Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Small or Large families?

The lingering question- small or large families?

Small or Large families? 126 votes

Large
46%
auroraael14GalacticGalKing4510411RainbowSimQueenMeteoraStormStrangerthanUmbralFlowerfriendlysimmersVuloriKatiardguezChelleJoorkhid22taydevduhboy2u2spice3papertongueSeptJanOctcaitybee73Thenyoukissmewormstache999 58 votes
Small
53%
GoldmoldarLilZairaGraceEdoubleGoodiesLaBlue0314storyyAlexaiAngel_mixPlayerSinger2010Isb917asimbsimelanorbretonsimgirl1010LadyDecafBagoas77ElokaloubyloulousekojranaShanissPlyrTheGreatGorlonKiaraSims4Mods 68 votes

Comments

• AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Large
    I prefer playing larger households since it's what I'm used to. I like having lots of different sims in the house so I don't get bored of playing the same sims all the time and have different experiences happening with each one. (I hope my explanation made sense)
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    Small
    I prefer small only because I just cant manage large households- I find them far too stressful! Autonomy off feels stressful because there are too manage sims to micro manage all the time, and autonomy on just means my sims are all doing weird and unhelpful things that I have to keep cancelling (eg I'm close to actually starving to death and there's a freshly prepared meal in the kitchen, but yes, let's forget about impending death and go and play on the pc... :s )
    Any more than 4 sims and my brain starts to fry! I always used to play big households in previous sims games and really enjoyed it though.
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Large
    I prefer large families, even though it can be stressful. I have a large family in real life (and that can be stressful too :D ).
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Large
    I prefer large families, although I noticed the game lags to an unplayable state when I play with 6+ sims in a household.
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited January 2019
    Small
    I prefer smaller households, so that I can actually focus on the lives of each sim. I find that if I have too many, I don't have time to have them do anything.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • LadyLana1LadyLana1 Posts: 308 Member
    Large
    Definitely large families. One can never have enough family members!
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Small
    No more than two sims per gaming household is my preference. More than that and the game becomes more like one of those ethological overcrowding utopian rat colony experiments from the 1960s... I start getting behavioral sink, losing empathy toward them, and I start figuring out unusual ways to kill off my sims.
  • jupkmnjupkmn Posts: 98 Member
    I don't know which one to answer, because I rotate a lot the way I play. Usually when I'm trying something new in the game, like a different career or something like that, I play with small families, usually just one sim lol, but I also like to play with large families because it feels more challenging and it's fun to do parties and stuff with them.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Small
    I perfer small families as it is easier for me to handle and keep track of thier needs.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I use the settings in MCCC to make woohoo 'risky' so the size of families in my game is all a matter of random chance and outside of my control. I prefer "smaller" families, but end up with households approaching the cap every few generations because of the random thing.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 908 Member
    I play rotationally, so mine varies depending on the wants, needs, characteristics, space, and financial situation for each family. I can have as little as 2 people in a certain family up to 7. I don't think I've ever had 8 except when playing the 100 baby challenge. I'm the youngest of 6 kids in my family, so I generally love playing with a big family though.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Large
    Large. A family of 2 parents and 3+ kids is the usual for me.
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    Small
    Small. Feels more intimate.My sims usually have just ONE child. Maybe 2 at most! And just like in real life, the individual kids can get more of their parents attention, without a whole busload of children to tend to. :smiley:
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    Small
    I tend to play with two adults with two children max... that is a small family to me. Pets are, of course, part of the family but since they can't be controlled I don't really consider them part of the "family size" in terms of controllable characters... does that make sense lol?
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited January 2019
    Small
    I usually play families of 4-5 Sims. Once I start playing more than five, the gameplay becomes too difficult to maintain everyone's needs and skills... and I often end up rushing things just to get stuff out of the way (which makes me feel terrible later on, which results in me wanting to just redo everything).

The only time my household goes over the maximum of 5 is if I have a pet... or one of my Sims' children get married (I usually have their boyfriend/girlfriend move into the house, get them engaged, have a wedding, and sometimes have at least one child before they move out on their own).
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    edited January 2019
    Large
    Haha I evened the vote to 50/50 😅 I like having a lot of Sims and storylines to handle, so larger households are more for fun for me. It can also be fun to focus in-depth on one or two Sims, though.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Large
    Large all the way for me - but I'm also a multi-generational player, often in the same house due to legacy/genetacy style play. Really wish I could break the 8 sim limit without CAS deleting my sims, or playing games with MCCC to avoid that - though my limit through MCCC is 25! I rarely go above 8 in this game though, due to the above issue. S2 I can have as many as 50 sims in a house with no issues - though I've never hit that many lol.
  • orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    Small
    I'm kind of in the middle, but in terms of enjoyment, I prefer small. I get stressed trying to handle big families. But, the thing is, that a lot of the times my families end up with four kids either to my boredom or a case of twins or triplets, and I have to figure out how to deal with it or abandon that family. I really want to start having no more than two kids. I just love pregnancy in this game though!
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Small
    never more than 3 or 4 Sims in one household.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • ShastahShastah Posts: 8 New Member
    Small
    The way I have my families in Sims are just me n my hubby :) Yeah I created us in game. I build houses and stuff on other lots and let families move in but mainly its just 2. As I make sure I have NO kids in game...lol Yes I have kids in real life just like peace n quiet in game lol
  • MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    Large
    5-6 children is my usual family size. I like large busy households.
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    Small
    Small families, because large ones just over extend me. I have one family that accidentally had twins, then their cat gave birth to a kitten. Plus, the dad had recently adopted a dog. So now it's 2 parents, 2 kids, 3 animals, and it's just wayyyyyyyy too much. It's hard to keep the animals fed and happy while also training toddlers and keeping the parents from stressing to death.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I mix it up and do both.
    But usually it's either 1 sim or 8 sims, there is no in between.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Small
    Small is better because my rotation is already huge. I like having 1-3 kids per family but occasionally 4.
  • MakoSimsMakoSims Posts: 284 Member
    Small
    I prefer small families so I can focus on individual sims more. If the house gets too crowded I usually get overwhelmed and lose interest.

I also have a huge love for sim genetics though, and it takes every ounce of power not to have a million babies just so I can see what they'd look like.
    Origin ID: sakura-drops