now.

The Sims 4 I will probably never buy. Not having the open world from 3 makes no sense to me. I would rather play Sims 2 than 4. I watched reviews from most packs, but the only one that caught my attention was that one that allows the player to create clubs.
    ..... ..... ..... ..... My favorite Sims 3 family: THE ENFADONHOS!..... ..... ..... .....
    Vgfhu74.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Keiomestre wrote: »
    Hello, I'm Keiomestre. I joined the forums a few days ago, because I want to share some screenshots and maybe some stories.

I've played Sims 1 for many years since I was a child. When Sims 2 launched, my computer couldn't handle it decently and I hated the wants and fears system, so I skipped it until Sims 3 came. Eventually, EA gave the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on Origin for free, so I installed it and played a few hundreds of hours (Witches from Apartment Life and the hobbies from Freetime made the game much better).

Last year I bought several packs for Sims 3, so I'm very addicted now.

The Sims 4 I will probably never buy. Not having the open world from 3 makes no sense to me. I would rather play Sims 2 than 4. I watched reviews from most packs, but the only one that caught my attention was that one that allows the player to create clubs.

Hello @Keiomestre :) It is nice to meet you . Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you are planning to share some screenshots and stories with fellow simmers :) Simmers will enjoy seeing and reading them :)
    It is nice that you started simming by playing Sims 1 as a child, and are now enjoying playing Sims 3. It is great that you bought some Sims 3 packs last year. The packs add very enjoyable and fun features, activities, great worlds, and very nice build/buy mode and CAS items to the game! It is fun exploring all the features when we buy new packs!
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    Hyunwoo_ssiHyunwoo_ssi Posts: 39 Member
    Hello fellow Simmers! I am new here but I have been playing the Sims since the 2nd gen and I am hooked. I may be a bit on the sadist side with all my gerring annoyed and then killing off the household one by one but I do enjoy the challenges as well. Currently on my first attempt at the 100 baby challenge. Wish me luck XD
    7a0f2c2cb0c019dac7b944eb17c7eea6.jpg
    monbebe8819 is my sims id.
  • Options
    Hello fellow Simmers! I am new here but I have been playing the Sims since the 2nd gen and I am hooked. I may be a bit on the sadist side with all my gerring annoyed and then killing off the household one by one but I do enjoy the challenges as well. Currently on my first attempt at the 100 baby challenge. Wish me luck XD

Hello @Hyunwoo_ssi :) It is nice to meet you . Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming since Sims 2. Simming is very addictive! :)
    I hope that your 100 baby challenge goes very well! :) It will be nice for you to see the new children and seeing how their Sims lives develop in your game.
  • Options
    Hyunwoo_ssiHyunwoo_ssi Posts: 39 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hyunwoo_ssi wrote: »
    >
    > Hello fellow Simmers! I am new here but I have been playing the Sims since the 2nd gen and I am hooked. I may be a bit on the sadist side with all my gerring annoyed and then killing off the household one by one but I do enjoy the challenges as well. Currently on my first attempt at the 100 baby challenge. Wish me luck XD
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Hyunwoo_ssi :) It is nice to meet you . Welcome to the forums!
    > It is very nice that you have been simming since Sims 2. Simming is very addictive! :)
    > I hope that your 100 baby challenge goes very well! :) It will be nice for you to see the new children and seeing how their Sims lives develop in your game.
    > Happy simming! :)

Thank you! I love this game and It's nice to know that I am not alone!!
    7a0f2c2cb0c019dac7b944eb17c7eea6.jpg
    monbebe8819 is my sims id.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hyunwoo_ssi wrote: »
    >
    > Hello fellow Simmers! I am new here but I have been playing the Sims since the 2nd gen and I am hooked. I may be a bit on the sadist side with all my gerring annoyed and then killing off the household one by one but I do enjoy the challenges as well. Currently on my first attempt at the 100 baby challenge. Wish me luck XD
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Hyunwoo_ssi :) It is nice to meet you . Welcome to the forums!
    > It is very nice that you have been simming since Sims 2. Simming is very addictive! :)
    > I hope that your 100 baby challenge goes very well! :) It will be nice for you to see the new children and seeing how their Sims lives develop in your game.

Thank you! I love this game and It's nice to know that I am not alone!!

You’re welcome :)
  • Options
    Search_BeyondSearch_Beyond Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi everyone! My name is Melissa and I've been playing the sims for ages but have just recently learned how to make my own CC. (I'm so proud of myself) Also, I'm really interested in chatting with people here because I've never really used the forums to communicate with other simmers. My goals regarding the sims right now is to learn how to make my own meshes. I really like fashion and interior design and I'm hoping to use the sims 4 as a way to make my designs come to life.
  • Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Melissa and I've been playing the sims for ages but have just recently learned how to make my own CC. (I'm so proud of myself) Also, I'm really interested in chatting with people here because I've never really used the forums to communicate with other simmers. My goals regarding the sims right now is to learn how to make my own meshes. I really like fashion and interior design and I'm hoping to use the sims 4 as a way to make my designs come to life.

Hello @Search_Beyond :) It is nice to meet you . Welcome to the forums!
    It is very special that you have started making cc items for the game! :) It would add a special to your game as you either see your sims wearing cc clothing you have made, or furnishing their home with your cc items.
    I hope that you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers on the threads, and enjoy posting about what is happening in your game.
    It is nice that you enjoy fashion and interior design. You would enjoy bringing your design ideas into simsgame form.
  • Options
    siavash82irsiavash82ir Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello friendssss
    I'm new to the community
    Thanks for this active community
  • Options
    Hello friendssss
    I'm new to the community
    Thanks for this active community

Hello @siavash82ir :) It is nice to meet you . Welcome to the forums!
    I hope that you will enjoy reading the forum threads, meeting fellow simmers, and enjoy posting about the sims that you are playing in your game.
  • Options
    Littlemissred3Littlemissred3 Posts: 5 New Member
    Hello, new to all this. I used to play the Sims on Xbox years ago and I missed it, so here I am. I’m really liking the sims mobile and I have been coming to the forums for answers, which have helped A Lot! I AM a bit slow on catching onto things so if I mess up in the forum somehow, please let me know.
  • Options
    Hello, new to all this. I used to play the Sims on Xbox years ago and I missed it, so here I am. I’m really liking the sims mobile and I have been coming to the forums for answers, which have helped A Lot! I AM a bit slow on catching onto things so if I mess up in the forum somehow, please let me know.

Hello @Littlemissred3 :) It is nice to meet you . Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming by playing the console version, and now are enjoying Sims Mobile.
    The forums is a great place to find helpful information about playing the Sims games!
    I hope that you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers as you read and post on the threads :)
  • Options
    SimmerBoiSimmerBoi Posts: 134 Member
    Hello there! (General Kenobi.)
    Simmer Boi reporting for duty. I'm actually a girl, but I just love the word "boi" so much, lol.
    I've been playing The Sims since I was a teenager. I've met some of my best friends through Sims forums, so it's only logical that I start browsing forums once again. I actually was too young when the Sims 1 came out, so I played it only a little, and my main boi was The Sims 2. I used to make horrible machinimas with it and I had a ginormous mod folder. When Sims 3 came along I hated it, mostly for the graphics - I thought the sims looked truly horrible - and I stopped playing for years, also because I couldn't wrap my head around videomaking with it and videomaking is the main reason I play anyway. I was a little skeptical when Sims 4 came along, so I also didn't play that for a few years, but last year I got addicted and now I'm finally back to machinima making - the results are slightly better than the ones I had when I was little, but there's still room for improvement. I joined the forum to talk about the game, learn stuff that I didn't know before and mostly to meet other machinima makers and share my own, since there's no way my channel is growing otherwise. :P
    Sorry for the long presentation. Byeee! <3
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    SimmerBoi wrote: »
    Hello there! (General Kenobi.)
    Simmer Boi reporting for duty. I'm actually a girl, but I just love the word "boi" so much, lol.
    I've been playing The Sims since I was a teenager. I've met some of my best friends through Sims forums, so it's only logical that I start browsing forums once again. I actually was too young when the Sims 1 came out, so I played it only a little, and my main boi was The Sims 2. I used to make horrible machinimas with it and I had a ginormous mod folder. When Sims 3 came along I hated it, mostly for the graphics - I thought the sims looked truly horrible - and I stopped playing for years, also because I couldn't wrap my head around videomaking with it and videomaking is the main reason I play anyway. I was a little skeptical when Sims 4 came along, so I also didn't play that for a few years, but last year I got addicted and now I'm finally back to machinima making - the results are slightly better than the ones I had when I was little, but there's still room for improvement. I joined the forum to talk about the game, learn stuff that I didn't know before and mostly to meet other machinima makers and share my own, since there's no way my channel is growing otherwise. :P
    Sorry for the long presentation. Byeee! <3

Hello @SimmerBoi :) It is nice to meet you . Welcome back to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since you were a teen. and that you enjoyed spending time on the forums and made great simming friends. It is great that simmers who post on the forums come from all around the world, and we all share the same interest which is having fun simming!
    It is great that you enjoy making simming machinimas and it is very special that you have your own YouTube channel! :) That is great! You may like to read and post on threads in the Video Haven section of the forums.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/video-haven
  • Options
    CasuallySherlockCasuallySherlock Posts: 34 Member
    I've been a "New Member" for almost 9 years. I'd love to start discussions and change my photo, but the point system for getting likes to become a "Member", I can't get. It's actually very frustrating, since I've been here so long.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    I've been a "New Member" for almost 9 years. I'd love to start discussions and change my photo, but the point system for getting likes to become a "Member", I can't get. It's actually very frustrating, since I've been here so long.

@xoxoajboohxoxo13, you have the required points, you just need to make more posts in the forums until you hit 15 posts and then you should become a full member after that... ;)
  • Options

Hello @xoxoajboohxoxo13 :) It is nice to meet you.
    You have the required points, but just need 6 more posts to become a full member . You will soon be a full member.
  • Options
    Oh, I thought I needed 50 likes to become a member and I only have one. Hahah.

> @rosemow said:
    > xoxoajboohxoxo13 wrote: »
    >
    > I've been a "New Member" for almost 9 years. I'd love to start discussions and change my photo, but the point system for getting likes to become a "Member", I can't get. It's actually very frustrating, since I've been here so long.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @xoxoajboohxoxo13 :) It is nice to meet you.
    > You have the required points, but just need 6 more posts to become a full member . You will soon be a full member.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    Oh, I thought I needed 50 likes to become a member and I only have one. Hahah.

> @rosemow said:
    >
    > I've been a "New Member" for almost 9 years. I'd love to start discussions and change my photo, but the point system for getting likes to become a "Member", I can't get. It's actually very frustrating, since I've been here so long.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @xoxoajboohxoxo13 :) It is nice to meet you.
    > You have the required points, but just need 6 more posts to become a full member . You will soon be a full member.

@xoxoajboohxoxo13, most of your points came from all of the badges that you have earned over the past 9 years from the time you joined the old TS3 site... ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Hello @xoxoajboohxoxo13
    The number of points and posts needed to become a full member has changed since the points system was first started. You now need to have 25 points and 15 posts before you can become a full member. This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934205/small-change-for-new-members#latest

You receive a point each time another simmer presses like or awesome or insightful on a post that you have posted in a thread created by another simmer.
    This post explains about the badges that you can /have earned points through also.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16043647/#Comment_16043647
  • Options
    Oh thanks so much, I'm really bad at using things online. I'm pretty old school and don't understand when things change that well. Hahah

> @lisasc360 said:
    >
    > Oh, I thought I needed 50 likes to become a member and I only have one. Hahah.
    >
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > xoxoajboohxoxo13 wrote: »
    > >
    > > I've been a "New Member" for almost 9 years. I'd love to start discussions and change my photo, but the point system for getting likes to become a "Member", I can't get. It's actually very frustrating, since I've been here so long.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello @xoxoajboohxoxo13 :) It is nice to meet you.
    > > You have the required points, but just need 6 more posts to become a full member . You will soon be a full member.
    > > Happy simming! :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > @xoxoajboohxoxo13, most of your points came from all of the badges that you have earned over the past 9 years from the time you joined the old TS3 site... ;)
  • Options
    Quick question, does it tell me when I've become a member?

> @rosemow said:
    > You’re welcome @xoxoajboohxoxo13 :) Doing things online can sometimes get a bit confusing :)
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Quick question, does it tell me when I've become a member?

> @rosemow said:
    > You’re welcome @xoxoajboohxoxo13 :) Doing things online can sometimes get a bit confusing :)

Hello @xoxoajboohxoxo13
    Try logging out of the site then logging back in again and see if that shows you as a full member .
    You will receive a notification when you become a full member.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top