Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone else create short, heavily-edited let's play videos? I want to follow similar channels.

NovaBelladonnaNovaBelladonna Posts: 58 Member
Hi everyone!

I want to follow more small YouTubers, but many have videos >20 minutes long and keep in parts where the sim is just going to the toilet, rather than adding to the story line. One of my videos is about 8 minutes long and it probably has more stuff happen in it than a half hour of someone else's let's play. Although that may mean it's harder to follow and makes little sense... I'm not sure.

I'd like to follow or collab with small channels similar to mine and also learn more video editing tips and tricks.

I don't have an issue with anyone who creates longer let's plays, some are amazing, but I already follow a few like that and have my faves to watch. I don't have time to watch loads of 25 minute let's plays.

Please feel free to share your videos here if they are less than 10 minutes long and you want more subscribers or want to collab. Especially if they are funny! I love laughing!

Thanks!
For a let's play about a vampire who wants to take over the world, check out my YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmFyY60q4J0PJNKCePjVG8g

Comments

• Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    I will happily sit down with some food or something before bed or getting up on a day off/weekend and watch an hour of someone playing a LP or a stream they did.. It's like my own "tv time" but sims and people I enjoy watching and do the fun stupid stuff I might not
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    I will happily sit down with some food or something before bed or getting up on a day off/weekend and watch an hour of someone playing a LP or a stream they did.. It's like my own "tv time" but sims and people I enjoy watching and do the fun stupid stuff I might not

I can do that, but the longer LPs I watch are usually by bigger YouTubers. I want to watch more small channels at the moment and I don't really have time to watch an hour LP, if I have hours to spare, I'd play myself. The only time I really watch longer gameplay is if I don't have the game myself.
    For a let's play about a vampire who wants to take over the world, check out my YouTube channel!
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member

I can do that, but the longer LPs I watch are usually by bigger YouTubers. I want to watch more small channels at the moment and I don't really have time to watch an hour LP, if I have hours to spare, I'd play myself. The only time I really watch longer gameplay is if I don't have the game myself.

I get that, I tend to watch sims as I'm playing sims too - come up with ideas I wanna do or if its based on packs I don't have like a rags to riches: GF edition for example (I enjoy it because I don't have GF yet)
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    SimGasmsSimGasms Posts: 115 Member
    are you talking about short edited gampeplay clips kind of like CallMeKevin (he's a big YT now) but I've been watching his stuff since his older channel when he was playing 30 min Lps with no edits, to what he has now.. he mainly highlights the funny or crazy parts?

Or do you want edited to the point you don't have much waiting about, but you still get the longer gameplay?
  • Options
    SimGasms wrote: »
    are you talking about short edited gampeplay clips kind of like CallMeKevin (he's a big YT now) but I've been watching his stuff since his older channel when he was playing 30 min Lps with no edits, to what he has now.. he mainly highlights the funny or crazy parts?

Or do you want edited to the point you don't have much waiting about, but you still get the longer gameplay?

I *love* CallMeKevin! Something like that, but I wanna watch some smaller folks who are doing something similar (but obviously are unique, not just copying him), but obviously they're hard to find bc YouTube's algorithm.

Ideally, eventually, I wanna find some even smaller, tiny folks that would be willing to collab with someone who only has 18 subs (ie. me) and is still learning - obviously this is a big ask, I'm not sure why my subs are still so low, maybe I'm just awful at videos...

I don't really want longer gameplay right now, but I'd consider it in the future if I had more time so if you know someone with decent 20-30 min gameplay feel free to recommend. I wouldn't watch someone who doesn't bother editing out silent loading screens or bits where they rambled off topic though.