Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question for the MCCC users

What do you do when your world is becoming so populous? I have my sims random marriages and pregnancies set to 20% and to run one day a week each. It used to be 100% two days a week and sims were getting married and getting knocked up everywhere. I have the setting set where sim couples can have no more than 3 children.

Anyway, even with the 20%, when I go to manage worlds some of the apartments and houses are just filled with sims. I have it set to ZERO houses left unopened so every residential lot is full. I'm starting to think maybe to demolish some of my NON-residential lots and turn them into homes so I have more places for Sims to move to. Unfortunately, MCCC does not move couples out together so I keep getting pop-ups where "so and so is getting sick of living with the in-laws." I have to go into manage households myself to move out the couple and somehow make room for them in the world (which usually means displacing an elder who may be living alone)

I am curious what your settings are on marriages and pregnancies?
What do you do when your world is becoming too full? Do you just let MCCC do it's thing or do you intervene?

Comments

• sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    I keep a few, say 20-25, open houses by default and I edit (delete) uninteresting townies as needed. I like to keep 250 as a population limit. So set the population limit in MCCC when I get close to that.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I turn pregnancy and marriage percentages down, when my population gets high. 20% is too high for my game. I keep my percentage around 4%
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    Mine is right about default, and it's been fine so far. Eventually, though there aren't going to be any townie houses in my worlds though lol.
  • ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    my town is swelling as well, its hard to keep populations down. every now and then i go around and just delete the families i dont like. i recently emptied just about every house except the apartments, and now every house is full again. if there is a setting to settle the mod down a little i havent found it lol
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    With aging on and MCCC set to allowing a maximum of 3 children per household (active households aren't affected by that limit), it stays relatively balanced for me. All the houses end up occupied, but the population doesn't explode because people tend to die off at about the same rate as children are coming in. With a maximum of "3" set for children, the average seems to come out to around 2 kids per couple which is balanced. At generation 5 of my game, the total population isn't much higher in my game than it was at generation 1.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • ripentogetherripentogether Posts: 87 Member
    Yeah, I've recently changed my settings down from 20% to 15% and that works better for me. And even tho it's not strictly MCCC, I took way too long to change the game setting to not auto-fill houses and that made a big difference, since then it's not random townie households filling up.

• floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    This thread reminded me that I need to adjust my pregnancy and marriage settings, so they happen less often.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member