Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your favourite world?

Comments

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    Windenburg
    Windenburg is my absolute favorite, the old town and the island are fantastic.
    Brindleton Bay is a close second. I like the feel of this world.
    I occasionally use willow creek and oasis springs.
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Brindleton Bay
    Brindleton Bay - I voted as number one. It reminds me of sleepy small towns in the area I live around (Canada). It looks amazing with the seasons (especially the autumn). I love it for families and I'm mainly a family player.

Willow Creek - This would rank number two for me. I love the Victorian feel of the area and it reminds me of a small town that was established when Victorian houses were in. Again - great for family style play.

Newcrest - Newcrest is third because I love that I can do whatever I want with the neighborhood. It is a great suburbia type neighborhood for families.

Magnolia Promenade - This is fourth - I make it a restaurant boulevard in most of my saves and it is the perfect size for it. Four restaurants is just enough to get some variety in the food served.

Windenburg - Windenburg is a cute neighborhood - but doesn't fit the style of the neighborhoods above. Yes - I could delete the neighborhood and re-do but that takes a while. I do enjoy playing it for certain saves as it has more of a European feel to it.

Oasis Spring - I'm not a fan of the desert. It doesn't fit with all the other neighborhoods and stands out like a sore thumb if you are playing it while playing the others as well. But I understand why it is in the game. It would be kind of neat if they gave you the option of making all the neighborhoods desert or lush.

San Myshuno - I'm not a city player and don't play with apartments. Again - I understand why it is in the game but it isn't for me. City Living also gave my game quite a few bugs so I'm a bit biased. And now all my townies are Asian oriented names and looks, and I'm a fan of diversity and playing with genetics.

Fogotten Hollow - Don't own this world.

Del Sol Valley - Don't own this world.

• ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    San Myshuno
    San Myshuno. Apartments > Houses
  • ChelsPlaySimsChelsPlaySims Posts: 94 Member
    Brindleton Bay
    Brindleton Bay is by far my favorite! I absolutely love the coastal New England theme. It looks so pretty in all seasons and it reminds of Martha's Vineyard, an island I go to every year. To me, it has everything and keeps my game interesting: the harbour, the island, the town, the beaches, etc.

Then it would be San Myshuno, Windenburg, Willow Creek, and I don't really play with the other worlds.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    San Myshuno
    I looove san myshuno so much. Windenburg is my second favorite.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Brindleton Bay
    Fun fact my favorite world is Brindleton Bay, but I've never actually lived there
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Newcrest
    Newcrest but only because I like building houses in it. I'm getting fond of Willow Creek though because I have managed to create my uk suburbs with it, getting rid of everything Maxis.

For beauty and play, Brindleton Bay followed by Windenberg.

For background in game: Del Sol Valley.
  • KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    Oasis Springs
    Idk why, but when I create a new household to play I chose Oasis Springs almost every time. Maybe I’d chose S.M. more often but I don’t care for the way the camera drops to the street if you accidentally move it too far, random people constantly coming inside, or some of the lot traits you can’t remove.
  • ThenyoukissmeThenyoukissme Posts: 304 Member
    I like Selvadorada
  • SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    Brindleton Bay
    Brindleton Bay takes my top spot because I just love the nautical feel. Always puts me in a positive mood!
  • emilysemilys Posts: 24 Member
    Oasis Springs
    As an alien and scientist lover, Oasis Springs is great. Certainly has some interesting features, and overall I enjoy the base architecture and spread of types of lots!
    Ratpicklerick.png
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    Windenburg
    Windenberg because it has plenty of lots, different neighborhoods, and all seasons look great.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Windenburg
    Okay, time to answer my own question. Two of the best worlds are actually missing from the poll because, as I said, I was limited to 10 options and, with a heavy heart, decided to leave out the vacation destinations. So here's my personal list, from favourite to least favourite residential world:

1. Windenburg
    Very big and varied, no neighbourhood looks like another. The weather is also quite rich in variety, I'd say it's the go-to world for those who want to experience all seasons to the fullest. My favourite neighbourhood is probably the rural one, least favourite the modern district, which I still like, though.

2. Forgotten Hollow
    The foggy, mysterious atmosphere perfectly suits my taste, and the absence of buildings in the backdrop makes it possible to turn this world into whatever you wish. The only problem is its small size; it would be at the top of this list if it was just a little bigger.

3. Willow Creek
    I love the overall look and how it's so clearly divided into rich, middle-class, and commercial districts. Too bad I never see the sun there anymore since Seasons.

4. Oasis Springs
    I don't remember when I discovered my love for deserts; must have been around the time I played the Nevada levels of Tomb Raider III. I couldn't live in Oasis Springs in real life because my body isn't built to withstand heat, but in The Sims, I'd like to see more worlds of this kind.

5. Brindleton Bay
    When I first saw this world in the gurus' livestreams, I immediately started making mooneyes at it, but it was a rather short flirt. It's a decent world, I'm just not a big fan of the coastal theme, and I wish there were more interesting things to discover on the island with the lighthouse.

6. Del Sol Valley
    Another great world that suffers from being too small, especially Mirage Park with its oddly sized lots, and personally, I find the premade buildings and the entirety of the Pinnacles absolutely hideous. Starlight Boulevard is pretty cool, though.

7. Newcrest
    While it was a great idea to patch in more empty space for early players who quickly ran out if it, the world itself is rather unspectacular, lacking the uniqueness found in most of the others. I do like it and have families there, I just don't think of it as special.

8. San Myshuno
    Ranking this one so low is surely my most unpopular opinion in this post. Unlike Newcrest, this world is teeming with unique charm, just none of the kind that I find particularly appealing. Living in a big city myself, I prefer to see different settings in my game.

9. Magnolia Promenade
    Not much to say here - not much to see either. Putting the hospital and police station on the map at least, despite them not being accessible from there, would have benefitted this world in my opinion, even though it would probably still be at the bottom of my list.

Now EA, please give me a big, eerily beautiful magic forest world to dethrone Windenburg!
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    Forgotten Hollow
    Wow, @GrumpyGlowfish. I think my rankings line up with yours almost exactly. I did vote Forgotten Hollow first, only for the practical use of having shorter days and longer nights there. But design-wise, I can't deny Windenburg is my favorite. And I agree with a lot of your points on why you rated the worlds as you did. I think the only exception would be San Myshuno. I love the apartments and the festivals and how you can just walk right down to whatever's going on. (Of course, I also live in the middle of nowhere, so makes sense a cityscape would have that, "Oo! Shiny and different!" appeal to me.) ^_^;;

I only just got Cats and Dogs, so I haven't had much opportunity to explore Brindleton Bay yet, but it looks lovely so far. Hard to say if I like it more or less than San Myshuno.

Yes! A magical forest would be great. Basically just jumbo size Sylvan Glade and make it livable, and I will be super happy. :)
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • jupkmnjupkmn Posts: 98 Member
    San Myshuno
    I really love the big city atmosphere, so yeah, San Myshuno for sure.
  • dfstonedfstone Posts: 215 Member
    edited January 2019
    My take:

1. Del Sol Valley is my favorite. The detail is great, they really nailed down that LA vibe. I just wish it had a couple of more lots to play with.
    2. Oasis Springs is my second favorite because I really love that retro 60s look of the buildings but the desert look gets boring.
    3. San Myshuno because its the only city, but its very constrained. It feels like disney world. Look but don't touch.
    4. Forgotten Hollow because I love the look of it, since its the only world that isn't bright and cheery, but its WAY too small.
    5. Windenburg is really gorgeous but its so empty. Vast useless tracks of empty space.
    6. Brindelton Bay has some great detail and really pulled in that New England vibe but I can't stand all the pets roaming around everywhere.
    7. Willow Creek, Newcrest, Magnolia Promenade should all be merged into a single world IMO. They are basically the same world in different sizes. And I just don't care for that whole southern charm vibe. Its not my thing.

The worlds in the Sims 4 are just too small in general. I do miss how massive the worlds in Sims 3 were. Your options felt endless for world building. Sims 4 feels like you're stuck in a box.
    Post edited by dfstone on
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    Atmosphere aside, Newcrest and Willow Creek offer the most decent amount of lots to choose from. The other worlds have few options.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • 0xx_Simmer_xx00xx_Simmer_xx0 Posts: 196 Member
    Windenburg
    Definitely Windenburg! I love the European feel and the scenery around houses. There's a variety of lots, too.
  • metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 536 Member
    San Myshuno
    Wow, I didn't expect so many fans of windemburg. For me, it's San Myshuno. I love all of it.
    Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
  • PenguinColadaPenguinColada Posts: 76 Member
    Windenburg
    There's just something about Windenburg that I absolutely love. I enjoy the style of the houses and the establishments.
    nwNhIHG.png
    Origin ID: FancyPatsyCat
  • The_RatticatorThe_Ratticator Posts: 28 Member
    San Myshuno
    I'm having a hard time picking between three worlds: Windenburg, Brindleton Bay, or San Myshuno. They each have different things to love about them. Windenburg is really spacious and everything is beautifully designed. Brindleton Bay is the only world where strays spawn and it is also designed wonderfully. And San Myshuno has apartments, food stalls, and ready access to the festivals. Ultimately, though, I think I have to go with San Myshuno.
  • MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    Windenburg
    The European architecture is stunning, and the reason I probably favor Windenburg because I grew up surrounded by European architecture, and it’s just so pretty! Also, it’s so interactive and there are so many places to go I just really like it :)
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    Wow, I didn't expect so many fans of windemburg. For me, it's San Myshuno. I love all of it.

San Myshuno doesnt have fields of grass or lots of nature. Some prefer mother nature over concrete and skyscrapers :p@metalfenix_Raf
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    Magnolia Promenade
    I picked Windenburg, but really I see them as flavors of ice cream. There all good.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Windenburg
    Windenburg. On the island.