Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Silver Screen Sims Legacy Challenge - 80's Movies

Howdy everybody!

When Get Famous came out, I wanted to play a legacy challenge that incorporated some of the new things that came with the pack. I didn't see any right away so I decided it was time to create my own.

Spending some time considering a direction, it felt like Get Famous naturally followed to a cinema themed legacy. Hence, the Silver Screen Sims Legacy Challenge.

Actually, I developed two different versions of this challenge. This one that is inspired by 80's Movies and another which uses Classic/Golden Ages of Hollywood movies. I put that in its own thread located HERE

I worked hard to make sure there is very little overlap of career, aspirations or other tasks between the two. So, you could easily decide to play just one, play both or even have this be one big massive 20 generation legacy if you wanted and not have much repeat itself.

The challenges use something from every pack from the Base Game on up to Get Famous. You could probably play around a couple things if you don't have a pack but it is going to be difficult if you have large gaps in the collection.

**Edit 1/8/ 2019 ** It was requested that I add an alternative Generation 1 starting path for those that don't have vampires in their game. I think that is a fair request. Aliens felt like a fair trade off. I know that not everybody will have those too but since you have to have a good number of packs to take full advantage of this challenge, there is a good chance most people participating will have either Aliens or Vampires, if not both. So, just select which Generation One you want to use. If you go with Aliens, just note that it requires starting with TWO characters. Thank you to @SoulGal7 for helping me brainstorm!

====

Silver Screen Sims Legacy Challenge - 80's Movies

Each generation of this legacy is inspired by a popular and/or cult 80's film.

Basic Rules:

Start with a Young Adult Sim. Either one you created especially for this or one you previously made. They should be, for reasons that will play out in the challenge, human. Gender and any other appearance elements don't matter.

Don't cheat unless you are told to in the rules. What's the point of that? There is no point scoring here, just the reward of the fun telling the story of your Silver Screen Sims Legacy.

Using creative content is up to you as long as it isn't a cheat or it replaces an object required to complete a generation. I don't use any but that's just a personal choice.

Unless otherwise stated in the rules for a generation, you can live anywhere you want.

Similarly, color outside the lines all you want as long as you hit the action rules for each generation.

Let's get started......

Generation One (Vampire Version): Lost Boys

Where is this? It was daylight a minute ago, right? Now its dark, gloomy and that guy over there just licked his lips when you looked at him. Boy, you must have taken a REALLY wrong turn during your walk in the woods. You really should leave but something is compelling you to stay.

Traits: Active, Geek, Cat Lover
Aspiration: Serial Romantic
Career: Culinary - Mixologist

Rules:

1. Move into empty house or lot in Forgotten Hollow.
2. Master Vampire Lore and Pipe Organ skills
3. Complete Culinary (Mixologist) career and Serial Romantic aspiration
4. Make a Vampire BFF
5. Woohoo in all of the following locations: Double bed, closet, observatory, lighthouse, pile of leaves, bush and hot tub. Bonus point for coffin.
6. Fall in love with a vampire and turn them back to human before having a child with them.
7. Move to Del Sol Valley once your love is no longer a vampire & child is born.

Generation One (Alien Version): My Stepmother Is An Alien

Of course you miss Mom. She's been gone a while now though and you've gotten used to it being just you and Dad. Now that he's in his golden years you want to take care of him as well as he has taken care of you all these years. So, when it was time for you to move to a new town, of course you made sure he moved with you. What you didn't expect was once you got there his love life would be out of this world!

Traits: Active, Geek, Cat Lover
Aspiration: Serial Romantic
Career: Culinary - Mixologist

Rules:

1. Move yourself and your senior father into an empty house of lot in Newcrest.
2. Complete Culinary (Mixologist) career and Serial Romantic aspiration
3. Woohoo in all of the following locations: Double bed, closet, observatory, lighthouse, pile of leaves, bush and hot tub. Bonus point for Rocket Ship.
4. Have your father fall in love with and marry an alien. The happy couple can either continue to live with you or move out on their own.
7. After all that dating and good times, finally find your real love and have a child.
10. Move to Del Sol Valley shortly after your first child is born.

Generation Two: Beverly Hills Cop

Suspicion has been the overruling emotion of your life. Relationships? Won’t they just end up hurting you? People on the street? How do you know they didn’t just rob a bank? Your brain is always questioning reality. If you think back, it probably comes from the feeling you could never shake that your parents were hiding something about their past from you….

Traits: Creative, Noncommittal,Squeamish
Aspiration: Nerd Brain
Career: Detective

Rules:

1. Master Comedy skill
2. Complete the Detective career and Nerd Brain aspiration
3. Invite friends over to play poker once a week
4. Only date people you meet via work - either co-workers or people you arrest or meet while investigating crimes
5. Have one child when you are a young adult and another as an adult.

Generation Three: Pretty In Pink

You do everything in style! Art is your love and you think of style as creating art out of your own body. It’s just a shame so many people don’t know how to dress. You’ve feel so sorry for them that you’ve decided to give your gift to the world and become a stylist.

Traits: Art Lover, Neat, Kleptomaniac
Aspiration: Party Animal
Career: Style Influencer - Stylist

Rules:

1. Master Painting and Photography skills
2. Complete Style Influencer (Stylist) career and Party Animal aspiration
3. Always take the Work From Home option
4. Only ever use the sketch pad to create art. The easel is SO yesterday.
5. Use fountain of Mirth at least once.

Generation Four: Baby Boom

What do you want! IT ALL! When do you want it? As soon as feasibly possible! Why do people think you need to choose between having a successful career and a great family life? You don’t and you are going to prove it!

Traits: Family Oriented, Bro, Ambitious
Aspiration: Super Parent
Career: Business - Investor

Rules:

1. Master Charisma and Cooking skills
2. Complete Business (Investor) and Super Parent aspiration
3. Adopt a child on the same day your first blood child (and therefore heir) is born.
4. Live with the partner with whom you’ve had kids but wait until your first child is a young adult to get married.
5. Make popcorn once a week
6. Build a snow pal every winter

Generation Five: Raiders of the Lost Ark

Phew! Finally out from the grip of your helicopter parent’s control. Of course they loved you and you love them right back. This isn’t about being ungrateful. It’s just that you want to get out and explore and they were always too protective let it happen. Now the world is your smoked oyster!

Traits: Loves Outdoors, Goofball, Lazy
Aspiration: Archaeology Scholar
Career: Writer - Author

Rules:

1. Join the scouting after school career
2. Master Selvadoradian Culture and Guitar skill
3. Complete Writer (Author) and Archaeology Scholar aspiration
4. Have one long term relationship in your normal town and one in Selvadorvia. Decide which one to marry on the birthday when you become an adult.
5. Create a holiday that has Bar-B-Que as a tradition.

Generation Six: Tootsie

You are the best actor the world has ever known. It’s just that the world doesn’t know it yet because you can’t pass any auditions. Could it be something about the way you look? What if you changed it. REALLY changed it?

Traits: Snob, Loner,Perfectionist
Aspiration: Master Actress/Actor
Career: Acting

Rules:

1.Join after school drama club
2. Master dancing skill
3. When you become a young adult, change your hairstyle to one originally designated for the opposite gender. At least one item of clothing should also fit that description.
4. Complete Acting career and Master Actress/Actor aspiration.
5. Make at least two wishing well wishes
6. Have a ‘squad’.

Generation Seven: Heathers

Revenge is best carried out when you look FAB! Everybody wants to be just like you. If they don’t they should! They can either follow your lead or pay the consequences. Either way, you'll be wearing a ...um..killer...outfit when it all goes down.

Traits: Evil, Insider, Cheerful
Aspiration: Leader of the Pack
Career: Secret Agent - Villain

Rules:

1. Create a club populated other Sims with mean or evil traits
2. Master Mischief and Fitness skills
3. Complete Secret Agent (Villain) career and Leader of the Pack aspiration
4. Try every bubble machine flavor
5. Never wear jeans
6. Marry somebody with the ‘good’ trait

Generation Eight: Money Pit

You are so embarrassed by your parents. You are SO much better than them. Even if it’s only you and your mirror that believes it. Everything became too much to handle and you had to flee them all and get a place of your own. It might be a dump now but it is YOUR dump. One day, it’ll be the mansion a gem like you deserves.

Traits: Materialistic,Self-Absorbed,Outgoing
Aspiration: Mansion Baron
Career: Painter - Patron of the Arts

Rules:

1. Move into a low-grade home in any neighborhood.
2. Set three trait lots. One must be “Cursed’,the other two are up to you.
3. Master Handiness and Rocket Science skills
4. Complete Painter (Patron of the Arts) and Mansion Baron aspiration
5. Always celebrate birthdays with a honey cake
6. Have a swing set

Generation Nine: War Games

People are okay but computers are better. You just know all that time spent in your bedroom becoming a keyboard commander will pay off one day. Who knows, maybe you’ll even use them to save the world?

Traits: Genius, Good, Unflirty
Aspiration: Computer Whiz
Career: Tech Guru - eSport Gamer

Rules:

1. Master Logic and Piano skills
2. Complete Tech Guru (eSport Gamer) career and Computer Whiz aspiration
3. Play chess at a public chess table at least once a week
4. Win Hackathon at Geekcon
5. Be good friends with Potty Mouth 2.0
6. Marry somebody that you beat in chess

Generation Ten: Desperately Seeking Susan

Fame is everything. You want it. You want to be around it as much as possible. Stalker? Never! No matter what the police say. Devoted fan? You’ll always be that!

Traits: Music Lover, Erratic, Vegetarian
Aspiration: World-Famous Celebrity
Career: Critic - Arts Critic

Rules:

1. Master Singing and Flower Arranging skills
2. Complete Critic (Arts Critic) career and World-Famous Celebrity aspiration
3. Collect at least five proper celebrity (or above) autographs
4. Complete festival t-shirt collection
5. Go on dates with three celebrities
6. Have a kid with a celebrity

Have fun! I can't wait to see what stories plat out. Share as much as possible!

Use #SilverScreenSims in the Gallery and on social media so we can follow each other's progress there too. I plan on streaming a lot of my legacy play on Twitch.

I'm Sims4Sarah everywhere.

Post edited by Sims4Sarah on

Comments

• Sims4SarahSims4Sarah Posts: 133 Member
    Reserved
    Reserved
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    I think instead of Desperately Seeking Susan it should be Flashdance! lol Great looking challenge.
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    I think instead of Desperately Seeking Susan it should be Flashdance! lol Great looking challenge.

I totally considered Flashdance - partly because there is a skating rink now - but thought we lacked a pole to dance on and welding tools...lol
    lol yes, welding tools haha!
    @Sims4Sarah - I was going to try this challenge for the 80s, but don't have the Vampire Pack. Could you be creative and think up an alternate for The Lost Boys, and that way you can put that alternate in your challenge, too, for others to try. I think that is the only generation that has the Vampire Pack, and of course, the first one, too. Thanks and looking forward to this :)
    @Sims4Sarah - I was going to try this challenge for the 80s, but don't have the Vampire Pack. Could you be creative and think up an alternate for The Lost Boys, and that way you can put that alternate in your challenge, too, for others to try. I think that is the only generation that has the Vampire Pack, and of course, the first one, too. Thanks and looking forward to this :)

I can certainly have a try. Give me a day or so to think it through. I want to try to keep as little overlap between the 80’s challenge & the classic film challenge tasks as possible so I just need to take a look.

@Sims4Sarah - Yes, that's fine. Thanks so much. I have everything else, but not the vampire pack, and will not be getting it either. Do any of the 80s movies cover aliens, because aliens would be good. E.T., The Last Starfighter, My Stepmother is an Alien, Star Wars-The Empire Strikes Back -- all cool 80s films.
    @Sims4Sarah - Yes, that's fine. Thanks so much. I have everything else, but not the vampire pack, and will not be getting it either. Do any of the 80s movies cover aliens, because aliens would be good. E.T., The Last Starfighter, My Stepmother is an Alien, Star Wars-The Empire Strikes Back -- all cool 80s films.

Yeah, I was thinking aliens and then trying to remember if they are with the base game in Sims 4 or not. It’s been so long since I didn’t have a ton of packs.

@Sims4Sarah - I think that aliens came with Get to Work pack.
    @Sims4Sarah - I think that aliens came with Get to Work pack.

I think that's still okay. People that decide to do this challenge will likely have one or the other of the packs, if not both. I've updated the challenge to have alternative Generation One paths. One is Vampire and one is Alien. I went with your My Stepmother is an Alien prompt. :)
    edited January 2019
    @Sims4Sarah - Oh so cool! I am going to read it over now. Super excited! Woot! Ok, one more question before I start the 80s challenge. In Newcrest, you move to a vacant lot or empty (unfurnished) house? Is that correct? So basically, a rags to riches where once you place yourself on the lot, you bring the funds down to zero?
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    edited January 2019
    @Sims4Sarah - Oh so cool! I am going to read it over now. Super excited! Woot! Ok, one more question before I start the 80s challenge. In Newcrest, you move to a vacant lot or empty (unfurnished) house? Is that correct? So basically, a rags to riches where once you place yourself on the lot, you bring the funds down to zero?

It doesn't have to be rags to riches. I basically meant don't move in with an existing household with people already in it. :)
    edited January 2019
    Here they are: Keisha Coleman and her Dad, James
    Gen 1 - My Stepmother is an Alien

Read the first chapter on my blog. Back to the 80's: Gen 1 Ch 1 - When The Going Gets Tough

keisha-and-james-coleman.png

Keisha has moved to Newcrest to her new home and has brought her Dad with her to take care of him. Both she and her Dad invested all their simoleons in a beautiful starter house that was being built for them. But, when they got there, the lot was empty. Oh sure, she owns the land, but where is that house she saw in the brochure? There is no house. There is nothing. And they have no simoleons! They have been swindled. Now she and her Dad have to somehow get some simoleons together to try to get another contractor to build them a house. But for now, they are homeless *sob*.

It didn't say what traits to give the Dad, so I gave him Family-Oriented, Music Lover and Dance Machine. His Aspiration is Musical Genius. He is retired and has no job. Their funds are at zero.
    I love Keisha and James. :)
    Here they are: Keisha Coleman and her Dad, James
    Gen 1 - My Stepmother is an Alien

keisha-and-james-coleman.png

Keisha has moved to Newcrest to her new home and has brought her Dad with her to take care of him. Both she and her Dad invested all their simoleons in a beautiful starter house that was being built for them. But, when they got there, the lot was empty. Oh sure, she owns the land, but where is that house she saw in the brochure? There is no house. There is nothing. And they have no simoleons! They have been swindled. Now she and her Dad have to somehow get some simoleons together to try to get another contractor to build them a house. But for now, they are homeless *sob*.

It didn't say what traits to give the Dad, so I gave him Family-Oriented, Music Lover and Dance Machine. His Aspiration is Musical Genius. He is retired and has no job. Their funds are at zero.

edited January 2019
    @Sims4Sarah
    James was not one to give up and told Keisha that everything would be alright. In the meantime, Keisha scanned the job board and all she could find was a job as a bartender. Well, it was a start.

In the meantime, James would scout around the area and see if he could find things to sell. Plus, there was a pond right across the street. He used to be pretty good at fishing.

daughter-we-got-dinner-and-breakfast-and-lunch.png
    James to Keisha: "Look daughter! Sushi! Breakfast, lunch, and dinner!"

i-need-simoleons.png
    Meanwhile, the smell of food had drawn Keisha to a little park and Keisha met some new sims. In fact, one of the sims was a celebrity. And it seems that James has caught her eye.

selfie-time.png
    Brytani Cho seems to think he's a hottie.

whats-your-name-cutie.png
    Not only did he and Brytani (oh, they're on a first name basis already) take a selfie together, but during the day, James got several autographs from her. They were worth a paltry $50 simoleons to start, but then he got them appraised and they went to $300 simoleons a piece. James thought he might hold onto them for another day to see if their value increased.

hes-got-a-lovely-street-sale-going-on.png
    Of course, he did collect some rocks, found a few fossils, and some rad posters that he carefully peeled off some utility boxes. He even found a table in San Myshuno where he could sell some of his fish. But sadly, when the vendors closed their stalls, they packed up his selling table and his fish, too. Last time he did that!

1st-day-no-wife-for-dad.png
    The good news was that he wandered into the Casbah Gallery and found some comfy benches, which is where he and Keisha spent their first night.
    James is a hustler in more ways than one!
    Ok, well, Keisha and James are on their way. Here is their first week. Keisha works M-F 9-5, so mainly James is our featured sim.

Back to the 80s - Gen 1 - Ch 2 - Week 1 - "She Works Hard for The Money"

All of my chapter titles are songs from the 80s.

oh-kiss-rejected.png

James has been quite busy during the week and was invited on a date with celebrity Brytani Cho. Here he tries for a little kissie-poo with bad results.
    edited January 2019
    @Sims4Sarah
    A new chapter. We follow the adventures of Keisha and her Dad, James, as they head into their first weekend. Finally, Keisha is not working and we'll see what she's up to. This chapter contains Friday (continuing) and Saturday.

Back to the 80s: Gen 1 - Ch 3 - Week 1 - "Let's Groove"

a-litle-trio-going-on-here.png
    Loving following your story!

I'm so far behind on my own. My mom is coming to stay with us for a couple months and I'm having to get the house ready for her. Playing with a virtual house is SO Much more fun than doing it to my real one.
    @Sims4Sarah - lol so true, but have a great visit with your Mom. That time together will be worth it. Sims will still be here :) I'm just sort of obsessed with this story right now myself, that's why I'm playing it so much! hehehe
    @SoulGal7 I'm obsessed with reading about it! I tweeted out your story yesterday...I didn't see a Twitter account for you. Let me know if you have one so I can tag you.
    @Sims4Sarah - sorry, I used to have a Twitter account but never really used it, so, no, I don't have one.
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    Ooh... I was re-reading the rules for the Classic/Golden Age version of this challenge because I was going to start it soon. Now I'm torn. This one seems like fun too!! I'll have to figure out which one I want to do so I can finally just start!
  • sims_4_famchallengessims_4_famchallenges Posts: 11 New Member
    @storyy I am having the same problem... I’m going to start the classic first I think and then come over here! Good luck on your decision!!!