The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cemmenting on comments

It would be nice to be able to comment one someone else's comment. It would make discussing certain posts much easier. For example, on the thread where you can share your latest lot build, you could make a post sharing a lot, and then someone can comment directly on that post (instead of having to @ people and waste space making new posts every time they want to comment on a previous post)

Is there a reason this hasn't been implemented before?

Please let me know if I haven't explained myself well

Comments

• puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited January 2019
    It makes perfect sense to me—you want to use threads to respond to specific comments within a longer discussion. I don't know if it's possible to enable the function on these forums, but it would be a convenient way to keep things nice and tidy, not to mention allowing people to easily bypass conversations they're not interested in without skipping the entire topic.

Plus, I can just imagine EA_Mai popping into a particularly busy discussion just to say, "Use threads! Thanks," at least twice a week. As for how much of an effect it would have, well... some people listen better than others.
  • SuddenlyCamelzSuddenlyCamelz Posts: 25 Member
    Exactly! I've seen it done on other forums before but I don't know how difficult it is to put onto a forum.

As for people actually using the function... I don't think it needs to be made a huge deal of, I think people will just start using it over time even if there are no rules forcing you to. I could be wrong tho...