Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Farming Expansion concrete ideas & thoughts

FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
edited January 2019 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Farming

new harvestables:
cornstalk, turnip, oranges, peaches, plums, LETTUCE, wheat, eggplant, horseradish, mandrake, cucumber, parsnip

farm animals: cows, chickens, sheep, llamas
cows produce milk -> turn into butter with butter churn
sheep & llamas produce whool -> turn into jarn with spinning wheel, use jarn to sew clothes

farmer's market: sell your produce, buy products like: eggs, milk, butter, harvestables, canned food
similar to the market in Selvadorada

nectar making: produce nectar from the fruits you've grown at your farm - put nectar bottle into rack to make it age - the older, the more valuable it gets

canning: preserve harvestables so that they don't spoil. Canned pickles, strawberry jam and pickled eggs.

new lot trait: Off The Grid
you don't have to pay bills, but you don't receive water or power. need to use alternative sources like water pump and generator or solar panels.

new traits: eco-friendly, technophobe

EP name suggestions: "Off The Land", "Farming"

_____
a256aFi.gif
Post edited by FreezerBunnyCowplant on

Comments

• Options
    Captain_CCaptain_C Posts: 180 Member
    It could be an extension of handiness and gardening skills, and you could work from home- if your home have crops and silos and all that. Could be animals you can care for too, and sell what they produce with a certain amount of quality. And if they have Pets, it could cross-over with sheepdogs. A good chance to add horses too, for training for races or just rounding up cattle. Benefits would mean producing resources for your own businesses, and earning money without leaving your home, but it's a lot of work. A lot of micro, but I would.

I like the sound of that! It's the little things that matter, in detail is where the value lays.

Thoughts?
    Until next time!

Take care all!

- C

giphy.gif
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    Don't forget about the little piglets and pumpkins patch to make pumpkin pie pumpkin latte ,pumpkin spice ,pumpkin soup 😉 and corn fields.
  • Options
    Captain_CCaptain_C Posts: 180 Member
    beville wrote: »
    Don't forget about the little piglets and pumpkins patch to make pumpkin pie pumpkin latte ,pumpkin spice ,pumpkin soup 😉 and corn fields.

Aw of course! I would love learning a whole new part of cooing recipes for organic type foods. That would be an ever better idea beville! Brilliant! :o
    Until next time!

Take care all!

- C

giphy.gif
  • Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    Vegans and vegetarians could get a buff from growing their own food.
    Homeschooling could be an option for kids who work on the farm.
    You could have community farms, even in the city.
    You could have a functioning farm that provides food, income, and a place to live. It'd need to be a multi-functioning lot.
    You could hire 2 classes of farm hands. Live-ins who live in separate housing, like butlers. And ones who come and leave at set times.
    Your kids could work there part-time or as free labor.
    You could provide tours for school kids, scouts, gardening clubs, etc.
    You could have farm animals as pets.

YOU COULD SET UP FARM TO TABLE for Your OWN RESTAURANT.
    Sell to the restaurants and foodstalls, schools etc. Become the biggest producer in your town, the only one certain businesses buy from.
    It could become more than an agricultural state and become a monopoly.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush: