Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Outrageous Fees To Expand Land And Buying More Rooms

Crazy fees just to buy land and more rooms! Who wants to pay almost 249000 coins for land space and wait 3 days to get it or 25000 coins for rooms addition.

Are they crazy? ...Us players work too hard to earn more rooms and land spaces. Why do we have to pay for them too. Ease up on prices and time, .. we may make more breathtaking houses for use. ..All I have to say is .... OUTRAGEOUS!
TTKIncorporated

Comments

• MYGAB1283MYGAB1283 Posts: 3 New Member
    Tell me about it!!!!
    I’ve been saving up, but have to save 40,000 coins for my next land expansion and I am far from there so need that land expansion and cannot believe the ac tell me about it I’ve been saving up I have to save 40,000 coins for my next land expansion and am far from there so need that land expansion and cannot believe the Astronomical cost of expanding the land not to mention I’m pretty sure I’m going to have to buy the lot next to it to really make it work and I’m sure the price will go up! craziness!!!
  • floraboraamorfloraboraamor Posts: 9 New Member
    I think its bonkers that it gets higher in price plus takes longer to remove land. The cost of tje rooms are a joke! Such a fun buster
  • KathannaKathanna Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm making this post in the hope someone can answer a question for me. Currently my lifestyle is gold-standard glam. In the lifestyle drop down for me, there are only five more levels left that unlock land expansions. I have currently done all the expansions available to me, but there are six spots left to be cleared. Does that mean there will always be one spot that I cannot clear?
  • Wisconsin36Wisconsin36 Posts: 15 New Member
    [quote="floraboraamor;c-16659459"]I think its bonkers that it gets higher in price plus takes longer to remove land. The cost of tje rooms are a joke! Such a fun buster[/quote]

Just wait as u expand more itll take 5 days to get your land unlocked after u buy it
  • geekgirl101geekgirl101 Posts: 401 Member
    Wishing I didn't do the update. My new land expansion jumped up from 13,000 simoleans to 25,000 simoleans plus 5 llamazoom tokens. HOW is this supposed to be better? I'm really plumbed off! >.>
  • PoumbiPoumbi Posts: 35 Member
    Yeah. The price for land expansion cripples the evolution of a players experience in this game. It really shouldn't have increased that significantly. The llamazoom tokens are already enough if they wanted it to take longer. But increasing an already ridiculous amount to get land really just limits people from ever expanding again. It takes me literally 2 weeks or something to get 25,000 simoleons not to mention I wanted the expensive TV but I have to decide between that and a land expansion. Now I'm working on getting at least 2 llamazoom tokens a day and so far I'm on my 4th day. I even found myself forgetting to log in because I'm bored of it at this point to be honest. A lot of my high level friends list has quit too. Quite sad really.
  • PoumbiPoumbi Posts: 35 Member
    [quote="geekgirl101;c-16691025"]Wishing I didn't do the update. My new land expansion jumped up from 13,000 simoleans to 25,000 simoleans plus 5 llamazoom tokens. HOW is this supposed to be better? I'm really plumbed off! >.>[/quote]

I agree. I wish there was a way to revert back to the old version. People that've expanded enough before this update are lucky. I can't help but feel this was unfair.
  • SimscashlostSimscashlost Posts: 12 New Member
    Agreed. I actually think they have hurt themselves on this one because why buy furniture if you have no rooms to put it in. I need grass cut and rooms but It would take to long to save the money for cutting grass and building. So I end up playin* for about 10minures and quitting. Before I was actually buying things and even bought sims cash.
  • CynthiarosegaleCynthiarosegale Posts: 1 New Member
    I have [b]no reason[/b] now to buy sim cash cause it all gets too expensive.
    Recently, they came up with this LamaZoom bs and now, just for one room, you have to have Lamazoom Tickets AND and extensive amount of simoleans!
    This is absolute lunacy!
    If this is a ploy to get us to buy more sim cash, it's not working very well. It's just driving people away...
  • _Bulma__Bulma_ Posts: 49 Member
    At first I felt the same way because it seemed overwhelming but now I don’t mind the high prices to expand land. To me it makes sense that it would be expensive to have a large property. And it gives me something to work for because frankly this game is really stale and there are no new stories.
    I have done everything. All the hobbies, all the careers, all the relationships. 😕😒
    My love has wings, slender feathered things, with grace and upswept curve and tapered tip.

2190b6b18eb3013bd177502247d28a97.jpg

• RosellafaithRosellafaith Posts: 10 New Member
    I like it I have to work harder and learn to save money!
  • HeronyxHeronyx Posts: 43 Member
    I think that the reason why the land is so expensive and takes so long to unlock is because the developers thought that this game would be an additional game for people who are already invested in other The Sims titles.
    I noticed this because when I used to play this as my main or rather only game the prices, wait time etc used to bother me but when I actually started playing on my PC after a break of 4 years, I soon realised that TSM is only a time management/waster mini game. The main target audience is people who already have the game on their PC and are obsessed with the franchise. That's why the prices are so ridiculous.
  • HeronyxHeronyx Posts: 43 Member
    _Bulma_ wrote: »
    At first I felt the same way because it seemed overwhelming but now I don’t mind the high prices to expand land. To me it makes sense that it would be expensive to have a large property. And it gives me something to work for because frankly this game is really stale and there are no new stories.
    I have done everything. All the hobbies, all the careers, all the relationships. 😕😒

That's true but in reality land prices don't increase exponentially like that for some sections of additional land. I think that the land prices either double or increase by the golden ratio. That's not realistic at all especially since these are green field sites. In reality the same sort of land should cost more or maybe become cheaper due to the proxmity of the Sim's house.
    You can't even claim that it's land tax actually. The only way for it to make sense is if the Sims are having to keep paying their local council for planning permission and other things like that hence the room price.
  • VermilionSphereVermilionSphere Posts: 114 Member
    _Bulma_ wrote: »

young Kirk is lookin' good
  • VermilionSphereVermilionSphere Posts: 114 Member
    Wishing I didn't do the update. My new land expansion jumped up from 13,000 simoleans to 25,000 simoleans plus 5 llamazoom tokens. HOW is this supposed to be better? I'm really plumbed off! >.>

EA apparently believes it is somehow gonna make more money for them ! ?
  • scrutyniscrutyni Posts: 49 Member
    The imbalance just discourages people to keep playing for an extended amount of time...
    Current SimLit Blog (Rotational Play): https://newcrestsponsorsims4.home.blog/
    Rookie builder and casual Simmer || Gallery: https://tinyurl.com/ycummopq
  • SheezaPayneDiazSheezaPayneDiaz Posts: 240 Member
    edited February 2019
    The cost of land expansion actually got better. I was on my last expansion just before the change, and I saved $30,000. I imagine that I would have saved a lot more had the change been made earlier.
  • Ellie_McConnell70Ellie_McConnell70 Posts: 40 Member
    My next expansion is 10,000 which isn't so bad. But it also wants 2 Llamas. I hate llamas in this game as it's stopped me from doing so much. I have the llamas for the expansion, but getting more is a pain...goodness knows how many it'll want next time.

As I remember it wants 4 llamas for my nect room...did I say how much I hate llamas?
  • BelLamelasBelLamelas Posts: 38 New Member
    They should do an event with a room as reward. It’s more usefull than barbecues that we can’t use because we don’t have money to clear land.
  • BelLamelasBelLamelas Posts: 38 New Member
    And llamas are the same tasks over and over again....