Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What types of businesses do your Sims run?

2...Next

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    My Sim is Self-Employed. He's a singer, Global Superstar and doing quite well.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I have a bakery currently and I am thinking that one of my families kids are gonna become a vet.... But that's all I have currently lol
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I have one family that runs a restaurant.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    My Sim is an archaeologist, so he is running a Relics and Gems retail store. I usually do bakeries or pretty much the same type of retail store so I'm really have fun with this one. He also got famous by donating to the museum and is level 4 in fame, which I didn't plan on or even know it was a thing to get famous from.
    I also had my Sim open a vet clinic, which I haven't played too much but enjoy.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,660 Member
    Interesting thread, I'll have to check back, later.

I have some businesses, but mostly I play each one for a while, then it becomes rather passive.

I have a couple shopping malls, each containing multiple stores, but of course you have to pick just one lot category which limits the use of variety. One is categorized as Retail, another is basically a Café with the other stores as decor.

One sim owns a Gallery (categorized as Retail), the idea is that she allows 4 different artists to display their work in each of the 4 gallery main rooms. It needs my imagination, but gives her gallery a certain status.

Several sims run restaurants.

Got more ideas, but mostly creative ideas got into home businesses, where a lot of the activity and income is imaginary or cheated, even.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited January 2019
    At the moment I have an android store (the robots, not the phones). It utilizes mannequins to represent the merchandise and also sells some repair and laboratory items.

Also a pizzeria and a McDonalds, although technically they are GTW bakeries. I mostly play these as the customer, switching to the owner only when I wish to change the menu. They have a genuine fast food store vibe to them, with customers coming in, hanging around while waiting for their food and only a few (my played sims) eating their meals on site.
  • AmbyCakesAmbyCakes Posts: 32 Member
    Cute Vet Clinic
    I have an alien fashion designer who owns a clothing boutique
    My character owns a cafe
    I am thinking about opening up a tincture/herbal shop since I have a witchy character in my universe! :)

Not really a business, but a few nights ago I turned the library in Willow Creek into a cat friendly cafe/library/internet cafe haha It's really cozy and hipstery XD
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    My sim Tiffani ran a nice little bakery in Windenburg. Now that she’s passed I don’t know what to do with it..
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    One of my family’s runs vet clinic. Parents died, now their son is running it. He’s waiting for his son to grow up to become veterinarian too. He almost lost hope to have a son, because he had 3 girls before getting his wish to have a son.