Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Happy Holidays Gift Exchange ~ CLOSED

1789101113...Next

Comments

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I hope you all enjoyed a very merry Christmas.

Dana got married and moved into the furnished version of Just Be.achy. So, I swapped out the single bed for a double and placed it at an angle MOO'd a bit to the corner of the room. Franz is back to sleeping on the porch again, but he doesn't seem to mind. (I'm still waiting for the current owner of the house on the soon-to-be Driftwood lot to pass on so that I can put the Driftwood lot there and move Dana's family to the larger space.
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @ciane It's nice to hear how Dana and Franz are doing. I'm surprised you got that double bed in there! I had planned on one but looked at it and thought "nope," but I didn't think to try diagonal.

@cmbaker16 I'm really sorry I don't have any new festival investigating to report on. Real Christmas, as well as Santa's workshop for Build-N-Share that I took way too many pictures of, got in the way of any actual play time! I did think about it almost every day and do think that after tomorrow or so I'll have some gaming time.

I, too, hope everyone had a very nice Christmas. <3
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    That neighbor passed away where the Driftwood lot needed to go, so I finally got that placed and looked around. The family just needs a little bit more money before they can move in.
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @ciane Is it bad that I awesomed a dead neighbor? Probably. I hope they enjoy the house once they can move in.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Happy New Year All! Do any of you play Sims 4? MY daughter worked off money from my mother and got me Sims 4 Seasons. Which is my favorite Sims 3 pack. Also, have you ever played Sims Medieval?
  • lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    Hey everyone! hope you all had an amazing Christmas and a Happy new year!
    Sorry for being absent but the holidays really took me away, it was a little stressful and worriesome (a grand aunt of mine passed away and an uncle of mine was really sick, he was released from the hospital yesterday but he is still delicate) it was even sadder because some family friends went trough the same, passings and such :confused:

I wanted to comment on @ciane last gift, I tried a couple of times before but I was really out of it, now I'm better though :smile:
    And I want to start with... I can't believe I have my own "asylum", I'm so happy! it's not out of my comfort zone at all! when I said I'm not picky when it comes to build styles I wasn't lying, if I don't use them as much it's because I'm bad at building them :lol:
    I like the thought that went into building Crazy House, I really like the scale of gray that goes through the house with the red accents, it actually makes me feel a little uncomfortable, I mean that in the best way possible, as if I were an inhabitant of such a house I definitively would feel disconnected from the world in some way, kinda trapped... I don't know if I'm making any sense :lol:
    I can't wait to start my challenge using this build! I'll need to make some of the inmates (by the way, I didn't know that term wasn't PC :open_mouth: )
    I'll make sure to check the Build and Share monthly challenges you mentioned, thanks for the suggestion :smile:
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
    edited January 2019
    @Ziristha - Oh, no, it's always hard to lose loved ones, and especially hard during the holidays!

I'm glad you are planning to play an asylum now. I'd love to see how they all do. Hopefully, you have fun with it! I really enjoyed building for you.

@Mystik1978 - I'm glad you have the Seasons pack and can have fun with it in Sims 4. I'm a die-hard Sims 3 simmer. I was only tempted to get Sims 4 once toddlers were finally introduced, but I just can't wrap myself around being tied to Origin to play. I got Sims Medieval and opened it up to play only once. I just love my color wheel too much and see Sims 3 as a playable CAD program.
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    Mystik1978 wrote: »
    Happy New Year All! Do any of you play Sims 4? MY daughter worked off money from my mother and got me Sims 4 Seasons. Which is my favorite Sims 3 pack. Also, have you ever played Sims Medieval?

I play both! <3 I've always loved Sims Medieval, although the lack of sandbox (yes, you CAN put it in sandbox mode, but then none of your Sims can level up, which defeats the purpose) sometimes balks me.

I've been playing Sims 4 now that I have more expansions/packs. I took advantage of their holiday sale (40% off for most things!) to get many packs and expansions I didn't already have, even though I spent more money than I ought. I got Seasons, although honestly that hadn't been my intention. I had checked it off as a test - can't remember what I was testing - then I canceled the purchase, and selected something else, not realizing that now BOTH were in the checkout. Didn't look carefully when I hit the purchase button, and then D'oh! Not that I mind; it's a great expansion, and it was 50% off as well.

What had originally held me back from buying it was the lack of customization for each season. In Sims 3 I tend to make seasons varying lengths, depending upon the game I'm playing. Winters shorter or longer, summers shorter or longer, etc. And I would use Tempest to customize temperatures, weather, and holidays. In many games, I make winter really short (7 days, compared to 28 and 14 for other seasons), and I make the other three seasons temperate, and winters COLD, and then make every day in winter the holiday, so everyone gets all winter days off from work. :)

Can't really do that in Sims 4... yet. Someone will probably make some mods that have that effect. And who knows? Maybe EA will actually listen to people and implement something like that as well.

Although I prefer Sims 3 - more gameplay options, and I love being able to CASt - my computer doesn't always love it, and I end up with lots of stutter and lag. The lower poly count in Sims 4 makes it easier on the CPU, and much less laggy. It may look more cartoony, but the smoother gameplay sort of makes up for it. And the gameplay itself is getting more interesting and less boring than the original vanilla was. I have a high end computer, but it's getting older, and unfortunately, computer speeds do begin to slow down after a few years.

And for anyone who might be wondering at all, I had some minor surgery about two weeks ago, and the migraines that were plaguing me have almost entirely gone away. My father has completely recovered from his surgery as well, so we're all doing pretty well here. The holidays were a little stressful because of all the medical problems, but at least that's over with now. :)
    edited January 2019
    @MiaSkywalker - I'm glad your surgery and your dad's both went well and you are doing well.

@Ziristha - I built an apartment complex and wanted to test it out in my game, so I loaded the Ashdown family. I was surprised by the little surprise included. :wink: So far she has planted a garden, he has gained a logic skill, and the little one has learned to walk.
    Post edited by ciane on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top