Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some of your favorite custom built Showtime venues?

GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
edited January 2019 in The Sims 3 Builders
For some reason I've always had trouble finding custom showtime venues.
What are some of your favorites? Looking to add a few to my game =)
Preferably ones that aren't festival lots, just cause I don't want all the extra activities on there.
And one that doesn't use KP sweet treats.
Post edited by GraceyManor on

Comments

• 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited January 2019
    I find it challenging to find showtime venues as well. I think it all depends on what aesthetic you're looking for because what might look good in one world won't fit in the next. Let me hop on my computer and see what I might find in my favorites.

This is a great one I found last year. It fits in most with Midnight Hollow. It's especially fun because there's real life movie photos and it still has no cc.

Mother Bates Gambling Parlour

Still fitting with the Midnight Hollow theme, this one captured my attention last year. While it does not have a working stage (but a well created custom made replacement), it's an absolutely beautiful lot that is perfect if you're going for a run down lot. It's spectacular and creative. I have yet to see anything else quite like it on the exchange.

Aged Whirled of Wierd

This next one is a beautiful festival lot. While it doesn't have an active showtime stage, it does have all the props to make it look that way and has interactive objects like karaoke on it, instead. I have not downloaded it, but it has a worthy space in my favorites for later use. There might be enough room to move that stuff out of the way and put the showtime stage there instead. I don't know if that would get rid of the "festival grounds" though.

Meadow Glen Festival Grounds

This one looks like a great one to download. It's been a long time since I've seen it, but I recognize it. Glad I put it in my list. It looks absolutely wonderful with a great custom made bleachers and has all the good stuff including a bar. Sweet! It also looks more versatile so it will fit in most worlds pretty well.

Star Studio & Stadium - No CC

This is a very fun, but large lot created by soocoolsim. It has lots of fun activities to do and has a showtime stage. One thing I did notice upon placing the lot, is that there is a blip with the jungle trek adventure portion, where the elevation looks way off in one area. If you know how to use "constrainfloorelevation" you can fix it like I did.

Universal Adventure Park NO CC

This next one, I admit, is an acquired taste because it uses a lot of Katy Perry stuff. I, however, thought it was so cute and unique it's among my favorites.

CANDYFORNIA PARK

I think this next one would be most fun for ITF.

Crystal Constellations

This is what I could find by skimming through my favorites. I would say that finding showtime lots, preferably with a showtime stage is one of the hardest things I try to search for on the exchange. I did make a couple of my own, however and they're not the greatest, but just in case I've got . . .

This lot was made for a medieval world, particularly for Dragon Valley. It has a few activities on the outside, a showtime stage is located in the tent. There's not much I did in the castle.

Lady Bowmasters Amusements

I made this next one for steampunk sims. It has a ton of stuff to do and has a very large roller coaster. Unfortunately, I think with the rabbit hole building on the lot, it sometimes makes the stage I created inoperable. It's weird because sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. *shrugs*

The Brass Extravaganza!

Edit: I fixed the broken link to Candyfornia Park and Star Studio and Stadium.

Post edited by 60smusicluvr on
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    edited January 2019
    @60smusicluvr
    Hi Hi! Yeah, I noticed that it was difficult to find showtime venues.I'm not sure why.
    I used to have a hard time finding festival lots as well, now those are everywhere.
    I really like the Crystal Constallations! But my game won't me install it as I lack KP stuff pack.
    I have the world Meadow Glenn, and didn't realize someone did a festival lot for it.
    The Star Studio and Stadium link says its been deleted sadly.
    Mother bates is super creepy, would go well in Midnight Hollow, sadly I don't own that world.
    But it might go well in Spooky Town.So I bookmarked it, even though its not a venue.
    I sadly don't know how to use constrainfloorelevation.I'm not a builder :(
    Candyfornia's link is broken as well.

I made one venue a long time ago, but I didn't like how it came out and never used it. :D
    These all make lovely theme parks and wish I had these months ago when I needed theme parks.
    Post edited by GraceyManor on
    edited January 2019
    @Springfairy556, Oopsy! I apologize. I searched for these this morning, so I know all the links still work. I just fixed the broken links for Candyfornia and Star Studio and Stadium. I didn't make sure they worked before posting. :s I think you'll really like Star Stadium, so be sure to check it out.

You can still download anything you want from the exchange. You don't need to have all the content in order to install it. Although, it's highly recommended if they used that content a lot (it doesn't look like Crystal Constellations uses much of Katy Perry at all). The missing items will be replaced by base game stuff, instead. Soocoolsims lot is still playable, but that little bugger was just annoying me. It's certainly not lot breaking if you still want to download it.

This is an old thread. Many of the picture links are broken, now, but most downloads are still on the exchange. If you're looking for Carnival or roller coaster lots, this is the perfect place to go.

It's Karritz ROLLER COASTER, CARNIVAL & AMORE BUILDS - PLEASE POST YOUR PICS thread.
    @60smusicluvr
    I tried downloading the crystal constellations and it said "Error: Requires Missing Expansion pack"
    I don't know why, normally, like you said it replaces items.

Star studio is perfect! Exactly what I had in mind.Plopping that down asap.Thanks for finding the link.
    @Springfairy556, WELP! That's unfortunate! :cry:

No prob! I may have to try that one myself. It looks like it could fit just about anywhere.
  • KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    I love playing the Showtime careers, but only have a few custom lots I use. I guess I mostly just use the default ones. Will definitely be keeping an eye on this thread for more to add to my game! :)

Here are the ones I know of:

Showtime Cafe - Details - Download

Made for GreenCats' rebuild of Barnacle Bay, but I could see this fitting in a bunch of different worlds. I like it because it is simple and elegant.

Sunstone Park - Download

This one was made for Hidden Springs, but again you could probably find a place for it in other worlds. It's a fun multi-purpose lot where you can also buy boats (looks like a small park with boat rentals) and is very family-friendly with group activities and kid's toys.

Hau'oli Luau - Details - Download

And this is one I made! It's pretty thematic, so it fits best in Sunlit Tides or maybe Isla Paradiso.
    edited January 2019
    How cute! Thanks Kaytay, I especially like the Hau'oli Luau, its hard to find tropical stuff.
    I like the idea of buying boats(Honestly didn't know you could do that from the boat holder things.)
  • KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    How cute! Thanks Kaytay, I especially like the Hau'oli Luau, its hard to find tropical stuff.
    I like the idea of buying boats(Honestly didn't know you could do that from the boat holder things.)

Thank you! I often find it difficult to find what I'm looking for in a specific style. I wish there were more threads like this one, for all sorts of community lots!

Thank you! I often find it difficult to find what I'm looking for in a specific style. I wish there were more threads like this one, for all sorts of community lots!

I know me to I have a hard time finding bars as well