Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is The Sims 4 Your Primary Video Game?

Comments

• Options
    mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    Play other video games occasionally
    Flip flopping between TS2, TS3, TS4 and other non the sims games, mostly Splatoon 2, Pokémon 3ds/switch games, go vacation (switch version), Mario odyssey, and stardew valley
    Oh hamburgers!
  • Options
    orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    Only play the Sims 4
    So my answer is kind of a lie, because very rarely I'll play Sims 2. Also, sometimes I'll play games with my boyfriend on the switch, but I'm not really into any of them and I mostly do it for bonding. Plus I'm bad at them.

So 99% of my gaming time is spent on Sims 4, and I love it. I'm a simmer, not a gamer.
  • Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I switch around with the different Sims games (Sims 4, Sims 3, Sims 2 and Sims Medieval) and sometimes I play Civilization V
  • Options
    simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    Only play the Sims 4
    I chose no other games as The Sims 4 is my primary game (maybe 80% of my gameplay) but the other Sims games make an appearance from time to time, mostly The Sims 2. But no other games outside the franchise at the moment.
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Play other video games regularly
    Sims 2 is my main game. Sims 4 is only going to be my main game when we get an personality overhaul and a create a world.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I'll play anything from casual games like Sims 4 and Animal Crossing (my favorite game series), to intense fighters like Super Smash bros, to MMO's like World of warcraft. If i play it I play it lol.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2019
    I play all kinds of games on PC and Playstation....way too many to list. I have over 300 games in my Steam Library alone, and also use GoG and Origin, and have a ton of games on disc for PS2 and PS3.

RPGs, Simulations and Strategy are my preferred genres, but I also have had periods of being very addicted to the occasional multiplayer shooter game and other games outside my normal genres (Resident Evil series, as one example).

Sims games, when you total my hours spent played between all 4 of them, is definitely in the top 3 of most-played games though. Final Fantasy and Disgaea series would be the other 2 in the top 3...and I really have no idea which would be highest. I know I've got hours spent playing in the thousands for all 3 of those if you take an aggregate of hours spent for the whole game series.

Right now, I've been actively playing Dragon Age Inquisition because I never finished it originally. Picked up the DLC bundle for it during the sale over the holidays at the end of last year so finally went back to complete it.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    SimurgSimurg Posts: 361 Member
    The Sims franchise has a special place in my heart but I've been playing Elder Scrolls Online the most for last few years.
    5a46jk.jpg
  • Options
    SarahTheRedSarahTheRed Posts: 388 Member
    I'm hyper into the Sims, primarily because I've been really working on my building skills. But I occasionally will veer off into some Stardew Valley, World of Warcraft and I obsessively play Summoners War on my phone while playing the Sims.
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    edited February 2019
    Mainly my simmies~ But I do play other things like MMO's some visual novels, KH series, app story choice games, pokemons~ etc.
    Post edited by Lyrie on
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Mainly sims 4 but I now play a lot of other games too. I am currently also working my way through let’s go Eevee, lots of super smash brothers, and attempting to finally finish super Mario odyssey. I’m so bad at finishing games 😬. Like I start one and pick a new one up. It’s why sims is great for me lol it’s never ending.
  • Options
    SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    I play Overwatch at the moment a tad more than Sims 4. I switch to Sims if I get too angry in comp and need a cool down before I get toxic. Also I try to post a Sims 4 lets play on Youtube at least twice a week and on weekend afternoons I stream Sims 4, mainly for/ with a friend.
    Also started Battlefield V recently.
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    I grew up on playstation as a child. Played many games. Thats what got me into computer games. And how I started playing sims.

I have played other video games. Most recently , for the first time I ventured into Far Cry. And...didnt enjoy it. I also (even more recently) tried Watch Dogs , which I do like , outside of the hacking missions. I also own Crash Bandicoot remaster . Which I like a lot.

However...even though I own watch dogs and crash bandicoot and may get more ps4 games in the future, the sims is my primary game and always will be. Because the sims is better than other games for the simple fact that it gives the player full control of where the story goes and who they will play as and no other game is like that. Making it more worth my attention!
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    I'm not really addicted to Sims 4 like I was with Sims 1,2,&3 (which I still play) but I still play it more than some other games I have. When the bugs and over-the-top obsessions become to much for me, I occasionally will play:

Skyrim, GTA V, Cities:Skylines, Civ 6, Stardew Valley, Two Point Hospital and the Myst Series which were all updated to work with Windows 7 & 10 and gifted to me.

Yes, I also play The Longest Journey as @Monday mentioned (I still love the older games) but only the original one. I didn't know there was a series of them.
  • Options
    MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    Only play the Sims 4
    I’ve just never been a gamer.
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Skyrim off and on, Neverwinter daily on the ps4 and Sims 4 daily on the pc
  • Options
    EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    I've always played a variety of games. Strategy, shooters, adventures, mysteries, digital board games...you name it. My fist game was a shooter that I still go back to from time to time. Then I discovered tycoon games, and the rest was history.

Star Stable has been my main game for the past 4.5 years now.... their dev team is amazing.

When I'm done with dailies in my main game, I switch to something else. Lately I've been going through a Tropico and Toontown Rewritten phase.
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    The Sims 4 is pretty much the only game I've been playing since it came out, but right now I'm suddenly hooked on Stardew Valley.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited January 2019
    Only play the Sims 4
    What counts as a proper video game? I only play Sims 4 at this moment, if that's the only one that counts but play solitaire games, Bejewelled 3, sometimes as an interval game with Sims 4 reduced to Taskbar.
    I've bought loads of City Skylines packs (about 7) when they were on sale and Two Point Hospital recently but only spent an hour or two with them. I might go back to them later.
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    edited January 2019

No. Not even close to being my primary game of choice.
  • Options
    jupkmnjupkmn Posts: 98 Member
    I play The Sims and any Pokémon game almost every day. And I like to occasionally play things like Mario Kart or some random mobile games.
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    The Sims has been that game I have been looking for for a long time. Even when I got into games such as Harvest Moon and Rune Factory I remember telling my brother that I wanted to play something closer to real life. I'm not sure why it took me so long to discover The Sims franchise because I certainly knew about it growing up.

Perhaps I was distracted by games my brother was playing.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited January 2019
    When did you start playing sims @HopeyStarr
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    No, it's just the only game I can play all the time since I always have my computer with me.
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    When did you start playing sims @HopeyStarr

I started in August of 2015 with the Sims 4. That night I pulled an all-nighter playing :lol:
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-