Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a mod that unlocks autograph signing for singer career?

Like with the Music career, you can sign autographs.Is there such a mod that would allow this with the singer career?

Comments

• KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    From what I've read, singers can have autograph sessions.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    From what I've read, singers can have autograph sessions.

Not from what I've seen.I'e played this career multiple times and never was able to have autograph sessions.
    Its only with the music career(completely different career that came with base game or late night and is a rabbit hole career)
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I may have this all wrong, but the sessions associated with the music career I believe are formal career opportunities -- much like where the political career has fundraisers and the medical career has the public health screenings. But any sim can be asked for autographs less formally if their celebrity status is high enough. I found the latter so annoying that I have a mod to actually prevent that from happening as it tends to ruin parties and other social situations with all the fawning and fending off of autograph seekers constantly required.

I don't think we can just add a formal opportunity to a career, it would take a modded version of the entire career to provide for those. This might be a good question for MissyHissy, a very accomplished TS3 career mod developer. She is active again both on her own site and at NRaas.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    igazor wrote: »
    I may have this all wrong, but the sessions associated with the music career I believe are formal career opportunities -- much like where the political career has fundraisers and the medical career has the public health screenings. But any sim can be asked for autographs less formally if their celebrity status is high enough. I found the latter so annoying that I have a mod to actually prevent that from happening as it tends to ruin parties and other social situations with all the fawning and fending off of autograph seekers constantly required.

I don't think we can just add a formal opportunity to a career, it would take a modded version of the entire career to provide for those. This might be a good question for MissyHissy, a very accomplished TS3 career mod developer. She is active again both on her own site and at NRaas.

Thanks for mentioning MissyHissy, I just took a peek at her website and saw lots of interesting stuff on there! Bookmarking her website for later downloads.I know the celebs can sign them, but I haven't really played with Celebs much as I don't play in Bridgeport often, so I'm not sure how to go about gaining status when my worlds don't seem to spawn celebrities.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    The autograph sessions associated with the sports and music careers are not career opportunities. The player can schedule them by clicking on any community lot that will allow for autograph sessions, which I think includes all of them, but I'm not totally sure of that as it's been a long time since I've done any.
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    The autograph sessions associated with the sports and music careers are not career opportunities. The player can schedule them by clicking on any community lot that will allow for autograph sessions, which I think includes all of them, but I'm not totally sure of that as it's been a long time since I've done any.

Doesn't work with the singer career, I can only schedule them with music career, I never ever played the sports career,so I don't know about that one.
    @Springfairy556 Right. I was actually replying to @Igazor, who said he thought the autograph sessions were career opportunities.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Well, I did start out by saying that I might have this all wrong. :/

I do notice though from her website that MissyHissy has added autograph signing to some of her newly updated custom careers in some capacity or another if it's not a formal opportunity then. She might better be able to tell you if you are missing something that should be there or if it can modded in if it's not meant to be for the Showtime careers.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    igazor wrote: »
    Well, I did start out by saying that I might have this all wrong. :/

I do notice though from her website that MissyHissy has added autograph signing to some of her newly updated custom careers in some capacity or another if it's not a formal opportunity then. She might better be able to tell you if you are missing something that should be there or if it can modded in if it's not meant to be for the Showtime careers.

Awesome, I'll look around some more on her website.I know it states right now she's not doing requests or anything, so I don't know if I should bother her or not lol.
    @Springfairy556 Right. I was actually replying to @Igazor, who said he thought the autograph sessions were career opportunities.

Oh okay.That's what I get for sticking my nose in.I'm sorry.XD
  • KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    Apparently, if you have enough celebrity points you can sign autographs no matter what your career - http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21458.msg392181#msg392181

And you can only sign autographs once a week - https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/67375/autographs

Take with a grain of salt - I haven't played any of the careers to full extent so this information is based on what others have written.
    edited January 2019
    @KatyFernlily
    Thanks.I think that's a little different than what I'm thinking of, as I think with that random people ask you for autographs instead of having an autograph session.

Edit: the Rock star has the ability to have autograph sessions.And I believe Irene, said the sports career as well.
    But that's completely separate from the celeb system(which is broken for me) As a celeb you don't control signing autographs, you'll just be randomly asked for one, I don't think there's a limit on that, there is for the rock star career(which is not part of the singer career)

Oh okay.That's what I get for sticking my nose in.I'm sorry.XD

No, no, no, no, you don't need to apologize. It was fine. I was just clarifying.