Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just out of curiosity, what are the ages of all the Simmers out there?

Comments

• divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited January 2019
    20-39 Years of Age
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Well, I have decided that people who think gaming is for kids and not a woman approaching 40 are simply out of the loop - stuck in the past and its old norms. I am the trendy and modern one o:)

I agree with you full-heartedly! There's also nothing wrong with guys who play a game like The Sims! B)
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Well, I have decided that people who think gaming is for kids and not a woman approaching 40 are simply out of the loop - stuck in the past and its old norms. I am the trendy and modern one o:)

I agree with you full-heartedly! There's also nothing wrong with guys who play a game like The Sims! B)

nope! sims is for everyone! i just think its really cool than women who arent really even "gamers" at all, play the sims. This franchise is so unique! :)
  • SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I remember playing TS1 when I was a teenager. Took a break from it missing TS2 and TS3. But back at it with TS4!
  • KomeettaaKomeettaa Posts: 27 Member
    13-19 Years of Age
    I got into the Sims when i saw my brother play sims 2 or 3 (i dont remember) and i would always wanna play and create sims but he got annoyed. But in November last year i started watching Sims 4 streams and videos and i decided to buy it^^ I thought more teens played it but I'm happy the community is so diverse <3
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    13-19 Years of Age
    Komeettaa wrote: »
    I got into the Sims when i saw my brother play sims 2 or 3 (i dont remember) and i would always wanna play and create sims but he got annoyed. But in November last year i started watching Sims 4 streams and videos and i decided to buy it^^ I thought more teens played it but I'm happy the community is so diverse <3
    Welcome to the Sims community and the game! I think there’s lots of teens that play it, but they don’t know about the forums or something. I started playing in December 2017 and didn’t know about the forums until a few months later. I finally joined the forums on my birthday.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
    20-39 Years of Age
    AriaMad2 wrote: »
    Komeettaa wrote: »
    Welcome to the Sims community and the game! I think there’s lots of teens that play it, but they don’t know about the forums or something. I started playing in December 2017 and didn’t know about the forums until a few months later. I finally joined the forums on my birthday.

Yep, I started playing at 12 and only joined the forums at 20 years of age.
    phULnBI.png
  • SimGasmsSimGasms Posts: 115 Member
    almost been with the sims since the beginning.. never played much of the Simcity games though
  • MypilotMypilot Posts: 60 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    Been playing sims for years. Out of all the games I play, I can't say this is #1 in my life, but I do go through stages of obsession every now and then where I can't put it down lol Like now, for example

It's neat seeing a lil clipping of our community here. It's hard to imagine who's behind the screen sometimes, so this is a neat way of seeing just how dynamic simmers are!
  • AvianatorAvianator Posts: 188 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    Looking at the results, it's kinda sad how much this game tries to cater to an underaged only audience.
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    13-19 Years of Age
    Avianator wrote: »
    Looking at the results, it's kinda sad how much this game tries to cater to an underaged only audience.

Perhaps true. But I'm even more saddened by the content of the game.
  • jupkmnjupkmn Posts: 98 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    Now I'm 25, but started in TS1 with only 8~9 years old lol
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    To me the results only show that the majority of forum members are in the older age groups and the demographic they market to, 13-19, teenagers, don't spend much time on the official forum.
    20-39 Years of Age
    To me the results only show that the majority of forum members are in the older age groups and the demographic they market to, 13-19, teenagers, don't spend much time on the official forum.

Yep, I've played The Sims throughout my teenage life and joined the forums at 20. I did occasionally google things like bugs I encountered in TS3 and so on and always found answers on the forums, but I only felt the need to join after I decided to start writing SimLit. Still, there are MANY adults who play, but the problem is that they can't put adult-related things in a game like this, where there are so many underage kids who play. That's what mods are for, lol. I just wish we get more content in general.
    phULnBI.png
  • MypilotMypilot Posts: 60 Member
    20-39 Years of Age

That makes sense to. I hardly touched forums when I was in my teenage years and, heck, I didn't join the sims forums until recently. lol Does make you wonder what the different would be between simmers who use forums and simmers who don't. (Although I'm sure a majority of simmers have at least poked into the forums for help)
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited January 2019
    60+
    I've been playing video games since "Pong" and "Jet Pack" so that dates me. The Sims and SimCity games got me through illness and I've bought everything since. :)
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited January 2019
    Insightful poll.
    I am sure EA is mostly interested in the 13 to 19 range, because they want to them to go on to be 20 to 60+ simmers.
    So if this Site is mostly dominated by older simmers, it's probably not as important as other ways to communicate with younger customers.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    I'm old enough to remember pumping quarters into an Atari Sprint Car video game at the movies. Now I'm old enough to have a Wheel Stand Pro and a Thrustmaster T300RS racing wheel with the upgraded pedals and shifter to play my racing games.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    EA_Lanna: Simmers, we encourage safe posting and ask that you please practice this. Please do not specify your exact age in comments if you are a minor. These comments will be removed per our rules.
    These types of posts always raise a red flag for me. Questions about age, location or any personal information may seem innocent but are not always appropriate.
    I am sure there was no ill intent but please abide by @EA_Lanna comments.

Me: Old enough to know not to share this type of information. :smile:

//end rant// Please resume your normal activities. <3
  • Aeren90Aeren90 Posts: 65 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    28 here! I’ve been playing since the first iteration.
  • Aeren90Aeren90 Posts: 65 Member
    20-39 Years of Age

They have to have that data, I think you put your birthday when creating an Origin account, right? What I’m almost sure is that older players purchase more. More money = more sales.
    60+
    Believe me, age has nothing to do with playing video games or not - except one slows down a bit so is easily killed off! The Sims games are absolutely just right for older Simmers, except a lot of my contemporaries (including my own brother) are a bit frightened of computers, not being introduced to them at an early age.

(My own library was one of the first to trial something called "Oracle" in the 70's when it was mooted that it would cost 1 uk penny per web-page. That was before the WW Web). I think it was too expensive!
    20-39 Years of Age
    EA_Lanna: Simmers, we encourage safe posting and ask that you please practice this. Please do not specify your exact age in comments if you are a minor. These comments will be removed per our rules.
    These types of posts always raise a red flag for me. Questions about age, location or any personal information may seem innocent but are not always appropriate.

I definitely had no bad intentions - in fact, I only wanted people to vote and not specify their exact age. I originally wanted to make this poll an anonymous one and I probably should have.
    phULnBI.png
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    13-19 Years of Age
    I'm 18... Started playing when I was around 6 or 7 years old :'D
    60+

I definitely had no bad intentions - in fact, I only wanted people to vote and not specify their exact age. I originally wanted to make this poll an anonymous one and I probably should have.

On the contrary. It is nice to know that there are many older Simmers. Maybe the lack of those under age contributing is that they are conforming to the rules. :) If they know my age group they can ignore me as an "elder" as they want. No problem.

This Forum is much safer for young people than Facebook, Twitter et al. as you can see in this thread.
    edited January 2019
    20-39 Years of Age
    Simburian wrote: »

On the contrary. It is nice to know that there are many older Simmers. Maybe the lack of those under age contributing is that they are conforming to the rules. :) If they know my age group they can ignore me as an "elder" as they want. No problem.

This Forum is much safer for young people than Facebook, Twitter et al. as you can see in this thread.

Definitely - I've never seen anyone here disrespecting anyone else, save maybe a few comments and none of them was age-related. There was one underage child that revealed his/her age here, which is why the poll got moderated, but it wasn't a major deal. I never see anyone posting anything regarding age, which is why I created the poll. As long as you don't reveal things you know you're not supposed to, like your full name or address, you'll be fine.
    phULnBI.png