Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuck pregnancy & undeletable object~ help please!

lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
I'm sorry if these are noob questions, but I don't play TS4 often and have stumbled upon some annoying bugs.

So my Sim went on holiday to Granite Falls and, for some reason, there was a 'grilled food' in her inventory when she came home. I tried to sell it, couldn't, and ended up accidentally placing it on the floor in her house... and now it is stuck there.

When I click on it, there is a 'throw away' interaction, but neither my Sim nor her husband can interact with it. They just stomp like something is in the way. So I deleted every single piece of furniture in the room, and the action still auto-cancels when I try to have one of them 'throw away' the item.

I have tried cheats (moveobjects on and buydebug), but cannot interact with the glitched item in Buy/Build. It is now spoiled and is causing my Neat Sim distress, but I can't get rid of it without deleting the floor of the whole house (which I do not want to do bc I hate building).

Possibly unrelated, but my Sim's third trimester of pregnancy ended while she was at work and it now appears to be stuck. Now it just says 'giving birth in ???'. Apparently there should be a 'go to hospital' option, but I don't have that and she still looks pregnant so... is there still hope for this save?

Edited for content. - EA_Cian
I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
Post edited by EA_Cian on

Comments

• TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    edited January 2019
    For the pregnant Sim, she's not actually ready to give birth yet. The "Giving Birth in ???" just means the kid could come any minute now, but it's still unknown when until you actually get the notice that she's going into labor. It's like how Elders don't have a definitive lifespan and you only get vague notices that their time is coming to a close, but not a hard date.

As for the trash on the floor, you may try a couple of things. I'd try hiring a maid, and staying out of the house all day. You usually get a notice that a maid cleaned while you were out once you return, and if the game is going to auto-clean your home to account for the maid's service while you were gone, it may get rid of the dirty dishes. Alternatively, if you have the mom go out, and the dad stay home, you should be able to command the Sim at home via the little lightning arrow on their thumbnail to clean house while you're on another lot, and that may also achieve the same thing.

Outside of that, I'd try a more dramatic approach. I'd move the family out. Then, from the neighborhood, go into the house and see if you can't manually remove the item from that build mode. If that doesn't work, you can then try to move the family back into the house, unfurnished, and see if that removes the item. Other than that, if it's a premade home, just replace it with a copy you can find on the Gallery or something, people are always posting the Maxis made lots there.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,578 Member
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Sometimes you can solve stuck objects like the plate of food by simply going out to manage worlds, then choose your home and reload the lot. I have also found that traveling to a community lot and then traveling right back home can also resolve it.
  • PinkAvacadoPinkAvacado Posts: 5 New Member
    I think the best option is to hire a maid and stay out of the house all day...
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,446 Member
    @lauravonawesome, did you try doing a shift-click on the plate & choosing to either reset or destroy object?
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Has your sim given birth yet?
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • LaceyroseLaceyrose Posts: 587 Member

I had the same problem with one of my sims... Neon fathered a child with the Christmas sim.. I read that there was some issues about the Christmas sim.. even after it was supposedly fixed, she still had problems giving birth.. as you can tell from this picture, she is really trying..

2u7q6m8.jpg

Neon finally gave birth to a boy .. and named him Universe, but the poor fellow.. with all the issues his Mom had birthing him.. can you blame what he looks like as an adult ?

20r2o28.jpg