March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best sims game?

MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member

Best sims game? 58 votes

TS
3%
Lady_Ballorakarsa8585 2 votes
TS2
27%
icmnfrshrudy8292AprilDawnStormkeepkeekee53Anmirlastilljustme2xoSnowyOwlxorambahadoerSigzy05ChadSims2MidnightAuraEricasFreePlayAllieSootiemunroeleSeloBee 16 votes
TS3
31%
IdontrcallPlayerSinger2010dreamerz13Bagoas77Moon_WillowArchivistemorrillJennyggRamblineRosejode23KevinL5275UnicornzKALARATRIMousellineAlexandriaJadespongebobShedaStyles8763_Charm_Alarm 18 votes
TS4
37%
simgirl1010friendlysimmersTenchi2aLovaticxxrjssimHermitgirlMelpomenaArchieoniccomicsforlifeBusufuthatsnotswegCharliecheesenurgersGamingTweetyEvie0602BennyandBellaMindsimscreateRememberJoywhimreaperHemi_SimsEnjoyfulSimmer 22 votes
TS Freeplay
0%

Comments

• Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    Cannot vote on this one, as all of them are different and terrific in their own way, although I never played TS Freeplay.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    TS2
    I chose Sims 2 but it's actually a tie between TS2 and Freeplay. I love them both. I love Freeplay because of the Live Events and updates. I love TS2 because it added so many new things to the franchise.
  • AlexandriaJadeAlexandriaJade Posts: 31 Member
    TS3
    I love all of them, but I feel like Sims 3 had more to offer
  • MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    TS3
    Cannot vote on this one, as all of them are different and terrific in their own way, although I never played TS Freeplay.

To be honest I've only played freeplay, TS3, and a little bit of TS4. You can easily play the Sims Freeplay it is free on mobile. I'm not a big fan of it, but I know some people who like it a lot. I probably just don't because it's pretty different from Sims 3 and I mostly just play that one
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    TS2
    2 all the way
  • karsa8585karsa8585 Posts: 3 New Member
    TS
    my favorite TS2 and TS4
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    TS2
    My vote would be for TS2 AND TS4.

That would probably be me as well though Sims 2 got the slight not because it had a lot more warmth (though S4 is catching up). Things like children "dancing" with adults by standing on the feet and holding hands, or running in from the school bus with a good report card. More activities that didn't require "stuff", like clapping games and such. The "hang out" interaction in University where Sims would sit on the floor and shoot the breeze. Little things like that.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    TS3
    karsa8585 wrote: »
    my favorite TS2 and TS4

You say that 2 and 4 are your favorite, yet you picked the original on the poll. Why?
  • whimreaperwhimreaper Posts: 361 Member
    TS4
    I have to say TS4. I was never hooked by TS2 (probably because video games weren't my thing back then) and TS3 grabbed my attention, but doesn't have the same atmosphere as TS4. I think TS4 is great for creating all sorts of new scenarios and, although limited, seems to crash and glitch WAY less than TS3. I actually like that it's not open world because each little area feels more important. TS4 is definitely my ultimate love of video games and always works wonders for cheering me up or inspiring me.
  • Hemi_SimsHemi_Sims Posts: 56 Member
    TS4
    I love TS4 but idk if I'm just being biased because its the current one.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited January 2019
    Absolutely not Freeplay, hah. The mobile games in general are really not comparable to the real games. Too many microtransactions, too little freedom.

As for which one's the BEST, I honestly can't decide.

I started with TS3, so naturally I have a slight bias towards that. It has a ton of content, some of which I still haven't explored yet. It's still good. It had open world and create-a-style. It was honestly rather ambitious! Even though its loading times became absolutely ridiculous. Thankfully we only have to deal with that loading screen once, and then we have the entire world to access. But then there's the huge lag in older saves... and how the game will just shut down and crash if it gets bad enough. Overall, the game is kind of unstable. But I still like it. I still have it installed, I still return to it sometimes. I want to continue my legacy game there, but the savefile has unfortunately become a bloated disaster.

I can absolutely see why people still love TS2 the most, its gameplay is amazing!! So many small details, it was clearly made with love. CAS and Build Mode definitely improved in later games, though.
    I never had a chance to play TS1, I'm too young.

TS4 has the best looking sims, the most expressive animations, the prettiest worlds (although tiny), the best vampires, the best build mode. Though CASt is gone, it does make creating sims and building houses much quicker and easier. The game itself easily gets back up on its legs when it does lag. I like the concept of game packs. Overall, it has improved a ton since launch.
    It's also the game I currently play the most and also create custom content for. Besides the lack of open neighborhoods and lackluster personalities and the constant Happy mood, it's currently probably my favorite.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    edited January 2019
    TS3
    To me, ts3 is exponentially better than what we now have. There was a transition period of me favoring ts3 from ts2, but ts3 became my biggest love.

There were some things in ts2 that were done better (the humor was more complex and the "breaking the 4th wall" interactions between you and your sim was stellar), but ts3 was a vast, deeper, wide-open world toy for the imagination.

In comparison, ts4 is a series of small rooms divided by immersion-breaking loading screens and populated by forever smiling sims... in my humble opinion.
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    TS4
    <3 I love sims 4 most! :) always have and until sims 5 comes along and proves to be better. I always will! But I will not stop playing sims 4. I will play it alongside Sims 5.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    TS2
    My vote goes to Sims 2 nothing else even comes close.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    TS4
    I have played since the sims1 but the best game as of now is the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • CheetahAlyssaCheetahAlyssa Posts: 345 Member
    It would be between Sims 3 and Sims 4 for me. Never played the first two sims games.

When it comes to CAS and how the game looks overall, I like the Sims 4 better. I spend hours in CAS making various different sims. However, I can just never get that into the gameplay. I get bored after at most half an hour of playing with my sim.

For the Sims 3, I find myself being less bored while doing gameplay. Granted, there are many more expansion packs, each one brings so much to the game and leaves so much to explore. I also love having the open world so I can go places without sitting through a loading screen. Unfortunately, it is hard for me to play the Sims 3 while knowing how much better the Sims 4 looks. I get really impatient during CAS since you can't be as detailed, and the game is older so the graphics obviously aren't as good.

I wish I could take the CAS and graphics from the Sims 4 and the gameplay and packs from the Sims 3. Unfortunately, I just have to hope for better Sims 4 packs to come out. Or the Sims 5, who knows?
    A Part Of The Journey Is The End
    original.gif
  • MelpomenaMelpomena Posts: 207 Member
    edited January 2019
    TS4
    I have 567 sims into my current save, which is my main save from the beginning.
    189 sims (16 cats and dogs), 378 npc including the premades.
    I have 53 community lots spreaded in all worlds.
    I play Vanilla, agging off and I don't really rotate. I just play the households I feel like playing with, for a week, a month, 6 months ...
    I play all my households more or less with some particular favorites ones.
    I use all the gameplay, in all the worlds including OR and Selvadorada.
    I play 28 days calendar, celebrity off. I choose which sims I play celebrity with.

I have all the packs.
    I have a few bugs that are known by the devs team.
    My game runs smoothly, but it lags very little sometimes.

I play on a desktop 2013. Graphics are not too bad, but they're not ultimate.
    I'm shopping for a new computer!

I think the Sims2 were great, the Sims3 were wonderful, the Sims4 are fantastik (the best for me).
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I can't really choose... I mean, I've never really played the first Sims game (only briefly) and that was so long ago I don't remember anything about it but I feel like Sims 2, Sims 3 and Sims 4 are all great in their own ways.

Sims 2 had a lot of different animations, the turn-ons, and turn-offs which would determine how easy it would be for you to be in a relationship with someone etc.

Sims 3 had the open world (which to me isn't necessarily that big of a deal... I don't really care about that too much) and it had so many different aspirations and traits that really helped make your sims feel like they have a personality. I think the moodlets were better in Sims 3 than in Sims 4.

Personally, I love Sims 4's style the most. I know the cartoonish style isn't for everyone. I think the CAS is amazing and I spend most of my time there because there are so many possibilities to customize the little things. One thing I'd like though is a color wheel for the skin and hair colors because I feel like I'm overusing like two hair colors because most of them are bad... And the undertones for the skins are ridiculous. I never make white sims because the undertones are awful, not everyone's green or bright pink or yellow. (I'm not saying the darker skin tones don't have some weird undertones but it got a little better with when they patched in some new darker colors)

Thanks for coming to my TED talk :'D
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    TS
    My vote goes to the original Sims 1 ! I had Sims 1 Complete Collection,and I would spend hours playing all my different families and going to all the different places. I loved the soundtrack and the magic duels were so much fun! I also had learned a secret: If you place the pet pens anywhere in Old Town,the annoying organ grinder never showed up to get in the way or block people inside the bathrooms.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,965 Member
    TS4
    yay finally TS4 :)
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
    TS3
    I expected at least a few people to pick freeplay... lol 😂
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    TS3
    Sims 3 always and forever :heart:

• rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited January 2019
    TS4
    I like TS4 the best. The sims themselves are just so awesome.
    Post edited by rjssim on