Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is Jungle Adventure broken?

Hey,

I just bought Jungle Adventure a little while back when it was on sale and just took my Sim to explore. First, he got stuck excavating by kneeling down and doing nothing that prompted me to reset him. Then, I cleared a path through the gate by the waterfall and my Sim went through but nothing happened. I let the time run for a while on top speed before finally giving up and clicking my Sims phone and having him travel back to base. I took him back into the jungle where he was just standing there frozen. Spiders finally attacked but he just stood there for a good minute or so in real time. Finally, I got him into the first temple. I had him examine the totem thing and he was set on fire after choosing an option. I found the pool of water and selected "Extinguish Self!" but he did nothing. I just watched him catch fire and watched the interaction complete until he died.

Is there something wrong with Jungle Adventure? I've only tried playing this one time and so far it hasn't been an enjoyable experience...

Comments

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Ouch, sounds like a horrible experience. :( I don't see the problems you list in the thread of known game bugs, but you could go through it more carefully just to make sure: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-reported-Gameplay-Issues/m-p/6566498#M82264

The link also has steps to follow before reporting, most importantly being to test with no mods or cc to make sure that's not what is causing your issue. Good luck sorting out your issue!
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • cauliflowersimscauliflowersims Posts: 35 Member
    Wow, I'm really sorry about all that. It sounds terrible! I also bought the jungle adventure when it was on sale, but I absolutely love it. Sometimes things in my game just don't work and usually it is because the save was old. If your save was older I would maybe try making a new one and testing the jungle adventure features. I hope you find more luck!
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I've had the second bug as well.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    Thank you for all the replies! I'll give it a try without any mods and see if that fixes anything. I'll also create a new save!
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    It could be a mod that was broken in the recent patches, or maybe something that got missed.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • awlchickawlchick Posts: 75 Member
    Hey,

I just bought Jungle Adventure a little while back when it was on sale and just took my Sim to explore. First, he got stuck excavating by kneeling down and doing nothing that prompted me to reset him. Then, I cleared a path through the gate by the waterfall and my Sim went through but nothing happened. I let the time run for a while on top speed before finally giving up and clicking my Sims phone and having him travel back to base. I took him back into the jungle where he was just standing there frozen. Spiders finally attacked but he just stood there for a good minute or so in real time. Finally, I got him into the first temple. I had him examine the totem thing and he was set on fire after choosing an option. I found the pool of water and selected "Extinguish Self!" but he did nothing. I just watched him catch fire and watched the interaction complete until he died.

Is there something wrong with Jungle Adventure? I've only tried playing this one time and so far it hasn't been an enjoyable experience...

When my sims freeze i have to leave the location or "repair" my game.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I just bought JA two or three days ago. I haven't tried it yet, but sure hope I don't have the bad luck you have had :D

(no CC or Mods, fingers crossed)