Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have a question about the fame points

JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
Hi, I don't know how this fame point works in game. It's really hard to get 1.

8.png

The price is appeared to 657 simoleons.

9.png

When my sim sold it for fame and he got 3+ stars.

10.png

But he actually didn't gain any fame points. How many + stars he needs to get for getting 1 fame point?

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited November 2018
    That isn't what Fame Points are. The only way to get fame points is to level up as a celebrity. The new aspiration also awards 1 point. After you reach 5 stars and complete the aspiration, you can't get anymore Fame Points without cheating for them.

What's appearing over his head is just a symbol indicating he did something that would increase his fame, not his fame points.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited November 2018
    @Cupid
    Thank you for the good explanation. Is it available to get a new award while keeping actor career? He got an award from acting only. For examples, from writing a new piano song or making a new video game on computer using programming skill?
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Jeansoo wrote: »
    @Cupid
    Thank you for the good explanation. Is it available to get a new award while keeping actor career? He got an award from acting only. For examples, from writing a new piano song or making a new video game on computer using programming skill?

I actually haven't gone to enough of the ceremonies to test this. So far my actor has only received awards for acting, but there are other awards. I'm not sure what all the categories are, though.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
    Cupid wrote: »
    @Cupid

I actually haven't gone to enough of the ceremonies to test this. So far my actor has only received awards for acting, but there are other awards. I'm not sure what all the categories are, though.

Thank you very much for help. :)
  • steviewasheresteviewashere Posts: 47 Member
    @Cupid
    Two my sims got nominated for awards outside of acting, one for a book he wrote and the other for a video they had uploaded. They didn't win but they were able to attend the event and everything.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    here's my favorite award nomination:
    d668a436523bcd0d4a3e47c72381d87b.png

there are six different types of awards sims can win with get famous, though each one is for a different event. everything at the starlight accolades seems to give... well, a starlight accolade. as stevie mentioned, you can get those for different things, depending on what skills your sim is good at (someone said their sim won an award for writing even though they hadn't written a single book since get famous released)

here's a screenshot showing all the possible awards, and i'll explain each one afterwards:
    47c85d35368189494a90d6e00c6940fc.png

the one on the left is the drama club accolade (kids and teens have access to this one if they're in the drama club. not played with them yet, so not sure if it shows up at the starlight accolades or is mailed to you or what. it has 4 color swatches)
    the one next to it, with two palm trees, is the starlight accolade (it has 3 color swatches)
    the star with a globe inside it is the fan meet and greet accolade, from succeeding at that party type (it has 3 color swatches)
    the one in the center is the annoying airhorn accolade (it says it's for being recognized by peers for being loudest when volume is needed. 4 color swatches)
    the toilet is the flaming toilet trophy, a mischief-based award (i'm guessing for succeeding at the bad reputation party event. 4 color swatches)
    the one on the far right, though it looks like the drama club accolade, is the charitable acts trophy, celebrating kindness shown to others (i'm guessing this is from the good reputation party event. 4 color swatches)
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »

there are six different types of awards sims can win with get famous, though each one is for a different event. everything at the starlight accolades seems to give... well, a starlight accolade. as stevie mentioned, you can get those for different things, depending on what skills your sim is good at (someone said their sim won an award for writing even though they hadn't written a single book since get famous released)

here's a screenshot showing all the possible awards, and i'll explain each one afterwards:

the one on the left is the drama club accolade (kids and teens have access to this one if they're in the drama club. not played with them yet, so not sure if it shows up at the starlight accolades or is mailed to you or what. it has 4 color swatches)
    the one next to it, with two palm trees, is the starlight accolade (it has 3 color swatches)
    the star with a globe inside it is the fan meet and greet accolade, from succeeding at that party type (it has 3 color swatches)
    the one in the center is the annoying airhorn accolade (it says it's for being recognized by peers for being loudest when volume is needed. 4 color swatches)
    the toilet is the flaming toilet trophy, a mischief-based award (i'm guessing for succeeding at the bad reputation party event. 4 color swatches)
    the one on the far right, though it looks like the drama club accolade, is the charitable acts trophy, celebrating kindness shown to others (i'm guessing this is from the good reputation party event. 4 color swatches)

Thanks for explaining these.

wow I saw your posting just now and it's so cool. Looks like my sim got 3 awards then. He held fan meet and greet and charity party social event. He got gold in those 2 parties. But it has never added for the master actor milestone step. Anyway, I need to get the air horn one more. My sim has the pristine reputation and I don't want to ruin it. :) Now I feel like cheating for making more fame points without efforts. I think I've done almost everything I can do.
  • costa09costa09 Posts: 52 Member

Please someone can tell me what do you have to do for get this?

bit late reply here, but sadly, @costa09, i don't think anyone's figured out how to unlock that one yet. i know i haven't, and haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else on the forums... a lot of people probably don't even know it exists since the only way i found it was poking through the hidden objects that came with the expansion pack
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,547 Member
    So, excited. After seeing this thread this morning, I made a point of scheduling a Fan Meet & Greet for my Global Superstar. He got a Gold award for it. And I just checked the family inventory. There it is, that trophy with the globe on it. Does this mean when he attends the Accolade Awards in a few Sim days, that he'll likely be called? Or do I need to just have him go to the microphone to 'accept' his award? Or does he have to have more awards in the inventory before anything happens?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    doesn't need an award of any type in inventory, just to get called up at the starlight accolades and to accept the award at the microphone (some people actually place a second microphone in the builds where their accolades are hosted so they don't have to wait for the host(ess) to finish their bit of speech before their sim can accept)
    Maybe is the horn trophy from protest as a politician? Looks like that cuz sims use megaphone while protesting.