Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who else dislikes Thorne Bailey?

Comments

• simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    edited January 2019
    simm621 wrote: »
    @simm621 Aww I've never seen that side of him before! I've just seen the other.... I really like that theory of Octavia... and the evidence to back it up could make this statement true. I think the thing stopping me believe this is that I can't forgive Thorne... but then again wouldn't he want to get away from Octavia so dating my sim would get him away? And he wouldn't want to tell her because she is demanding? I don't know! Great theory though :)
    I like to think he is just a good guy. He stays with her because being celebrities the family is very much in the public eye and scrutiny of the media and he wants a happy stable life for his son, and break ups are messy and he would stand to loose a lot if he left Octavia and that he probably respects her enough to not want to humiliate her? My current sim gives him the love and freedom he needs and as she's a vampire she has time to wait for him.

I like this theory, very stable too! Maybe this is it? Maybe not? Ahh if only a little bit of information could be revealed about sims each week/month and then finally we could be able to solve many of these sim mysteries!

I doubt they'll ever do that, they give us their backstories and that allows us to play them as we will given that tiny bit of knowledge.
    I think first impressions are a very big part of how we see those sims and that gives us the way we will feel about them. Like I said he was always good to my sims and those I have romanced with him he has been very good to and loving so I like him a lot.
    I have seen other people say they have had bad first experiences with him and that has them 'getting even' with him so they understandably dislike him a lot.
    I love this, cause no ever has the same experience with the same sims and it's fun to see what other's stories are.

Here's a little pic of him being an impulsive romantic :)
    sFXNTVz.png
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Seafoam_Green123Seafoam_Green123 Posts: 68 Member
    @simm621 Yes, on second thoughts I agree. I think its better being able to imagine the sims yourself... I think I'd be heartbroken anyway from what I would find about some of the townies! That is such a sweet picture too :)
    ( recommend me some good maxis clothes/ hair <3 )
    Also, may I ask a general question to all - how do I add an image if it appears like this when I copy it (Rosita Rouge Screenshot.png)
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Also, may I ask a general question to all - how do I add an image if it appears like this when I copy it (Rosita Rouge Screenshot.png)

I just add my pic to imgur and copy the bb code and paste it directly into the post.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
    Oh I see! Thank you :)
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    it might not have allowed you to do pictures earlier because i see you've rather recently become a member (there are a few hoops to jump through to reach that ranking and that's when you get to add pics to your comments, among other things)

as for how to do it, you want to click the third of the three icons as seen in this screenshot (they're just above where you type when you're making a comment)
    a1bf6cfe5772dfbe134f54d4ba1b49d5.png

dropping the link of your photo/screenshot there automatically adds the commands to either side to make it show up as an image. or, if you know those codes, you can type them out on either end, but that takes slightly more time
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    mika wrote: »
    He's obnoxious and uses his wife. I see him flirting with other Sims and being an attention-hog and it makes him an unlikable but entertaining Sim. I gave him a bad reputation and I'm considering having Octavi and her son leave him while he has to get his plum together

I had them divorce because Thorne wss tired of Octavia's juice problems and she was tired of writing all his songs.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

kalaksed wrote: »
    it might not have allowed you to do pictures earlier because i see you've rather recently become a member (there are a few hoops to jump through to reach that ranking and that's when you get to add pics to your comments, among other things)

as for how to do it, you want to click the third of the three icons as seen in this screenshot (they're just above where you type when you're making a comment)
    a1bf6cfe5772dfbe134f54d4ba1b49d5.png

dropping the link of your photo/screenshot there automatically adds the commands to either side to make it show up as an image. or, if you know those codes, you can type them out on either end, but that takes slightly more time

Hi thanks! Just which code to do I copy for instance off photo box?

@citysimmer hmmm... sounds like a good idea. They both weren't that compatible in my opinion, well behind closed doors at least
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    He's the best, in my game. He recognized my sim at a restaurant and my sim is only at 1 star. XD But he remembered him from taking a selfie with my sim before my sim even got the 1 star. I thought that was pretty cool.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    He only annoyed me when he won an award instead of my actress Sim. But then he went and died of old age, so that won't happen again.

At least... I don't think it can. Now I'm wondering about the next awards ceremony.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • cyberlucy1965cyberlucy1965 Posts: 397 Member
    You should watch The Sims Supply's Let's Plays featuring this Sim. It's hysterical. He hates Thorne and ruins his life.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I have mixed emotions about Thorne Bailey.....sometimes I dislike him, & sometimes I like him.

In my vampire Save, he is so obnoxious and hogs the spotlight, that my vampire Sim will feed from him or mesmerize him just so her daughter can get a little spotlight
    pki5TCD.png
    Here's a pic of Kelsi taking a deep drink from Thorne while her daughter Lyric plays the violin
    & then mesmerizing him when he woke up:
    khqzCgV.png

But then in my other Save....Thorne is married to my Sim Dulce Salas:
    They had a lovely wedding:
    p4Ab5eQ.png
    pjMqrkK.png
    & he's just such a family guy....spending time with wife & their daughter Sienna:
    IUYvMjn.png
  • IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    My sim had a brief affair with him but I didn't like him so she stayed with Paolo Rocca. I find him annoying.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    The backstory to him seems to be that he is a celebrity with no real talent but rides on Octavia's success. Funny thing though, when I started playing him I thought he was actually a really nice guy and Octavia was the one who was annoying, mostly because of her juice enthusiast quirk who is bugged and never goes away.
    I had no idea what to do with their kid though, he has no room in the house and wears some strange clothes and is...famous? For what?
    You should watch The Sims Supply's Let's Plays featuring this Sim. It's hysterical. He hates Thorne and ruins his life.

Can't watch videos atm, but I bookmarked it on YouTube. Looks amusing. :)
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
    @DeKay See when I hear things like that I feel awful I dislike him... I just have to remember what he's done in the past...
    @katrinasforest You say that so simply!
    But then he went and died of old age, so that won't happen again.
    I'd be happy for him to die of old age because its not too brutal but then he's GONE. Hopefully he dies before Clarice because he deserves it :)
    @cyberlucy1965 I'll give it a go! Sounds cool.... THORNE BAILEY WILL SUFFER MWAH HA HA HAAAA (little evil but any who :D)
    @Sha2520032003 Thats actually pretty interesting! For the fun of it I'm going to make another save and see what happens... will be keeping you updated :) I love the idea of using her powers on Thorne to get more famous and get him out of the way to stop hogging the spotlight Also loving the photos. See this is proof Thorne can be good and bad! Dulce is so pretty btw... I love her!
    @IrishSimmer21 The feeling is mutual :)
    @logion I quite like Orange, if you look past his muscles and steady figure and get to know him he is really nice! I guess celebrity kids do get famous when their parents are! I know where you are coming from though
    Does nobody think that the quote "I'm not saying you are a bad friend, you just are a bad friend to me" comes into play here? :D
    @Seafoam_Green123 I tend to play vampire families with aging set to normal or short for everyone. So NPCs dying of old age is kind of a regular occurrence in my game.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    edited January 2019
    Thanks @Seafoam_Green123!!!! Yeah my vampires use their powers on all the celebs that get in the way of them trying to achieve fame. Usually just Thorne though lol. I actually love him in my other Save where he's married to my Sim, Dulce. I see him differently when I play him....a little eccentric, but an overall good dude. I love his son Orange though! My Gen 5 heir in my Legacy Challenge, married Orange and they had 5 kids together. That's been my favorite generation to play for sure & it was so fun to see "Grandpa Thorne Bailey" in action with his grandchildren, as I do see him as such a family man, despite how he is in public :) I talk about these virtual characters like they real people....sorry about that lol.
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I'm indifferent with him. I always found celebrities annoying as they always create a disturbance everywhere they go, you cannot go to their houses, and you cannot talk to them. I didn't like it in TS3 and I don't like it in TS4. I still have a grudge against Matthew Hamming for getting me kicked out of a bar in Bridgeport every time he shows up. I once tried to get my evil sim to beat him up and she followed him home but his house has a gate.
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited January 2019
    Havent been bothered by him and he's gorgeous to me. Might have one of my sims marry him.

**Scratch that!** he has a wife :'(<3 I'd delete a premade family before I edit the family structure.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • CorenrenCorenren Posts: 592 Member
    I dislike him and Octavia. My sim ended up falling in love with him. They never made it official. Octavia found out after my sim got preggo with his kid. Then Thorne and Octavia got a divorce. Thorne moved out to some random house in Del Sol Valley. He drops by my sims house every so often to see his baby and tries to seduce my sim. Idk where this all will lead but I'm enjoying the touch of drama in my game.
    2ynjgg8.png
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    I used to like him for his design. But then he decided to pull down his pants and use the toilet while my sim was streaming in the washroom. That was just so unexpected, I couldn't help but love him for it.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    Thorne Bailey just loves the spotlight too much I find him annoying.