Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favorite expansion pack world?

TheStarlightSimmTheStarlightSimm Posts: 76 Member
I have seen a lot o people doing the list of their favorite expansions, but I haven't seen anyone's list of their favorite worlds, especially the ones included in expansions! Feel free to make your list! Here's mine:

1. Isla Paradiso
Even though I have to fix all the lagging before I start playing in it, this world is still my favorite! I love living in a houseboat, visiting resorts, scuba dive and all the fun activities this world has to offer. The scenery and the whole design of the world is just the amazing (wonderful houses!) and I love that tropical summer feeling in it.

2. Twinbrook
I love Sunset Valley, and for me, Twinbrook is improved version of it. It's just a normal world for everyday gameplay and that simplicity is what I like! The huge lake in the center of the world gets frozen in the winter and it's so beautiful to go ice skating! The one bad thing it that it has bad starter houses and not much space to place new lots.

3. Appaloosa Plains
I'm not the biggest fan of country scenery, but this world looks amazing! Same as Twinbrook, it's just simple world for normal gameplay (with a little bit of pets) and I can't find anything bad about this one!

4. Starlight Shores
I find it kinda small and it's terrible to find a good spot for building your own house without deleting the existing ones. The other thing I hate about it is a bad festivals spot! But overall, it's a nice-looking and a very modern world.

5. Bridgeport
When I first got the game, this one was my favorite. But after a while, it gets hard for me to play in it. If you live in a building, it takes hours for your Sim to get in and out, and I HATE SUBWAYS! Thanks to them, it takes 3 hours for your Sim to get to work! And if you don't have the expansive car (I don't play with cheats), it takes hours to get from one side of the world to another. And you can forget about placing store venues because of no space at all! However, I like those houses where rich Sims live, and overall look of the world is nice.

6. Moonlight Falls
I'm not much into supernatural things and the atmosphere in the world is somewhat dark and lifeless to me. Even though the world is spacious, I prefer bright colors and the feeling you get in Isla Paradiso!

I'm looking forward to read your opinions!
My Wishlist
77 Sets, 42 Premium content and 4 Wolrds away from owning the Store B)

Comments

• marstinsonmarstinson Posts: 367 Member
    Discounting all of the time I've spent in Sunset Valley and Riverview, I have to agree on Appaloosa Plains, although I'm not a major fan of Pets, and I also like Twinbrook. They just feel spacious and kind of small town. I like that feel in a world. In recent months I've been playing in worlds that have a similar atmosphere to them like Evansdale County Expanded, Neverglade, and Hidden Springs.

Starlight Shores and Bridgeport never really appealed to me. Maybe I'm just not urban enough to enjoy them.

I played Isla Paradiso once and never went back because of all of the lagginess, but the overall atmosphere was very good. I also liked Moonlight Falls as far as its layout and overall feel, but found it a bit dismal. It was in keeping with the rest of Supernatural, though.
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    1. Moonlight Falls. Spacious, quaint, interesting homes. Big lots. Hands down my favorite EP world.

2. Bridgeport. A bit laggy and apartments are not the easiest to work with, but I generally like the city atmosphere. I don't play in this world much anymore; I tend to use it as a NRaas Traveler vacation world.

3. Twinbrook. Too small, no large lots, poor selection of starter houses. Difficult to expand or add Store venues. Otherwise ok. I was underwhelmed.

I haven't played in Isla Paradiso yet; haven't spent the time to fix all the lag issues. I just bought Showtime last month and haven't even looked at that world. Don't have Pets.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited January 2016
    1. Starlight Shores. I love that its a little 'big' town. Plenty of urban growth but still has a small town atmosphere.
    2. Moonlight Falls. It reminds me of a darker, slightly spookier version of my home town. All it needs is farm boys in pickup trucks.
    3. Sunset Valley. I know its cliche but I've always loved the Anytown, USA feel of it. When I play there it sort of reminds me of the old movies about the towns with the malt shop on the corner where everyone knows your name and says "hello" as you pass.
    4. Sunlit Tides. Its got such a fresh beachy feeling its hard for me not to love it.
    5. Roaring Heights. Also really liked the style of this town though I must admit I'm not a fan of it being set in the time period that it is. I'd prefer a deco inspired town but in modern day.

Sad to admit, I'm not much of a fan of the other towns available, though I have them all. I think I'd love Isla Paradiso if it didn't need so much work just to make it playable. I know its better on my new machine, but even still it needs work to run like I'd want. Maybe I'm just spoiled but I hate even the slightest lag and to me its not worth playing there.

Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Bridgeport is my favourite, but it lacks places to build small, cheaper houses.
    And then I found a custom world that is very much like it, called St Claire, which is everything that Bridgeport should have been.

Of the store worlds, I like Monte Vista the best. I think it's because it reminds me of Veronaville from Sims 2, its full of medievalish style buildings.

I like the extremes, either a city with an active night life, or a rural old world setting.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited January 2016
    1. Appaloosa Plains - I just love it. It's so quaint and it has a lot of room to build.
    2. Moonlight Falls - Love the slightly spooky vibe, and again there's ample room to expand.
    3. Twinbrook - Reminds me a lot of where I grew up.
    4. Isla Paradiso - Absolutely gorgeous! The only reason why it's not higher on my list is because of the lag.

I like a lot of the store worlds. My favorite is probably Lucky Palms, but I also love Sunlit Tides, Monte Vista, and Dragon Valley.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    I always find myself playing in twinbrook.
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    Number 1 for me has to be Bridgeport. I just really enjoy the look of it.

But a second would be good old Sunset Valley. Mainly because I enjoy the families there.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've got two young runaways in Twinbrook and a young single guy in Sunset Valley.I love all of the worlds for vacations with NRaas traveler which opens up more desinations.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    I really love Isla Paradiso. I know it gets a lot of lag, but w/ Overwatch mod, I don't have as many issues in it.
    I also love Appaloosa Plains, its so pretty and calming.

My fave EA worlds come from the store however, like Aurora Skies, Sunlit Tides, and Hidden Springs.
  • _torraay_torraay Posts: 34 Member
    1. Appaloosa Plains - I love the country look of it. Also the autumn looking trees are beautiful. I wish I still had Pets installed, it kept crashing on me so it had to go. :(

2. Hidden Springs - I love the greenery in Hidden Springs. Everything about it reminds me of living in the mountains in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. The water being so blue is also a plus.

3. Bridgeport - It was actually cool seeing the first city like world. It didn't remind me so much of New York, but it definitely reminded me of Chicago. The world lags for me but overrall, it's one of my favorites.. Especially in the winter time.
    2h6rm7d.jpg
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    My favorite is my unpopulated remake of Sunset Valley called Gibsons which was my first CAW project for legacies and there's other custom worlds like Glenvale County,Evermore Falls,Deery Meadows,Winfield and Oak Leaf which are all great.I love Alleria Lite for IP play because it's empty and I can play the town.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • HepburnismHepburnism Posts: 33 Member
    I've always loved Hidden Springs best
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,745 Member
    Awnnn... I was around in 2016. I don't remember seeing this topic, though.

I'm going to make a TOP 3:
    1- Appaloosa Plains: I love the scenery and the pets and the country life and the sims and everything in it. It's the only town that I managed to have two venues from Showtime and the three basic ones from Late night in a neat way.

2- Twinbrook: It's hard to add more lots, but the empty floors in the buildings are interesting for adding new details to the world. I like the creepy feeling on the bayou and the French style in the other houses.

3- Sunset Valley: Nowadays, I find the color of those houses terrible. Aside from that, there's a lot of room for renovations in this city and the old residents are charismatic.

I need to mention Lucky Palms, though. I haven't played in it a lot but it's spacious and beautiful. I've been playing the game since 2014 and I've got all worlds, but I haven't explored all of them yet.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2019
    Up till the moment the Store came with Hidden Springs, I had only played in Sunset Valley and Riverview and after that I only played in Store worlds for years. Which means I’m not really familiar with most pack worlds, apart from trying them out briefly (taking my sims there for a short adventure). The first pack world I actually played in was Isla Paradiso, because you had to. And in 2015 I moved a sim into Bridgeport and played there. So my list is based on a fair lack of real experience in most of them.

1. Bridgeport
    Oh how I underestimated Bridgeport (and let this be a big footnote for my entire list, you only really know what a world is like once you’ve really played there and in most cases I haven’t). I considered it grey and ugly, fully misjudging the fact grey and ugly can be real fun to play in because it’s life simulation and grey and ugly sometimes just is what life’s about, especially when you play a homeless sim. Apart from the very weird routing issues they did a great job I think, creating a city themed world with the open world concept of Sims 3. Of course you don’t get the amazing views experience San Myshuno added (and I fully understand and appreciate they tried the city theme that way this time around), but to me the fakeness of that view is a big problem. I know, it has its kind of laughable limitations (especially when you compare it to cities in games like GTA) but all I can say is: for me it worked. The fact everything takes time there actually contributed to the fun. Having to wait for the elevator, taking the subway, yep, that’s city life for you. I’m never in a hurry when I play Sims anyway. And for weeks all my sim could do was walk, so I had to take it slow anyway.

2. Appaloosa Plains
    I only played here very briefly (as part of an adventure of sims that were living in Hidden Springs) and the main reason it comes second: the beauty <3

3. Isla Paradiso
    Played there when the pack was released and have been playing my current generation there as well, this world has no secrets for me. Well..., actually it does, because for some reason I can’t find myself to focus on discovering those darn islands! There’s just too much to do in this game. Anyway, I love this world and with the right adjustments (thank you ellacharmed and NRaas) and the occasional resetsim* it’s perfectly playable for me. Third, not second, because of the ridiculous routing issues.

4. Moonlight Falls
    Again, just the stage for a brief adventure, never actually played a sim’s life there. I think it’s ok, but to me it lacks the fairytale feel it should have. I expected something more LOTR like when they announced the pack, or at least more mysterious. For me it missed the mark really.

5. Twinbrook
    I’ve tried getting into this world, opening it to find potential, but though it has its amazing spots (the swamp area), I can’t help but finding this world underwhelming.

6. Starlight Shores
    Haven’t played here either, other than checking it out, but... yawn. I don’t get a Hollywood feeling there whatsoever (I believe that was the intention?).

Did this before reading other opinions to not be influenced :p Off to see how others feel about them and if I maybe should readjust some bias.

ETA: oops, didn’t realize it’s an old topic. Oh well, the subject still stands :mrgreen:

5JZ57S6.png
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Supernatural was the EP that sold me on The Sims, and Moonlight Falls remains a favorite world. My favorite small starter home is there, and I love a lot of the other builds like those huge, sprawling Queen Annes.

Twinbrook from Ambitions is my first runner-up.
  • jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    Of all the Expansion Packs - I would have to say Isla Paradiso is my favorite world with all the tropical plants and beaches. Then Twinbrook would be the runner up. I think of it as a Louisiana world with all the swamps.
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    edited January 2019
    1. Sunlight Tides because it's simply incredibly well made.
    2. Twinbrook because since it was released, it is the world where I've played the most. Totally in love with the Bayou!
    3. Midnight Hollow because ever since I use a special MH lighting mod, I've discovered the beauty of the houses! They are incredible!
    4. Monte Vista because I'm in love with Italy, and when you play in Monte Vista, you sometimes beleive it is for real.
    5. Bridgeport because I'm a country girl grown townie, that's why.
    6. Aurora Skies because of the Scandinavian feeling. I was born in Sweden, so it goes without saying that it's the perfect destination for my sims when I get homesick.
    NymlADp.jpg
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Twinbrooks! Mist, industrial sector, swamps!
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    That's hard to say, because my favorite EA world is a store world (Hidden Springs). Of the expansion pack worlds, I guess it's Moonlight Falls, because there are plenty of empty lots for adding in extra community venues and houses.
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited January 2019
    Of the expansion worlds my favorites are Twinbrook and Moonlight Falls.

ETA: I almost never play a world as it comes out of the box. I edit and/or replace many community lots by using combo rabbit holes and rabbit hole rugs or doors. I will also add features from other expansions to existing buildings such as pool tables and hot tubs. I will often remodel the residential lots. And I will often strip a town of the original residents and repopulate to my liking. Saying that I will admit I have never played Moonlight Falls with the original inhabitants but with the residential lots and many of the community lots remodeled or repurposed while I usually play Twinbrook with my household and most of the original inhabitants but with all the community and residential lots edited.

So the reason I like these towns is not because of the residents but because of the look and feel and layout of the town, even if I do edit many of the lots. :)
    Post edited by cwaddell on
  • LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    I can't decide. There's a lot that I like. If we're going with Expansion Pack worlds, then I'd go with Moonlight Falls because it's a very cute little town. I love the eccentric sims that inhabit it, and there's plenty of extra space to add in more houses and community lots. A close second would be Sunset Valley for its versatility and nostalgia.

For store worlds, I really like Riverview and Hidden Springs. Both have good templates for really making your own. I'm fond of Monte Vista as well for the vintage Italian setting it has.
  • KeiomestreKeiomestre Posts: 195 Member
    I only have 6 worlds, but the rank would be:
    1- Moonlight Falls - The world I spent the most time in. Townies are cool, places are nice and the atmosphere is awesome. I love how it's common for the air to be foggy and cloudy and the Sun rises later on these days.
    2- Bridgeport - It feels like playing a completely different game than in other towns.
    3- Appaloosa Plains/Sunset Valley/Twinbrook - I can't decide between these 3.
    6- Riverview
    ..... ..... ..... ..... My favorite Sims 3 family: THE ENFADONHOS!..... ..... ..... .....
    Vgfhu74.jpg
  • monjr8302monjr8302 Posts: 253 Member
    edited January 2019
    1. Appaloosa Plains-love the country setting & feel. Wish it was bigger though
    2. Sunset Valley-a bit partial to all the premade fams
    3. Hidden Springs-love the big map
    4. Riverview/Twinbrook
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I actually love all the worlds once I customize them to my liking, but these are my top favorites:

1. Isla Paradiso - Fixing this world to make it playable was never a chore for me - I actually enjoyed it and consider it part of the gameplay! It is such a beautifully breathtaking world with so much to do and explore. It has a lot of room to add more lots and move around existing ones to your liking. Also, I found that it is possible to discover all the eight islands in one lifetime. The key is to take part in all the activities exclusive to the expansion pack: play the lifeguard career, scuba dive on off days, boat around to take a closer look at all the fogged areas, become friends with mermaids, own and build your resort to five-star status, and fulfill the quests from the resort concierge desk. I also love the townies this comes with.
    2. Sunset Valley - The very first world everyone plays when they start out with The Sims 3. And I think the most well loved - it seems everything is placed perfectly and has lovable townies. I think they designed it in such a way that you can add a little of every other expansion pack to come. I found that the water level of the ocean is even deep enough to put in dive lots without having to deepen it with terrain tools.
    3. Riverview - I didn't like it at first and thought it was boring. But once I learned how flexible and customizable TS3 worlds are, and changed things in it to my liking (I even added diving lots!) that I actually fell in love with this world. It is one of my most played worlds now. Love the townies too. Also, oddly enough, I like using the Supernatural EP with this world and how everything transforms during the full moon!
    4. Roaring Heights - I love this world! It's Miami in the 1920's when there was a big boom in its development! I love the clothes and stuff it comes with for its era design. The ocean is also deep enough to add diving lots without having to deepen it with terrain tools so I love adding the Island Paradise EP stuff to this world. It has a large empty lot on one of the beaches that is ideal for resort building and plenty of space for all the beach and water activities. I really love the buildings as well. They are easier to work with unlike Bridgeport resident buildings because the living areas are often on the second floor with very wide stairways or on the ground floor - no elevators!
    5. Sunlit Tides - This is such a gorgeous world and the most relaxing to me. I love the items it comes with: the Polynesian style rabbit-hole buildings, furniture, hair, and clothes - even the modern residential lots, that I tend to use them in other worlds as well.
    6. Moonlight Falls - I love adding the Seasons EP to this world the most - it's just so beautiful in every season! I don't really like using this for supernatural stuff though. I'm thinking of adding a university to it but I have to read up more on how to do that. Then in combination with the supernatural stuff, it would be more interesting to me. Right now, I play it as a small cozy town for my sims to grow up in because sometimes that kind of simplicity is all I want!