Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Youtuber simmers

A question for members (especially youtuber simmers) - I am wondering what programs are good for filming/recording sims, (especially editing, where you can hear the voice of the player). I am looking at getting something so i can put my videos together and even speak if necessary. Any ideas would be great.
Thank you in advance i hope i made sense in my question.

Comments

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Did you check out OBS? Don't think you can use it for editing, but it's good for Lets Play, and you can incert a small window of yourself if you like. for recording or streaming.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    AspenSimsAspenSims Posts: 603 Member
    Obs for recording and adobe premiere pro for editing :)
  • Options
    bebasimbebasim Posts: 581 Member
    Thank you for the replies i am looking into it :)
  • Options
    Trippey_DTrippey_D Posts: 25 Member
    I use a video editor called Animotica, and honestly it works fine. It's free but OF COURSE, it costs like $10 to get rid of the watermark and get some features, and $20 to earn full access to the app.
  • Options
    hiphipreneehiphiprenee Posts: 9 New Member
    I use OBS to record while I'm playing/building. It's easy and free to use.

For editing, it depends on what type of videos you're planning to create. I do mainly speedbuilds on my channel, so I don't need a ton of editing options. I just splice together the recordings I've made-- cut out bits and pieces here and there... and then speed up the actual video while adding a voiceover on top of it.

I used Adobe Premiere Pro for a while because I had free access to it through my boyfriend's job. He got a new job, and I invested the $100 into Premiere Elements. I couldn't justify paying an adobe subscription when I don't use most of the features. Windows Movie Maker (If you have a PC) is free and easy to use, and gets the job done. And I use Audacity to record my voiceovers. Don't spend a ton of money on editing programs to start off. Figure out whether you enjoy making videos and then look into more advanced editing options!
  • Options
    DDirectorDDirector Posts: 35 Member
    I agree with previous members. I use OBS to record as well. It's free, and created files are "slight" (for mp4 format).