Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Active Careers would you like to see in TS4?

I really enjoy the active careers added with GTW and GF, and was wondering if they might add more of them in future packs. I would really enjoy if we got the Architectural Designer career back. I loved decoring other Sims houses. I also miss the Day Care profession from Generations. I think both careers could be easily included in the game, even through a free update, since they don't require much.

What other active careers would you like to see in Sims 4? I guess they wont release another pack based on that, like Get to Work part 2, but they might add some in updates, like the Style Influencer, or in other themed packs, like the acting career in GF, so it's possible we get new ones.

Comments

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Since Dine Out destroyed my chance of ever having one of my Sims work as a waiter the only other 2 active careers I'd want to see is military and bands besides that I don't really care what's added unless they ever added mayor from the survey where you could change your worlds and set rules for them.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    I'd like to be able to work in our retirement stores. Like when a sim owns a business, the whole family can manage it. But that doesn't make sense. Literal 5 year olds can hire and fire. Why can't a kid work part time at their family's restaurant, and earn some cash?
    Or their neighbors own a clothing shop, and are hiring clerks.
    Like #1 employees need to start ACTUALLY Doing the job we hire them for.
    2. The whole family shouldn't have access to the business unless you toggle that.
    3. You should be able to make one sim, and have another work for them. Not just randomized hiring of townies and unplayed sims.

We should also be able to truly take control of our so called "active careers". I can be a doctor, but only if I work at the hospital? And I can't build a hospital. Or police station, or science lab and have it function as one.

Maybe my genius sim already made all the discovery they wanted to make, and now want to foster that chance in other sims. And make money off them by owning, and running, a lab subsidized by the government. While they sail the world on their houseboat and flirt with mermaids in the ocean.

Babysitting was great accept it was at your house. Can I own a daycare building, and only run one in my home if I want to? Can it be next door. Or give me a multipurpose lot, and I can build one on the side of my house, that only works as one when I open it in the morning. And I could have trained workers, and teen assistants. We could be the hub that the teens get part-time work from. A veritable care.dom.

You know? Functionality that improves what we do have b4 we get more. But that keeps rabbit holes as options for when we don't want to put in the effort.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Daycare.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
    Owning a daycare that can be run like a business, with reviews and achievements. It should be run outside of the home.
  • The_RatticatorThe_Ratticator Posts: 28 Member
    I'd honestly prefer it if they added the option to work from home for other careers. For some of them, I can see why an option to work from home wouldn't really work, but for others? I could easily see it working. Off the top of my head, the painter, writer, and tech guru careers come to mind. And yes, admittedly part of my desire to be able to work from home for other careers has to do with my dislike of chance cards. I really wish that they hadn't removed the ignore button from them.
  • yowutupdoeyowutupdoe Posts: 18 Member
    Yo there should be a school expantion pack where u can be a teacher or princeple and/or be a student(if teen or kid) cause the mod dosnt wrk rlly well to be honost
  • GingerCharlotteZGingerCharlotteZ Posts: 3 New Member
    I would love to see a farming expansion pack, with horses like in TS3! I wish they would bring that back. I’m an equestrian rider, I’d love to see a game pack or expansion pack that’s rustic like the laundry day pack, but with horses, build barns/ranches, horse races 🐎
  • SarahTheRedSarahTheRed Posts: 388 Member
    I'd like farming, with larger grid size planting tools, and the ability to hire workers. With some farm animals of course. They'd have to create a new world with larger lots. Maybe lots with adjacent farming plots. I loved Sim Farm as a kid and livestock was my favorite, enjoy Stardew Valley today. Chickens, pigs, cows, horses, breeding and selling.

Education pack, active career with go to school option for children and teens.

Tabletop/Board Game/Vintage Arcade pack.

Yard Sale stuff pack. Shabby buy mode items, eclectic and weird stuff. Like a Velvet Elvis painting. Expanded yard sale capabilities.

Ability to own and operate a wider variety of venues.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Daycare, Interior Designer & Teacher
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    As others have mentioned, an active day care career for adults would be neat, and also quite easy to set up: You're in a house with a bunch of babies, toddlers, and/or children, and your tasks include working on their skills and character values, helping them with homework and so on, while also keeping everyone fed and entertained. Sadly, I don't think we'll ever get this because the best opportunity to release it (Parenthood) has already passed.

On top of that, I've always wanted at least one job that focuses on the Handiness skill, and I can see that working well as an active career, too: As a mechanic, you spend most of your time at the office doing the usual active career stuff as well as crafting wooden furniture and upgrading appliances that your company sells, but similar to a doctor, you also make house calls and repair or upgrade objects as requested.

I can imagine a couple of magic jobs coming with Witches, but I won't get into that now because I'm afraid I'll get carried away too quickly...
  • Captain_CCaptain_C Posts: 180 Member
    An employment agency career. :P Just kidding, probably supernatural jobs.
    Until next time!

Take care all!

- C

giphy.gif
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited January 2019
    When we get a University or Education Pack, I'd like to see the experience from both ends, As a professor, to the Dean, to a Coach, and maybe even the Head Master. as well as the Student's Perspective.
    Once your sim becomes Head Master You may rename the school (Rename the World)
    Pick the school colors, Mascot, Most Praised Sport.

As the student you pick out classes, maybe join clubs, Fraternity, Sororities, Sport teams, and then as a class, or student body you drive the "face of the School. What it becomes, an Ivy league School, the "Party" School, maybe both.

It would kind of fall under self employment, I would Like to see Magic/Supernatural Hunting,
    from Ghosts to Vampires, Werewolves, Sorcerers, all of them.
    I mean it's no different from Being a Scientist and Detective careers, it's actually both of those combined.
    Keeping Supernatural Prisoners, Questioning them mercilessly and Experimenting on them.
    the only thing I don't want to see is the game choosing random supernaturals from played Households as prisoners.
    We could have things like Archery, Net Launchers, Phantom Vacuum, Photon Cannons.
    and before I get a bunch of unnecessary annoying warnings that say "The Devs will never allow weapons it goes against the ratings!"
    Bruh, these weapons I've listed We've had in the Sims 3, Freeplay and Sims 4 already.
    these are just ways of capturing, stunning, and or knocking out sims.

I'm on board with the Farming Pack, A world with wide open land, Maybe French, Italian landscape. I do want to plow, design and grow the fields myself. I think there's something sentimental about sowing the first seeds that my sims should do, instead of having a pre made/pre grown farm. I have a beautiful design for the Orchards, Vineyards, the Wheat/Corn Maze, the Winery, and Brewery. I already have a Few Stables set up for Cows, Pigs, and Goats. My big Chateau looking over looking the farm. Back to the winery and brewery, It would fit well with Get together and Dine Out, and Get to Work, Crafting, Barreling, Aging, and Naming Wine and Beer, and selling it to restaurants, or sell/serve it yourself.

I still want Politics, whatever City Living did, that ain't it.
    I built a City Hall and everything, to become Governor of my City, appoint my Treasurer, Secretary, and building the Council a Network of City Officials. why I'm pushing for another city world, one that looks good. City Living was good, the content was good, it's just San Myshuno is modern, I hate modern.
    give me something like Montreal, Vancouver, Providence, Boston, NYC.

Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    I want to work as a butler/maid/gardener, and have other playable Sims be able to hire me. It would also be kinda fun to have a pizza parlor as an active career, where you could make pizzas, and also do deliveries as well (kinda like the officer going on patrol). This could also get fun if flirty or non-committal customers could try to "pay another way..."
    I also wouldn't mind if they expanded the Culinary/Mixologist and Comedian/Musician careers to be active once they split. That way, you could get the fun of actually going to bars and restaurants and working as those NPCs during your shift.
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Definitely a teacher career. And a reporter maybe. I'd love it if we had an active criminal career. That would be fun.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • kippy300kippy300 Posts: 24 Member

I'd like to see teachers & University Professors; Journalists, Lawyers
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    Working on a farm with cows, chickens, pigs, goats, etc.
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    My Sims in my main family are all Start-up Geniuses, so, I'd love to see what Rainy Day entertainment looks like :)!

I'm not sure which new active careers I would pick.
    4kkjdXo.png

• jupkmnjupkmn Posts: 98 Member
    When the expansion pack with the possibility to own a restaurant was released, I was excited and started to plan for my sim that was level 10 in the culinary career to have her own her restaurant and be a chef... it was so delusional lol
    So now I really want an active culinary-related career.
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Firefighters, Military, & I think an active Criminal Career would be cool.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • LesejbLesejb Posts: 15 Member
    I would like to have a active farm with cows, chickens and pigs. Daycare would also be nice to have. I also wouldn't mind being a maid or cook for the rich and famous...
  • Junebug6620Junebug6620 Posts: 418 Member
    I would like to see a farm again-with all of the animals--especially sheep this time, goats & chickens. And/or a Horse farm or stables. Something where we could really interact with the horses again. Or make your Sim a horse trainer? How about fast food restaurants? Where you could work there? (And actually, make them fast!) I like the idea of a pizza deliverer--but then you would have to have a pizza parlor to go to also. I would love to see a working zoo--where a sim could work there in different areas--or go there with friends to see all of the animals! How about a forest ranger? Have them do everything such as booking cabins/tents, keeping the camp area clean/ throwing social weenie roasts, finding lost Sims, giving first aid to campers, selling camping gear/clothing, chasing off or keeping at bay wild animals, stocking lakes with fish, etc.

How about a dancing career? Where you could do it singly or with a partner? Like ballroom dancing competitions, ballet, tap, modern, etc? I also really like the idea of an interior designer or decorator. Maybe even a construction worker?

Then again, I really wish they would/could bring back cars, and add planes & trains too. That would give you some more jobs to do!

I had better stop there! LOL. I could go on for a long time. :)
    MasonGamer wrote: »

It would kind of fall under self employment, I would Like to see Magic/Supernatural Hunting,
    from Ghosts to Vampires, Werewolves, Sorcerers, all of them.
    I mean it's no different from Being a Scientist and Detective careers, it's actually both of those combined.
    Keeping Supernatural Prisoners, Questioning them mercilessly and Experimenting on them.
    the only thing I don't want to see is the game choosing random supernaturals from played Households as prisoners.
    We could have things like Archery, Net Launchers, Phantom Vacuum, Photon Cannons.
    and before I get a bunch of unnecessary annoying warnings that say "The Devs will never allow weapons it goes against the ratings!"
    Bruh, these weapons I've listed We've had in the Sims 3, Freeplay and Sims 4 already.
    these are just ways of capturing, stunning, and or knocking out sims.

I'm on board with the Farming Pack, A world with wide open land, Maybe French, Italian landscape. I do want to plow, design and grow the fields myself. I think there's something sentimental about sowing the first seeds that my sims should do, instead of having a pre made/pre grown farm. I have a beautiful design for the Orchards, Vineyards, the Wheat/Corn Maze, the Winery, and Brewery. I already have a Few Stables set up for Cows, Pigs, and Goats. My big Chateau looking over looking the farm.

Love these 2 ideas!! Especially the French, Italian landscape! Sounds gorgeous! Maybe add the grape drink (can't say "wine") thing back in again--more detail this time though.

Yard Sale stuff pack. Shabby buy mode items, eclectic and weird stuff. Like a Velvet Elvis painting. Expanded yard sale capabilities.

This is an awesome idea too! Wouldn't it be wonderful to make some money on having a yard sale or garage sale?! Get rid of your old, used stuff and junk! LOL
  • Shira3000Shira3000 Posts: 348 Member
    Definitely teachers, university professors/students, hotel owners...
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    Definitely a teacher career. And a reporter maybe. I'd love it if we had an active criminal career. That would be fun.

Imagine the fun Tony would have then, @Maladi777. ;)
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest