Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin - Acquired content refuses to install - Solved!

jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
I don't know if I can get any help here, as this is an Origin related problem. I own everything EA has ever released for the sims 3, and after buying a new computer, there are an EP (seasons limited edition) and a stuff pack (70s, 80s and 90s Stuff) that don't install from Origin. My daughter had the Seasons disc, so that was OK, I guess, but I refuse to buy the stuff pack once again just because I can't download it. It shows as acquired and ready for download, but the download button just shivers and nothing happens.

I've contacted the help center, turned off the firewall and even uninstalled the antivirus going through repair and update, but to no avail. The problem is, I don't have much time to just sit down and chat with an advisor, I usually start the procedure - like now. But no one is answering, there's been twenty minutes of waiting for an advisor to start the chat, and in a half hour I must be back at school...

Got the advise from elsewhere - I cleared the Origin caches and the download started automatically when I restarted my computer!

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/
NymlADp.jpg
Post edited by jillbg on

Comments

• Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    I'm glad you finally got to install your content. But for what it's worth, Origin's cache was likely not the problem. This download issue surfaced in the middle of October, if not before, in both Windows and Mac OS. EA just fixed it in the most recent Origin patch, released on Monday or Tuesday. You can read the patch notes here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Origin-Patch-Notes/td-p/6355467

(Apparently someone thought the issue was contained to UL. But as a player who had SIX packs that wouldn't install, I can assure you that this was not the case. They all download now, though.)

I wish you'd posted this issue here before. Then I could have recommended all sorts of potential fixes that... probably wouldn't have helped either. (I might have spent way too much time unsuccessfully trying to troubleshoot.) Anyway, I'm happy to hear that everything works now.