Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So let’s guess what the next pack will be, and the Feb. update!

Comments

• Captain_CCaptain_C Posts: 180 Member
    Howdy all!

Speaking of Howdy, doubt there would be such a thing, but maybe a 'Old Western' or 'Wild 'West' pack. If they do different themed packs, that would be pretty cool. But back to the Western- doing olden style showdowns, saloon gaming and.. entertainment- of a more appropriate kind. Lassoing, a new mini-game of shooting fish in a barrel or something like that, and barn dancing/new styles of dancing. The hats, dresses and other forms of accessories/clothes would be pretty cool to get our hands on too.

Witches really should have been given out with Vampires pack, same goes for Warewolves, but!- If they do add witches, it would probably be a pack bundle with Warewolves and Vampires included. Which makes sense. I guess they are taking their time trying to iron out bugs, what works and doesn't, or better yet, they are making them able to work together in many ways. Another thing, is if it is too controversial that they would need to change the rating of the game. Or something along those lines, cause things in real life can get pretty graphic, even more so with supernatural beings, take the show Supernatural and Buffy for example (Coolest cross-over right there lol).

Hear hear! A romance optional game pack would be a good idea. Introduces a more intricate system for how the Sims develop as friends, family or other. I remember in Sims 2 they had a similar mechanic, where you choose what hair you like, or what sort of eyes, any features that apparently would be a 'turn on' or a 'turn off'. They could do that, and simply add Sims matching that description/criteria to the public lot or home that the Sim is at every now and then, and see them, meet in different ways, such as... Going into a cliché type story, where there is they add airports and train stations, just like in Sim City. So you can go explore other areas of Maxis (going to guess that's the name of the world), and there should be romantic get aways, spots to spend time with your loved one or escapes; depending on the relationship- such as Paris, Rome or Venice! But their equivalents if EA and developers don't want to copy and use their own world. Wedding locations should be a thing too, and when exploring you can stay at BnB or Motel/Hotel of the place you are at, depending how many Simoleans you want to spend/have.

(Fun Fact: Did you know that Simolean was derived from the name, of the great leader, Napoleon, only in the early 1800's & 1900's?)

Which is an interesting question about what is the world the Sims live in, I think it would be bigger than Earth to be honest, all that spare land everywhere... What world do you want Sims 4 to be associated on?

Earth?

or

Maxis?

Love hearing all these ideas! Very exciting stuff! Looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts and other ideas on this terrific game.

Take care all!

:D

- C
    Until next time!

Take care all!

- C

giphy.gif
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,389 Member
    edited January 2019
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    I would bet on University! I hope it is, since I've gone the honest/hard work , no cheats route . Would be fun to see my sims work their way up through college courses to success! :)

No offense, but how would that be fun?
    Personally, I found University in Sims 3 rather boring. I don't ask because I hate or want to offend or something, I ask because I want to understand why so many people want University and what they all want from a university pack.
    So far, I haven't gotten any answer from anyone.
    My best guess is that this is a "This is supposed to be realistic, so if it exists IRL, it needs to be added to the game, no matter if it is fun or not!" kind of feature just like doing laundry.

If they add the wild parties and keg drinking it could be fun otherwise it will be boring. Prehaps Uni could add working cinemas that could be used game wide.
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    If SIMguruGrant confirmed “you will not get cars this year” and the mess of cars in Del Sol Valley is any kind of clue, I’m guessing cars.
    If SIMguruGrant confirmed “you will not get cars this year” and the mess of cars in Del Sol Valley is any kind of clue, I’m guessing cars.

Grant hasn't confirmed we're not getting cars this year.
    The last week of this month is Next Week. Feb 1st is Next Friday so maybe just maybe we ll get an announcement for the next pack next week.

I suppose it would be pretty cool having car parks, and just seeing our cars, going to them to travel, or watch them be stolen by whoever. :relaxed:
    Until next time!

Take care all!

- C

giphy.gif
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member

He was referring to last year. This Tweet came before Get famous was released. I remember that.
    Armilus616 wrote: »

He was referring to last year. This Tweet came before Get famous was released. I remember that.

Oh, was a long year. Hope something happens eventually.
    Until next time!

Take care all!

- C

giphy.gif
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Witches Game Pack. I doubt we will get a romance related pack
    this month since if you think about it, The Sims aniversary always overshadows the valentines.
    TS1299 wrote: »
    Witches Game Pack. I doubt we will get a romance related pack
    this month since if you think about it, The Sims aniversary always overshadows the valentines.

Don't lose hope! The idea only exists, if you believe in it. :wink:

A Simmaversary! Love it, they might release a celebrations pack! :open_mouth:
    Until next time!

Take care all!

- C

giphy.gif
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    I'm worried that the answer will be...nothing. The gurus seem super busy, and there are bugs in the game now that has not been addressed at all. What I am hoping for are bug fixes, that and possibly cars, who will just be static objects. I am not hopeful for anything major like witches or spiral staircases, they do not seem interested to add something major to the game anymore.
    logion wrote: »
    I'm worried that the answer will be...nothing. The gurus seem super busy, and there are bugs in the game now that has not been addressed at all. What I am hoping for are bug fixes, that and possibly cars, who will just be static objects. I am not hopeful for anything major like witches or spiral staircases, they do not seem interested to add something major to the game anymore.

Are you saying that there will be no more packs and Get Famous was the last piece of paid content we will ever get for Sims 4?
    Or are you saying there won't be anything major in February but later in the year instead?
    I highly doubt the first one, but the second one is entirely possible.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    > @Armilus616 said:
    > logion wrote: »
    >
    > I'm worried that the answer will be...nothing. The gurus seem super busy, and there are bugs in the game now that has not been addressed at all. What I am hoping for are bug fixes, that and possibly cars, who will just be static objects. I am not hopeful for anything major like witches or spiral staircases, they do not seem interested to add something major to the game anymore.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Are you saying that there will be no more packs and Get Famous was the last piece of paid content we will ever get for Sims 4?
    > Or are you saying there won't be anything major in February but later in the year instead?
    > I highly doubt the first one, but the second one is entirely possible.

Yeah, the second one. I don't think we will see anything in February, they seem to want to move more toward releasing larger packs, their answer when it comes to cars for example are that they would like to include them in the game but they do not just want to add them to the game, they want to release it with a larger pack. Witches are possible, it's just that they probably want to add them with another world, as they did with vampires and I am getting the impression that the game cannot handle more lots, given how few there were in Get Famous.
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    @Armilus616 and @Captain_C I believe the tweets you're referring to were in October, when he was asked if cars would be added in Get Famous. He specifically said that cars wouldn't be in Get Famous or the near future. In terms of release schedules for TS4, that would likely mean cars aren't planned for at least the next 2 packs or patches after GF, so I'd say if they hit in 2019, it would be late this year.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    What if they release a Garage stuff pack where they main new feature is a car you can either buy new or used and then have to fix up. It could include a bunch of stuff you usually find out in a garage and/or stuff to build a man cave or something. They could maybe include a truck and a car with different swatches that would be different brands of each. Not that interested in cars but I'd buy a pack like that for the car fixing hobby and to flesh out my garages.
    > @Armilus616 said:
    > logion wrote: »
    >
    > I'm worried that the answer will be...nothing. The gurus seem super busy, and there are bugs in the game now that has not been addressed at all. What I am hoping for are bug fixes, that and possibly cars, who will just be static objects. I am not hopeful for anything major like witches or spiral staircases, they do not seem interested to add something major to the game anymore.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Are you saying that there will be no more packs and Get Famous was the last piece of paid content we will ever get for Sims 4?
    > Or are you saying there won't be anything major in February but later in the year instead?
    > I highly doubt the first one, but the second one is entirely possible.

Yeah, the second one. I don't think we will see anything in February, they seem to want to move more toward releasing larger packs, their answer when it comes to cars for example are that they would like to include them in the game but they do not just want to add them to the game, they want to release it with a larger pack. Witches are possible, it's just that they probably want to add them with another world, as they did with vampires and I am getting the impression that the game cannot handle more lots, given how few there were in Get Famous.

I hope it's not that. It could certainly be that this is the reason the world didn't have as many lots, but I hope it's not.
    (Has anyone experienced more lag from having more worlds in the game?)
    I hope it's rather something along the lines of "There is only so much money the Devs can spend on creating content per pack, and worlds cost more the more lots they have, public space doesn't matter as much, and the Devs decided that other things are more important than having a bunch of lots." Though I don't have any evidence for either of the two possible reasons.
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I hope it's a skydiving pack.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.

Cars are major.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,957 Member
    I’m curious, besides skydiving what else would that pack include? It seems like something different😊
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,957 Member
    edited January 2019
    What if they release a Garage stuff pack where they main new feature is a car you can either buy new or used and then have to fix up. It could include a bunch of stuff you usually find out in a garage and/or stuff to build a man cave or something. They could maybe include a truck and a car with different swatches that would be different brands of each. Not that interested in cars but I'd buy a pack like that for the car fixing hobby and to flesh out my garages.

I would like a bit more than a stuff pack when it comes to cars. Since Sims can walk through a neighborhood, I think it would be nice to see a car pull away from the house before a travel screen. I also would like to see them be able to fix cars up, but I would also like to see teenagers be able to learn to drive. See a car pull into a garage., listen to music in the car, and be able to make out in a car. I would like t see a good variety of cars in a variety of colors. I think it would be neat if they added a new lot too.... a filling station/car wash/garage/ minimart that you can create yourself with a few items that have to be there like any other lot . You should be able to drive (with travel screen) there like any lot. I don’t think a stuff pack would be enough, I believe it would at least take a game pack...... however a basic car could be added to the game without a pack, but it certainly should include at least a game pack following the introduction of cars.

They might just be worried if adding anymore, could include more bugs, and adds more problems for a solution. But it is plausible they will try in their best efforts to do more with the game.
    Until next time!

Take care all!

- C

giphy.gif

That could include a new way to die in Sims 4. Death, by Skydiving. Randomly seeing a Sim falling from the sky, yelling all the way down, and have a little dramatic death sequence. But then again, there are different places you could skydive to, maybe a Jungle or a secret island somewhere. :o
    Until next time!

Take care all!

- C

giphy.gif
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I’m curious, besides skydiving what else would that pack include? It seems like something different😊

It could be something along the lines of a 'Daredevil Gamepack', where all these risky things could occur. And introduce new ways to possibly die for your Sims, but super cool things to do?
    Until next time!

Take care all!

- C

giphy.gif
    Speaking on the topic of Cars, ladies and gents. What sort of cars should be added? Would you like to see the super expensive, fashionable, sports cars? Perhaps a classic old school car made from the early 50's, or maybe the very first motorised car invented ever! :D Or perhaps an off-road vehicle/jeep? Which raises another interesting Game pack idea, a 'Safari & Zoo' type pack. What are your thoughts?
    Until next time!

Take care all!

- C

giphy.gif
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I would like a bit more than a stuff pack when it comes to cars. Since Sims can walk through a neighborhood, I think it would be nice to see a car pull away from the house before a travel screen. I also would like to see them be able to fix cars up, but I would also like to see teenagers be able to learn to drive. See a car pull into a garage., listen to music in the car, and be able to make out in a car. I would like t see a good variety of cars in a variety of colors. I think it would be neat if they added a new lot too.... a filling station/car wash/garage/ minimart that you can create yourself with a few items that have to be there like any other lot . You should be able to drive (with travel screen) there like any lot. I don’t think a stuff pack would be enough, I believe it would at least take a game pack...... however a basic car could be added to the game without a pack, but it certainly should include at least a game pack following the introduction of cars.

As the game wasn't designed with cars in mind, many lots aren't even attached to roads. At the moment they're hesitating to even add cars. I doubt they would rewrite the game mechanics to allow the cars to travel on the roads we do have.

If we do get cars they will probably be more or less stationery objects (kind of like in the Sims 2). The sim will get in, and the loading screen will pop up. Training teens to drive, if included, would most likely be a rabbit hole.