Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do i move into an occupied house

Ok, recently i havnt been paying attention to notices and such (or my money) when i realise after along party the maid had not been payed and thus she stole all sources of income from my house. I want to move into my girlfriends house considering i spend most of my time partying there. But when i use the move out option on the cell phone it doesnt show occupied households, only the unoccupied ones. What do i do? I consider just getting a part time job till i can get a really bad computer but that seems....unrealistic. Most people who have been robbed move into their friends apartment and live with them a while until they are bakc on their feet. and thats how i want my game to feel like. I dont want to use cheats either.

P.S. i have also realised i can use edit town to move my sim but what will that effect? will it reset his goals? sell or pack the furniture in my house? or any other side effects i should know about?

Comments

• SketchElderSketchElder Posts: 3,517 New Member
    edited September 2009
    zgamer8 wrote:
    I want to move into my girlfriends house considering i spend most of my time partying there. But when i use the move out option on the cell phone it doesnt show occupied households, only the unoccupied ones. What do i do?
    Go to the girlfriend's house and ask to move in.

Psst. The library has really bad computers you can use for free until you can afford your own really bad computer.
  • zgamer8zgamer8 Posts: 84 Member
    edited September 2009
    lol ok. do i have to ask or do i flirt alot until she asks me?

EDIT: i tried this, it only gave me the option to have her come to my house. Not vice versa. Now my sim has a goal to move in with her too.

teehee... im good at romatic persuasion
    edited September 2009
    well...it has become unnecesary to move in with my girlfriend as i spent enough time solving the unsolvable plus a part time job to but a the second computer in which i can play chess for logic and hack for money.

But i still wanna know how to move into my girlfriends house.
  • SketchElderSketchElder Posts: 3,517 New Member
    edited September 2009
    The move-in screen shows both houses and lets you decide who is going to move to which house and which house will be the active one. It doesn't matter whether she asks you to move in, you ask her to move in, or you ask to move in with her. They all give the same move-in screen.
    edited September 2009
    the screen doesnt allow me to make the left side which is her side the active one, i think it has something to do with her not being the only family living there. when i made her i moved her in with another family. so she isnt the original owner of the house and thats why...i think
  • PinkAvacadoPinkAvacado Posts: 5 New Member
    Invite your girlfriend to visit your house, then do the social action: Move in House(or something like that). It is in the friendly option
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Let's always be mindful of how old a thread is when we post a reply. In this case, this thread's about 9 years and 9 months old! It's for that reason that I'm gonna be locking it.
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top