Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you remove the censor blur in your game?

Via mods? I'm not all that interested in seeing my sims naked, but it's starting to get on my nerves that their arms, necks and sometimes even faces get blurred when they're having a shower or bath. It's annoying. So you use censor removers?

Comments

• WolfieWolfie Posts: 2,557 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Via mods? I'm not all that interested in seeing my sims naked, but it's starting to get on my nerves that their arms, necks and sometimes even faces get blurred when they're having a shower or bath. It's annoying. So you use censor removers?

Just look it up. It's called no mosaic something or other. :roll: I have it installed, and it does help for that issue and all. But I think you can get banned discussing it, so yeah... xP
  • Dar4088Dar4088 Posts: 52 Member
    edited July 2010
    I never remove mine. It gets annoying, but I removed the blur in TS2 and it scared the crap out of me.
  • CouriervaughanCouriervaughan Posts: 20,570 Member
    edited July 2010
    Sorry that we can't talk about this subject in this forum
  • WolfieWolfie Posts: 2,557 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Dar4088 wrote:
    I never remove mine. It gets annoying, but I removed the blur in TS2 and it scared the crap out of me.

I know, right? In Sims 2 I was scarred for life when the Nanny took a shower and I had that installed... :lol: xD
  • hippiedippie927hippiedippie927 Posts: 5,053 Member
    edited July 2010
    The game looks better without it! So, yea, I remove it! :P
  • dolll_facedolll_face Posts: 216 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I never got why people would have the desire to see their sims naked... Meh it doesnt bother me :)
  • LittleVLittleV Posts: 8,565 Member
    edited July 2010
    Better not to ask about it on the forums, seeing that it is against the rules to ask about adult mods.
  • Jamesmc93Jamesmc93 Posts: 1,815 New Member
    edited July 2010
    dolll_face wrote:
    I never got why people would have the desire to see their sims naked... Meh it doesnt bother me :)

She doesn't want to see her Sim naked; she said this.

I believe her question is if she can tune it down to look nicer. I don't see any reason for not being able to discuss this on the forums v.v
    edited July 2010
    Jamesmc93 wrote:
    dolll_face wrote:

She doesn't want to see her Sim naked; she said this.

I believe her question is if she can tune it down to look nicer. I don't see any reason for not being able to discuss this on the forums v.v

The topic is called "Do you remove the censor blur in your game?" :)
  • hippiedippie927hippiedippie927 Posts: 5,053 Member
    edited July 2010
    dolll_face wrote:

For me, it's not about seeing my sims naked....it gives the game a
    better appearance without those pixelated boxes! :P
  • 123Sims34life123Sims34life Posts: 591
    edited July 2010

i have the mod no mosaic and download for the same reason.
  • starling68starling68 Posts: 3,352 Member
    edited July 2010
    I don't want to remove the censor blur in my game, but my game does it on it's own sometimes (one of those glitches :roll: )
  • ZenyramZenyram Posts: 341
    edited July 2010
    It blurs them when they are sitting on the toilet and they are completely dressed. It also blurs toddlers using their potty chairs. That's just completely silly, so I remove it.

In Sims 2, one of the most adorable things in the game was when the toddler was being potty trained. But if you had the blur, you couldn't see it.

edited July 2010
    Zenyram wrote:
    It blurs them when they are sitting on the toilet and they are completely dressed. It also blurs toddlers using their potty chairs. That's just completely silly, so I remove it.

In Sims 2, one of the most adorable things in the game was when the toddler was being potty trained. But if you had the blur, you couldn't see it.

I think, or atleast, I always figured they blurred when sims were on toilets BECAUSE of the fact that they sit down and do pixel ***** with trousers on..
    It makes that part look more realistic i guess, kinda, maybe :P
  • Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited July 2010
    Yes. The blur annoys me b/c it covers way too much. Like you said, most of the time it covers their faces and arms as well. If the blur was a bit more in line and only covered what needed to be covered and not the entire sim then I'd be ok with it.
  • OliverSuddenOliverSudden Posts: 514 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I started removing the effect with the original Sims and have used a mod to get rid of the pixelation ever since. I find it distracting, though cute, and would rather see Barbie doll sims than blocks covering so much of my screen.

I'd probably leave it alone if all that happened were black bars across the sensitive bits.
  • pjericksimpjericksim Posts: 89 Member
    I hate the mosaic and wish that EA would set that as a game option to toggle off or on. To me it's completely pointless, as the sims have no "naughty bits" to conceal.

This is interesting: In Sims2 using the artist skill a character could paint a portrait of a streaking sim, and the mosaic wouldn't be there, but in Sims4 the mosaic is included in the portrait.
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    This thread isn't the most appropriate topic of conversation and is also about 9 years old. That in mind I am locking it.
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top