Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Small or Large families?

2...Next

Comments

• EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Small
    I prefer small families so it's easier to manage each Sim's needs. If I have more than 2 kids in a family, it gets difficult (even with Free Will on) to meet the Wants/Needs of toddlers. Once they're kids, it's easier.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Small
    Once I have over 3 sims I feel stressed unless it's a chaos story. I mostly play with 1-2 even. I just want to tell their stories, live their lives and rotate switch around. For bigger families I have to set up rules to mostly ignore the others and let them do their thing or I would never have my finger off the pause button.
    egTcBMc.png
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Small
    Small so I can concentrate on each sim.
  • wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    Large
    Three Sims is usually the minimum I'll play with. Sometimes I start with one or two Sims, but I always try to increase their family asap because I'll just get bored otherwise. I'm really obsessed with micro-managing everything but for some reason I'll still get bored if I don't have enough Sims in my household.
  • King4510411King4510411 Posts: 2,056 Member
    Large
    I like playing large families. It keeps it interesting because there is always something happening :)
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Large
    I honestly prefer medium size. 3-5 is my happy place, but I chose large cause I'd rather have 8 sims than 1 sim. 1 sim I get a bit bored when they are doing tasks, with 8 I can always cycle thru my sims to find someone to do something with.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Small
    My current family has 5 members which I feel is pretty small, average. I never go above 4 kids in a Sim family because I can't handle that yet haha
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    Large
    All of my rotation households end up full sooner than later all the time 🤦🏼‍♀️
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    jupkmn wrote: »
    I don't know which one to answer, because I rotate a lot the way I play. Usually when I'm trying something new in the game, like a different career or something like that, I play with small families, usually just one sim lol, but I also like to play with large families because it feels more challenging and it's fun to do parties and stuff with them.

Yeah, depends on the family/Sim. Currently I've got a single Sim who I'm preparing to start an art gallery, then I'm leaving him unplayed so I can have other families patronize his place. This is in my template save. I plan to start a new save with the template as a base, with the goal of unlocking all the career outfits; I'll be starting with a household of four Sims each in a different career and go from there. Eventually there'll be a couple of kids (depending how the couplings shake) and they'll pick up where the older Sims left off, likely hringing in a couple of more Sims and going from there. So in that save I'll be playing anywhere from 4 to 6 Sims in a household. My ultimate goal is to test and see if I can move a member of the household to a new save and see if they keep the unlocks -- if so I'll add them to my template save and have them take over DSV Clothiers so they can sell the best of the locked career outfits -- maybe if I move two members of the household I can have two clothing stores.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    Large
    It depends, but I really like playing large households.
  • BabycakelingsBabycakelings Posts: 100 Member
    Large
    I like to start out small and make them bigger over time, it's a fun challenge to me.
    tumblr_pjpuetVQKC1vjcb7vo1_1280.jpg
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    Large
    I have all size families, but admit I play the larger ones most. Some are 3 generations, some are brothers and sisters, others are just a large 2 parent family. I also enjoy my smaller families, but the larger ones over all are more fun to play most of the time. I love the variety of different sized families.....
  • nightbird223nightbird223 Posts: 10 New Member
    Large
    I love having large families but it’s tough to play is everyone most the time.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    Large
    Apparently, I'm not happy unless I'm juggling things. LOL I do use the MCCC mod and it helps a great deal. I also have full autonomy on, as well. The thing that bothers me is if I follow one Sim to work, the toddlers end up in the red. Some of them so bad that I've had to break my own 'rules' of never using the Make Happy cheat on them. Even if they're sent to DayCare, which should be unnecessary, because a parent is left with them. I've had tots return from DayCare in pretty bad shape, needs-wise.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Usually start off with a small family but there's times where family will get big rather unplanned. Usually one sim who eventually gets married have a kid and sometimes one animal or two. Things get pretty busy when you have more than a few Sims to keep up with. Though with bigger families I like inviting in-laws and other family over for family dinners and a movie night.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • simgravessimgraves Posts: 291 Member
    Large
    I prefer large households. I used to have my sims have 6-10 kids but now, it's reduced to 3-6. I just love looking at the genetic system in the game
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Large
    Large households and unlike the commentors so far I find managing large households with free will on HARDER than with it off. When I play with free will (for challenges), I'm constantly canceling actions, watching my sims like a hawk, planning the house around free will damage control and they will still find ways to slip in some nonsense. I hardly get to play the actual game that way.
  • TenaikaTenaika Posts: 20 Member
    Large
    I prefer large familles, it keeps me busy so I don't have time to be bored. I like to have sims with differents personalities and goals, they all have they own story and it also allows me to play diferent sims without changing family.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    Large
    I prefer large familys
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • awlchickawlchick Posts: 75 Member
    Large
    Depend. I like to have at least 3 sims because any less can get kind of boring. Depends on their skill levels though. If they're brand new, like children i had all grown up, i like to do 2 at a time so i can focus more time on them. Right now i have a married couple (thinking about having a kid) and the male's sister lives with them. still deciding on making her move out to have a kid or wait on the kid.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    Small
    My current family is 5 sims and a dog but not all of them live in the main household all the time. I'll move the kids and dog in with the grandparents if I want to focus on the parents. I might move the teen back in for a while and concentrate on her. Sometimes I'll move the dad, kids, and dog out and concentrate on the mom.