Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to download CC from Tumblr?

Hi all,

I have seen a couple of people post links for CC to Tumblr sites but I have a n00b question - how do you actually download the stuff?

:/
Origin ID: burnttoast123456

Comments

• auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    They should have a Download link that will take you to a 3rd party file sharing site. There are numerous file sharing sites out there and some are better than others. You must be careful on some to make sure you don't click on a misleading ad instead of the download you intend to get. I'm in the middle of something right now, but later tonight I'll go to the most popular ones and take pics to help you navigate through. I have meant to do this for some time, but you know about good intentions. ;)
  • auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    Alrighty :D

We'll start with a quick note about adfly. Adfly is an ad revenue site that redirects you to a short ad then after clicking the "Skip Ad" button you are brought to the desired URL. The people who use adfly are paid $ for every click that is redirected through it. It is little nuisance but if you know how to navigate it, I think it's fairly safe. I have download tons of sims stuff through the years and never had a problem.

In the upper right hand corner you will see a 5 second countdown. When it changes to "Skip Ad" click on it at you will be taken to your download page.
    3Cwv9Ix.jpg

File Sharing Sites:

Mediafire:

Pretty straightforward with a few ads on the sides.
    rJ2snaV.jpg

4-Shared
    Not so straightforward. Here's the first page you get to.
    GFxZBGe.jpg

Once you click the Download button a pop-up ad in a small window comes up and you just X it off. The main window is directed to another download page. You click on the "Free Download" and wait the 20 seconds. Your download should pop up and you click OK.
    mKZEpmd.jpg

Dropbox
    No ads, very straightforward.
    8FKV6cI.jpg

box
    No ads, very straightforward.
    FecWcya.jpg

Mega
    No ads, very straightforward. This one shows a whole folder with the creators downloads. Pick the one you want and click the download button.
    osxenZi.jpg

Let me know if you have anymore questions.
  • cholinecholine Posts: 59 Member
    Fabulous! Thanks for your help and thank you so much for taking the time to post such a 'deep' response.

Very helpful - MUCH appreciated!
    Origin ID: burnttoast123456
  • Amiisawesome19Amiisawesome19 Posts: 2 New Member
    Last time I did that I got a virus soo... dont always trust the content or the download site :)
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    Last time I did that I got a virus soo... dont always trust the content or the download site :)
    @Amiisawesome19
    Somewhat old thread to reply to, but it includes useful information so that's good. The possibility of catching a virus is also something that should be pointed out.
  • Simslover13Simslover13 Posts: 11 New Member
    I know this was a long time ago but every time I try to download cc from Tumblr it always takes me to sim file share and not Dropbox, why is that?
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    I know this was a long time ago but every time I try to download cc from Tumblr it always takes me to sim file share and not Dropbox, why is that?
    many people on tumblr just have a preference for simfileshare. are you having an issue with that website?
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• YouYou Posts: 123 Member
    edited February 2018
    Tip: Some links don't work so sometimes you'll have to right click the link and click "Open link in new tab".

edit - just realized this discussion was made in 2015 oops
    I'm you.
  • liagalagoo_1liagalagoo_1 Posts: 1 New Member
    Can I have some help I downloaded 2 websites worth of cc and none of it showed up in game. I use internet explorer to track my cc and I put it in my mods folder I made. Did I do anything wrong??
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    Do the file names end with .package? If not you may need to extract them from the zip folder. You can right-click on the folder and see if your computer has an extraction program. If not you can use a free program such as 7-zip or Winrar to remove the files. Place the .package files in your Mods folder. You can then delete the zip folder.
    https://www.7-zip.org/
    https://www.rarlab.com/download.htm?

If the files end in .package make sure that you have enabled CC in your game. From the main page choose the "..." symbol in the top right-hand corner. Choose "Game Options", then "Other". Tick the boxes next to "Enable Custom Content and Mods" AND "Script Mods Allowed". Choose "Apply Changes" and click the X in the top right corner to close the box and then Exit the game. You must restart the game for the changes to take place. You will need to repeat this after every patch as the game will automatically disable all CC and Mods when it updates.
  • mechon_emomechon_emo Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a different question but, I was thinking about posting a sim download on tumblr but I can't seem to figure out how to make the links say "hair" or "skin". I am a noob to tumblr but if someone could answer my question I would be so happy. Again, I know this is completely off topic but I can't start my own thread sooo...
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I'm a bit of a tumblr noob myself but try using #hair, #skin etc. Also, you might consider checking post dates before asking questions in them. This one is from July 2018 at its newest point and from 2017 at its oldest. Wouldn't want you to get yelled at for necroposting.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.