Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create-a-Career : Looking for beta-testers

Comments

• SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited January 2019
    how do you copy paste the py thingy? Do you have to like save it somehow or...???! I have never used those types of windows.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    @Neia As the Emotions are not involved in the pre-get famous careers, can i/ do i have to remove them for my wustom careers within the create-a-career tool to work properly?
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • k12345adenk12345aden Posts: 6 New Member
    Is someone willing to post a step by step for the Python bit? It's not making any sense to me.
  • SimmillerSimmiller Posts: 36 Member
    @k12345aden Beginning with step 13 on my tutorial, you will see detailed instructions with pictures for the Python portion. I can't yet post links here, so if you go to ModTheSims and search my user name Simmiller, there is a link to the tutorial. Or you can just search for the Create-a-Career tutorial on Google and it should pop right up :)
  • IzaralliaIzarallia Posts: 13 New Member
    > @k12345aden said:
    > Is someone willing to post a step by step for the Python bit? It's not making any sense to me.

Copy/Paste your .py file in the main Python folder (Mine is "D://Python")
    *I right click the file, select "rename" then ctrl+a ctrl+c to make the next step easier*

Type CMD in your search bar

Type the location of your python.exe file. (Mine is "D://Python/Python.exe"

Type "import yourfile.py" (if you copied the whole name from the folder you can just type import, a space, and the ctrl+v)

Go back to your main Python folder and cut your .py file

Paste the .py file in the _pyache_ folder
    *There should be two files in this folder now*

One of the files should have a second extention that says .cypthon-37 or 33, or whatever version you are running. Remove that .cypthon-37 from the extention so it is your filename.pyc

Select both the .py and .pyc file and use a zip program to put them into an archive (I use 7-zip)

Rename the archive so that the extenstion is ".ts4script"

You should now have one file that says "yourfile.ts4script" that is the one you put in your mods folder along with your package from s4pe
    @Neia I'm having an issue with my careers. I can no longer see the skill requirements for leveing up. I updated all of my careers today, but none of them are showing the requirements.
    > @Izarallia said:
    > @Neia I'm having an issue with my careers. I can no longer see the skill requirements for leveing up. I updated all of my careers today, but none of them are showing the requirements.

Oops, turns out I just needed to update the commons file! I'm good now :)
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    k12345aden wrote: »
    Is someone willing to post a step by step for the Python bit? It's not making any sense to me.
    I know the explanation on Neia's site is beyond confusing. I found this one: https://midnitetech.tumblr.com/post/173277268322/ℹ-neias-create-a-career-tutorial-by-midnitetechℹ I haven't read it fully myself yet but looks to be more specific. @k12345aden
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • nickywillnickywill Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi just wondering if you can help I made a career I want for after school activity but i cant get it to work for child or teen thanks
  • FARRR1984FARRR1984 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi, I am having a problem at the moment with custom careers as there is no option to take a vacation day. This function is working fine for the non custom careers. I am having this problem both for careers I have created and also other custom careers I have downloaded. Does anyone know how to fix this please? Many thanks :-)
  • helen912helen912 Posts: 166 Member
    After last Patch, is there an updating of our careers of neccessariness? :smile:
    @FARRR1984 The only time I've seen this is when the .ts4script file for the custom career was created incorrectly, or missing altogether. I recommend you go through the steps for making that file again and see if that helps. :)
  • KPC0528KPC0528 Posts: 9 New Member
    Okay, I've done this several times, but for some reason now my package files are not wanting to transfer into s4pe. Anyone have this problem?
    @KPC0528 I haven't checked with my own files lately, but I find this process only works when I do this: Open s4pe, click File/New > Resource/Import From File > Select all necessary files (not the folder). If I do it any other way, I have trouble.
  • LindaD2015LindaD2015 Posts: 141 Member
    I don't know if you are even developing but things I would like to see in the Create a Career program: The ability to link career tracks to a specific level in the main career track. To be able to move a level or levels from one career track to another. Bonuses though perhaps that can be done through tool tips and I'm just too ignorant to know how and the ability to have daily tasks to perform such as read books, play chess or the like. Thanks for a great tool! I really appreciate it.
  • PixaraTVPixaraTV Posts: 5 New Member
    Hello Neia!
    I found a bug in your DATA-files (Create a Career). They are corrupt and therefore they don't work ingame. Do you think you can fix that?
    Hello, me again. Honestly now: After Patch 21.02.2019, any updating to be done???
  • DreamraiderDreamraider Posts: 2 New Member
    Just logged in for the first time tonight and happen to see the create-a-career tool, that sounds totally awesome. How difficult is it to use at this time?
    edited February 2019
    @Dreamraider I fpound it quite easy to use. The thing with python sounded a bit complicated; but if you try again and again, it becomes sort of usage. The result is stunning!
    You should all in all follow the tutorial of simmiller. :smile:
  • darkovikadarkovika Posts: 17 Member
    I would love to help, if you're still looking for testers/helpers. I just followed Simmiller's tutorial, it was very fluid and easy. I have a working, good as good career in the Sims 4 now with all the right stuff! Accidentally made the careers make a bit too much money but cest la vie on that, I'll fix it later LOL.

Out of curiosity, I'm wondering if there's plans to add a way for events to happen, the little text-based adventure-style popups that happen randomly. Or if anyone's managed to figure out how to do that on top of this, as well as potentially uniforms. I tried skimming this, but the thread's up to 28 pages, so hopefully I didn't miss a really recent ask/response on this. Uniforms aren't as important to me, I'm more interested in fleshing out events in the career path.

Very excellent and amazing work, I'm super excited about this, super straight forward and easy to use. ^_^

u1j8r43m22dd.png
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    edited February 2019
    darkovika wrote: »
    I would love to help, if you're still looking for testers/helpers. I just followed Simmiller's tutorial, it was very fluid and easy. I have a working, good as good career in the Sims 4 now with all the right stuff! Accidentally made the careers make a bit too much money but cest la vie on that, I'll fix it later LOL.

Out of curiosity, I'm wondering if there's plans to add a way for events to happen, the little text-based adventure-style popups that happen randomly. Or if anyone's managed to figure out how to do that on top of this, as well as potentially uniforms. I tried skimming this, but the thread's up to 28 pages, so hopefully I didn't miss a really recent ask/response on this. Uniforms aren't as important to me, I'm more interested in fleshing out events in the career path.

Very excellent and amazing work, I'm super excited about this, super straight forward and easy to use. ^_^

I just wanted to let you know that if you need an easy way to search long threads like this, there are tiny magnifying glasses at the top and bottom of the page right after the page numbers, these will allow you to search just the thread you are looking at for keywords like "uniform"
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I'd love to test, except for the fact that I have almost zero computer knowledge. Oh well.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• LightningAriaLightningAria Posts: 3 New Member
    When I want to fill in the 'Text' that you ask me to, it keeps says 'there's a problem with the site'...I wonder why~ :(
  • cullencrazycullencrazy Posts: 100 Member
    its not letting me log in, i've been away for about a month or two now. can you help/
  • LightningAriaLightningAria Posts: 3 New Member
    Hey! I just wanna letting you know i've just successfully create my Modeling career mod! @Neia thank you for the guidance. But i feel like something missing, traits i guess?? if i do own traits for the modeling career, will it appear on sim's conversation?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top