Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

100 Puppy Challenge ! *Updated 2/3*

JmaraaJmaraa Posts: 217 Member
I am attempting the 100 Kitten Puppy Challenge Made by @Ashleigh825

Updates here on Forum / Twitter @jmaraasims / Gameplay Details on Google Doc .

Objective: Have 100 Kittens/Puppies in as little generations as possible without cheats
Getting Started:
  • Make YA sim and one female, unspayed adult cat/dog (Matriarch)
  • Move sim onto lot of your choice (cat/dog hangout lot trait recommended)
  • Once you're all set up, Have your sim befriend a male cat or dog in order to adopt him. He will be the donor for your matriarch. Have your Sim encourage your matriarch and your donor to mate.
  • Once you receive notification that your matriarch is expecting a litter, you must move out the donor. This can be done by using the phone to put him up for adoption or by moving him in with another family via the Household management tab in the Manage Worlds.
  • Continue having kittens or puppies in this manner by having your Sim befriend and adopt stray males to mate with your female then moving them out.
Rules:
  • As in 100 Baby Challenge, once a donor has impregnated your matriarch, he cannot be used for more offspring.
  • Only one donor can be in the household at a time.
  • Kittens/Puppies cannot be sold. You must wait for them to age up naturally on a normal lifespan. Once they become an adult, they can be moved out of the house in order to make room for more litters.
  • When your matriarch becomes an elder, her most recently born female kitten/puppy must take over as the next matriarch, so make sure you keep one female kitten/puppy in the household when your matriarch has had her last litter
  • You may NOT encourage your matriarch to mate if she is sick. Take her to the vet and choose the most expensive treatment.

*Extra Challenge:*
  • Have as little Trash plants on your lot at the end of the challenge
  • Have you sim reach level 10 Pet trainer skill & reach level 10 in career of choice
  • Have as many Simstagram Followers for each Mama dog as you can and keep final follower count

My Family
    :Pepper Family found in Gallery made by @jessicaann05 with Dog Shashka
    Update so far: IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND STRAY DOGS LET ALONE MALES!!! haha this CHALLENGE is definitely going to be a lot harder than I thought.

fEmcFGI.jpg
Simming Since '00; Forum Member '13; SimLit Blogger '14; SimLit Critic '18

Current Story: https://simslegacy2020.wordpress.com My 2020 Legacy Story - A 10 Generation Legacy Challenge
Sim Choice Awards 2018! || My Full Wordpress || Twitter: Jmaraasims
Post edited by Jmaraa on

Comments

• cauliflowersimscauliflowersims Posts: 35 Member
    Haha, it is so hard to find strays, but for me eventually they start showing up more. I would just be patient lol. I hope you find more! I can’t wait to see what happens. Happy swimming!
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Hit my Gallery up @ InfraGreen because I have some dogs. Shiba Inus (two of them, Yuri and Koji, are intact males) and my own cocker spaniel, Bud.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • JmaraaJmaraa Posts: 217 Member
    Haha, it is so hard to find strays, but for me eventually they start showing up more. I would just be patient lol. I hope you find more! I can’t wait to see what happens. Happy swimming!

Yikes, Patience should be my new years resolution!
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    Hit my Gallery up @ InfraGreen because I have some dogs. Shiba Inus (two of them, Yuri and Koji, are intact males) and my own cocker spaniel, Bud.

PERFECT! Thank you! I am DL them now!

Challenge Update: I've placed my simself on some empty lot and am going to place YOUR CREATIONS : MALE DOGS and just assume they're strays. Those dogs I find who are actually strays I will keep count vs those I have placed. Lets me play this challenge faster AND collab with you beautiful simmers!!!

*CASTING ALL MALE DOGS!! I've never actually done a casting call before lol so I guess just drop your favorite gallery links below!*

Current Story: https://simslegacy2020.wordpress.com My 2020 Legacy Story - A 10 Generation Legacy Challenge
  • Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    I just uploaded a group of 7 male dogs for you. You can find them under the hashtag #100PuppyChallenge You may have to click the modded button even though there was no CC used.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
    Skcaga6 wrote: »
    I just uploaded a group of 7 male dogs for you. You can find them under the hashtag #100PuppyChallenge You may have to click the modded button even though there was no CC used.

OMG AMAZING! 7!! MUAHAHAH Downloading right meow!

How long does it take for your dog to get pregnant?? lol i've encouraged them to breed like 20+ times.. idk if i'm getting impatient OR if this is a glitchy

• GeekMonkey34B21GeekMonkey34B21 Posts: 131 Member
    I haven’t made a house full of pets in awhile!! I’ll do one once my daughter goes down for a nap
    Uploaded 8 male dogs to the gallery under #100PuppyChallenge (my Origin ID is ILIKEcantalope). You may not be able to place all 8 without a Sim but I didn't want to make a Sim for them....

Yes they have Western themed names :D
    Thanks for all the uploads! Amazing cute dogs!

Update: SO I realized my game has been glitching lmao took me a loooong time to give up. After playing through like all the premades EVEN my own simself all those were glitching? Is it the umbrella rack I kept placing? Was is the premade families glitchy? Is it because I keeping using MCCC? merp for just trying to use mood cheats. IDK BUT I found some family in the #100puppychallenge gallery on origin so I just said whatever and placed her. PRAISE THE SIM GODS IT WORKED.

I'm going to try and just post results of the bloodline.

BUT 1 concern: Original rules say to give up the MALE daddy for adoption once the puppies are born and also once the puppies age to elders, I should give them up for adoption. WELL this makes my sim extremely upset... I MEAN OBVIOUSLY.. so.. what do you think I should do?

Here's some pics:
    E0s4BY9.jpg
    Mama Shashka

MZNTwra.jpg
    The finding of Stray Barley; sleuth trait

atiM9kB.jpg
    Adopting Barley boy

ZyB59mA.jpg
    Proof of their love

CnoHlUs.jpg
    FINALLY!!!

RgtilI6.jpg
    Two puppies were born! Welcome Mango

0GVhOUT.jpg
    And Ceasar.

Listen I didn't make up the names, I randomized them and the first gen wanted to be food inspired. You got it. Both males!
    V77hPEB.jpg
    3OeKYyD.jpg

ALRIGHT so haha I took more pics than I thought. YAY finally #100puppychallenge is on its way!!!

• Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    Caesar and Mango are SOOOO cute!
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • cauliflowersimscauliflowersims Posts: 35 Member
    Awwww!! I love this already! ❤️
    Idk how else to document this right now other than just post as I go lol...

Mango & Ceasar aged up and definitely took after their Dad, Barley who was a Sleuth.
    Mango is a Couch Potato; Ceasar is a Sleuth and a Glutton
    Mommy Shashka is a Friendly, Independent, and Playful Dog who doesn't know where the lazy traits came from (obvs the dad side lol)

hFlBPiv.png
    Mango Aged up first

SKFa9LR.png
    rTmMczF.jpg
    Ceasar aged up a couple hours later

Meet Daddy Donor #2 : Elliot who was truly a stray! He is Adventurous, jumpy and a trouble maker.

Took a couple encouragements to get pregnant
    x8ka4rC.jpg
    ZenEiJY.jpg
    bKnNgr8.jpg

But Mama Shashka gave birth to her 2nd Litter! This time FEMALE puppies!

Meet: Belle- black n white takes after mama, and Squee- looks like daddy for sure!
    7CwsgOo.jpg
    ZiJQjsg.jpg

Cant wait to see what traits the puppies have!

Gameplay update: So I gave up daddy #1 for adoption which made my sim very upset for 2 days, I figured out under "manage households" in the "manage world mode" you can easily move dogs in and out.. where do they go? Idk yet.

So we had puppies.. then we got sick:
    3dvcJDY.jpg

BUT THEN...
    xiq06aQ.jpg
    Yea.. that's someones cat dying @ the vet. We high tailed it outta there.. didn't get charger the $750, i'm sure they'll bill me.

pC4zzuL.jpg
    Fam pic of Mom on couch: 2 big brothers and 2 puppy sisters

AND THEN...
    Merp.. perfect timing..
    WiONjco.png

SO while that was happening:
    UbdBWId.jpg

Squee who was born 2nd, aged up first (weird)
    zGZehuD.jpg

Then we have Belle
    JmXwbDl.png
    0USf8oU.jpg

Cute age ups right? 4 down 96 to go! Hope we find mommy soon

Something I did to keep dogs from running away (though she may get pregnant while she’s out so maybe you don’t mind) was to build a fence around the house and lock the front gate for all dogs. Or fence the back and lock the front door to all dogs and don’t have a gate to the backyard.
    @GeekMonkey34B21 oh smart idea!

Good news, Mama Sha came home.
    HS5wypf.jpg

Belle: got Daddy Elliots traits of Jumpy and Trouble maker but mostly looks like her mom got her friendly trait
    aJEEfM6.jpg
    XaqA3YE.jpg
    (so sweet she brought a gift- it was a space rock)

Squee: Daddy Elliots traits of adventurous and trouble maker but got her own trait of Loyal! Mainly looks like dad for sure with mamas big head
    TbvZKqT.jpg
    tKnaKVn.jpg

Family pic of the grown Gen 1 puppies
    Sff5Vu6.jpg

-moving right along-

Adopt Daddy #3 Bulgarian. Strays are rare! Had to adopt him quick, sick or not!
    VZt4pQg.jpg

-$150 (cone of shame)
    BOpEOI8.jpg

eBEMdrk.jpg
    r8ZyEHA.jpg

Baby Girls not so much babies anymore...
    VPBT1Rh.jpg

Managing like.. 6 dogs plus my self... lol not surprised my dogs keep getting sick now
    sgWvKaW.jpg

Anyway i'll leave end on this note..
    TGSQ6b7.png

• MarygMaryg Posts: 1 New Member
    How do you start playing
    Maryg wrote: »
    How do you start playing

To play the challenge at all you just start a new game and in CAS have a sim and a female dog. Then it’s up to you how closely you want to follow the rules to reach 100 puppies ! Any more specific questions I can gladly try n answer.

Update: 1/21
    Made a Google Doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GLr7qoIWXhmg2nMoYs7o6ZQShkywj_3ULqRn2BJr6Tc/edit?usp=sharing
    for Game Updates with Traits. I even color coded mom/dad traits so you can see the genetics working down the line

aMrdEKq.png
    Playful puppies

mGCf5O2.jpg
    Best entire family pic I could get; Litter #2 aged adults with Litter #3 puppies,
    Poor Squee seems to be the black sheep this round, she looks left out

rtPCifU.jpg
    But her younger sister puppies love her so much! PRECIOUS <3

3KVFNET.png
    We met Stray # 4 walking down the pier. Meet Jack! Made by @asharia in the Gallery! Such a lovely Dalmatian
    [shameless plug: Have a Male Dog? Want to see if they will appear in my #100puppychallenge? Comment with your Gallery ID and Dog name!!]

BBgTr4h.jpg
    81Ij5gy.jpg
    What a cute face!!!

88PVDgv.png
    bppuh7A.jpg
    Since we can't control the animals at all, its neat to see all the things the puppies run around doing!
    But they don't stay puppies for long! Aging up already!!

ZtVxuG8.png
    s5R1oX0.jpg
    Though born 2nd, Olive Aged up first! She weirdly only has 2 traits: Playful and Hairy. It's so funny because my dog irl is olive and she is sheds SO much! Maybe because Olive in game being hairy is so time consuming, it counts as 2 traits haha idk

odVw7qm.jpg
    Olive really looks like her mom but also barrel chested like her dad Bulgarian

fUPyJ5Y.jpg
    Nibbler aged up next, sorry I didn't bathe you before you grew! She is Friendly like her mom, loyal like her dad and active all on her own

U7yqLgV.jpg
    TT2ijp3.jpg
    Peanut is the last to grow, fitting name. She is Loyal like her dad, A sleuth on her own, but active like her sister. All the puppies grew up and look the same. Cute.

WGvtetC.jpg

I'll wrap up with this...
    QhhmLSU.jpg

Puppy Count: 10 / 100.

Things are getting pretty hectic around the Puppy household!
    iPvfIJt.jpg

Check this out: Each older sister has a little puppy in crime! 3 vs 3 vs Mom & me! Hard to keep everyone in line!
    TXtdqMW.jpg

They tire themselves out tho! Super cute
    io310pg.jpg
    Ey5xSeM.png

Here's the best pic we could get of everyone in the same room haha:
    LWEX6db.jpg
    Mmh97zR.jpg

Here's Puppy Litter #4:
    Shiloh born First and only girl of the 3, CheeChoo was born next, and Huey is lucky #3
    qv9sfxx.jpg

• RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    edited January 2019
    Your puppies/dogs are adorable!
    I really ought to try this sometime. <3

The first link for the challenge rules does not work for me.
    Rawla wrote: »
    Your puppies/dogs are adorable!
    I really ought to try this sometime. <3

The first link for the challenge rules does not work for me.

Thanks so much! Yes please do it! do the cat one haha then show us!!

If the link doesnt work for you, if you follow the forum post for the 100 baby link, at the bottom OP has made rules for the 100 puppy/kitty but its fairly new (12/29/18)

nIeNNRy.jpg
    I never knew that locations like the dog park, were decorated during fall fest etc.

50M0qS1.jpg
    Cute Squee was at the park, so nice to see puppies who have grown up and left the nest

R9e4Iyr.jpg
    G4f192S.jpg

8uA0YH6.jpg
    Yay it's birthday time for the dalmatian puppies

J0M9GwK.jpg
    Huey, 3rd born, aged up first.
    He is Friendly like mom, Active like Dad and Playful like mom and dad!

R5l4vjs.jpg
    Took almost another 12hrs for the other 2 to age up, strange

5477phn.jpg
    AChGrJw.jpg
    Next was CheeChoo, the oldest Male of the litter. The two brothers are identical
    He is friendly like mom, playful like mom and dad, and a sleuth like his own

kPGlAOa.jpg
    MBhqk0C.jpg
    Our only girl puppy, Shihloh aged up and looks more like her mama!
    She is playful and independent!

bGS3J9W.jpg
    tOATAzf.jpg
    x2dtrws.jpg
    BzkFJmL.jpg
    xzar9r2.jpg

P52TRQR.jpg
    All these potentials at the Pier but no one ready to be adopted...

However, when you know, you know!
    JlooQjg.jpg
    9dh2lpr.jpg
    hsotu7t.jpg
    ria0Ikh.jpg
    Everyone meet Cupcake! A true Stray who showed up at the house!

7WI3X33.jpg
    GDbPTcR.jpg

Whats the max number of puppies you have had in your litter? So far mine is 3 and im wondering if anyone has had anymore!
    Thanks for following! To see my active game genetics doc follow : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GLr7qoIWXhmg2nMoYs7o6ZQShkywj_3ULqRn2BJr6Tc/edit?usp=sharing

• JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    Bookmarked. I love this, your puppies are cute and this challenge seems fun. I might try it too...will see if I have enough patience lol. Anyways, great story.
    edited January 2019
    Jadeleine wrote: »
    Bookmarked. I love this, your puppies are cute and this challenge seems fun. I might try it too...will see if I have enough patience lol. Anyways, great story.

Thanks so much for following! PLEASE try the challenge!

Update:
    OMG I didn't realize Daddy Dog #3 Bulgarian, was a star created by @pugowned!!!! Thank you so much for making this wonderful doggy
    r8ZyEHA.jpg