Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's with this Alexa thing?

Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
What is with this Alexa thing? Is this being added to the game or is it something that Amazon wants us to buy?

Comments

• duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    From what I can tell, its simply an app for alexa enabled devices to play with. Its a simlish dictionary and some stuff like trivia.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    It appears to be an application for the Amazon Alexa devices. From what I’ve seen, you can get the Alexa app on your phone even if you don’t have an Alexa and get the app through there. I hope I explained it okay!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Thanks. It's not an addition to the game and since I don't have any Alexa devices it's nothing for me to worry about.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    It also plays sims music. Someone said it had like 7 hours of music from the entire series. It’s also free, the app and the sims skill. It’s nothing to do with the game but it’s pretty cool. Fun little side project from one of the devs.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Bronwin2 wrote: »
    What is with this Alexa thing? Is this being added to the game or is it something that Amazon wants us to buy?

The Developers decided to add it as a way to honor the new Lind Z smart speaker in the game although this is for your Amazon Echos and Alexa App not an in game feature.
    Akl500P wrote: »
    It also plays sims music. Someone said it had like 7 hours of music from the entire series. It’s also free, the app and the sims skill. It’s nothing to do with the game but it’s pretty cool. Fun little side project from one of the devs.

It's missing some music from Sims 4 Packs and buy build cas but they said they might add that later.
  • ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    dang I thought my sims could have an alexa in their home.
    ferret9005 wrote: »
    dang I thought my sims could have an alexa in their home.

Well they can if you place the Lin Z Smart Speaker.
  • ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    thanks for the info .
  • DasiyDasiy Posts: 27 Member
    I play Alex Sims game well wait for Sims 4 Dine Out but give Sims Lin Z smart speek. What Sims 4 games do you play?
  • sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    I installed the Alexa app, but all it's doing is telling me I can play a Strangerville mystery story. Uhh... Sorry, how do I play music and trivia with this skill?

-sketches
    Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities