Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your Perfect Sims Game

RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
There’s been a lot of talk about the potential of a Sims 5 game around here lately, and it has me thinking: what does the hypothetically perfect Sims game look like to you guys?

For me personally I would start off with the focus being on the sims themselves. Make them unique, make them complicated, but most importantly make them interesting.

Each trait should make them behave differently and react to their surroundings in unique ways (They kind of have this is Sims 4 but it’s surface level). Have their traits change how they autonomously act. A bookworm sim would be reading during their downtime, a social sim could be finding the nearest sim to chat with.

Make relationships more complicated and bring in a compatibility and reputation system. Likes and dislikes would also bring in more depth, and include fear in the emotions with specific fears we can choose to give our sims.

This is complicated, but bring in basic motivations that influence the sims decisions. If you’ve ever looked into the Enneagram, it describes the 9 basic motivations behind people’s actions (1-Doing the right thing, morals, ethics, fairness. 2-Love, relationships, being needed, helping others. 3-Achievements, titles, promotions, recognition. 4-Being special, unique, different, having purpose. 5-Knowledge, data, learning, education. 6-Safety, security, fear, comfort. 7-Fun, variety, options, adventure. 8-Challenges, control, power, justice. 9-Peace, harmony, collaborating with others.) This could be a core trait separate from other traits and would influence how the sim expresses them. So say a 3 sim with the bookworm trait would only read books that were popular or would make them look good and they could brag about the different books they’ve read. Again, complicated, but it would add a layer of personality that would make the sims more realistic.

As for the worlds, I like the option to jump from one world to another in Sims 4. But I would also like to see open neighborhoods so we can visit neighboring lots without a loading screen. Also no rabbit holes. I like how I can visit every lot on the map in the Sims 4. Some jobs could be rabbit holes, but it would be nice to make more open or semi-open careers so I could follow my sims to work if I wanted.

I’d love to be able to also choose the time period I’m playing in, but those could be expansions.

At the very least make cell phones optional and goals for adults and children that can be accomplished without modern technology.

Ultimately the perfect Sims game for me comes down to customization; allow each player to make their game as unique or realistic as they like. Bring in the toggle options from Sims 3 and CAW.

I could keep going, but I’ll open it up to you. What does the perfect Sim game look to you? I’m thinking base game, but you could include expansions you’d like to see as well. It doesn’t have to be realistic, we’re dreaming here and sharing ideas, so go as wild as you like.
Post edited by RememberJoy on

Comments

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    edited January 2019
    For me, the perfect sims game gives the players more customization options (sims, lots, worlds, and maybe even change how the game plays out), gives players a choice between open and closed worlds, and allows both rotational and non-rotational play.

Here are some of my complaints about the existing games:
    • The Sims 1: I have no complaints as the main problems have been fixed in the next game.
    • The Sims 2: I don't like how easy it is to corrupt the game. Just by deleting sims and graves can easily cause it.
    • The Sims 3: The game crashes often. Also it is hard to play rotationally without the retired sim getting another job.
    • The Sims 4: A lot of bugs and DLC.

However, I'd also like to bring out what I like about each game:
    The Sims
    • I like Superstar and Makin' Magic expansion packs.
    • This game is great if I want some challenge. It would be great if you can change the need difficulty (how fast the needs decay).
    • Children can take care of the babies.
    • The saving and loading is really quick. Just click and usually it takes about or less than a second to save or load.
    The Sims 2
    • Sims age and have limited time.
    • Testingcheats give a lot of options (But some may lead to corruption).
    • With the game players get a program called BodyShop where clothing, hair, make up etc can be created.
    • With wants there were fears that added extra challenge.
    • Story mode aka picture album. I like The Sims 2's more. Even the neighborhood has one.
    • Ability to create a neighborhood by choosing a terrain with road layout.
    The Sims 3
    • While yes, it can cause problems, open world was amazing. I was overwhelmed when my sims could go anywhere without loading screens.
    • May be a small detail, but I like how the gravestones display the cause of death. Also how sims get different gravestone/urn depending on how many lifetime happiness points they've got.
    • Slow needs, so the game should be easy (except when the household members are in the seperate places).
    • I love creating worlds with Create a World program.
    • The create a style was an awesome to have feature, but it would have been great if players could put the picures on clothing/furniture themselves.
    • Ability to set the lifespan however you want.
    • Memories are pictures that you can look at. Ability to create custom memories.
    The Sims 4
    • Many features from expansion packs like clubs, vampires, fame, and character values.
    • I love that there are filters in CAS and build mode and how you can just search for the item in the build mode.
    • CAS and build mode are easy to use.
    • While the world isn't really open any more, the loading screens are faster than in The Sims 2 (unless the save is old).
    • Manage Households in manage worlds: I can create new sims and to existing households and change townies.
    • Toddlers

These were the things I liked in the existing games. While yes, the one second loading and saving is really difficult, hopefully the others can be put in The Sims 5 (unless it causes the game to crash often).
  • Options
    barracuda1574barracuda1574 Posts: 115 Member
    Sims 2 with updated graphics, Vampires like Sims 4.
  • Options
    NovuNovu Posts: 21 Member
    Someone mentioned they wanted ~layered clothing~ which is great idea but it would require a total redesign of CAS. It should be in the bucket list of features that come with Sims 5.

More ages with more realistic lifespans:
    infant (under 2)
    toddler (2 to 4)
    child (5 to 9)
    tween (10 to 13)
    teenager (14 to 17)
    young adult (18 to 26)
    adult (27 to 39)
    midlife (40 to 64)
    Senior (65 +)
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member

Yes! This! <3

Plus some new surprises, better occults, and more of the fantastical. And Sims 4's toddlers because Sims 2's screamed too much. :s
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey folks, I've moved this to Rumors/Spec - while this isn't speculating per say, it's not really Sims 4 specific and more about a hypothetical personal "perfect" Sims game. Considering this, this feels like a little bit of a more appropriate category, even if it's not perfect. Carry on~
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    A perfect Sims game would be even better than TS3 :smile:

Also @EA_Cian I like the fact that we can actually speculate about TS5 now rather than just lose our threads to some obscure section of the forums :wink:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited January 2019
    I
    LiELF wrote: »

Yes! This! <3

Plus some new surprises, better occults, and more of the fantastical. And Sims 4's toddlers because Sims 2's screamed too much. :s

I liked sims 2 toddlers..... lol and sims 2 babies.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Regarding the actual Sims, I wouldn't mind a combination of TS2 and TS3. Favorites, likes/dislikes, star signs, turns on/offs (attraction system in general) and more traits than we get now in TS4.

I also kinda wish they'd go back to world building like we had in TS2/3 where it felt like we were entering some sort of show or movie in progress (Where's Bella? The Capp-Monty feud, etc...)

I don't really care about babies, but just free the babies so I don't have to hear about it anymore.

I like the current age system we have now. Baby, Toddler, Child, Teen, YA, Adult, Elder. Anything else would just be a waste to me.

I want the old system of occults being added/expanded in every pack. I want weirdness and occults in every pack. Yeah it's a life simulator but why does it have to completely mimic real life? I can go live real life and not play the game. And I do NOT want occults to only be temporary like plantsims are now.

A combination of TS2/3 memory system where we get automatic memories with breakups/births/marriage etc... but also custom ones if we wanted.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I completely agree with the OP the most important thing about a new Sims game is the Sims themselves which is why I love Sims 2 the Sims do not all act the same... The perfect Sims game would mostly be Sims 2 with updated graphics and taking a few improved or new features from Sims 3 and 4.

From Sims 3...
    CAST
    Horses
    Body hair

From Sims 4...
    CAS
    Holidays + Calendar
    Clubs
    Building made easier
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    wiredhanna67wiredhanna67 Posts: 402 Member
    My idea for the "perfect sims game"
    *might be long but lots of ideas*

Base Game:
    Seasons already! Tired of having to wait years for seasons to come out and have to re-buy it!
    Thunderstorms that can cause power outages and snow storms causing the same thing!
    I'd like hot chocolate to and for my sims to be able to have drinks with their meals instead of only getting drinks at a restaurant!

More life stages with toddlers in base! and realistic babies like in sims 2 with some baby clothes!
    Baby, Toddler, Child, Pre-teen, teen, young adult, adult, elder!
    Maybe ultrasounds in game without mods!

More party options!
    Bachelor/Bachelorette
    Baby Shower (Shouldn't limit to only 1 pregnancy)
    Gender Reveal party!
    Teen Party!
    Sleepovers!

Sims 4 Graphics Or A mix up of Sims 3 and 4 *whichever will run smoother*

Life stages should be longer in "normal" or let us control the life span like in The Sims 3 again!

For sleepovers I would like to already have sleeping bags and activities already like "make your own pillow case" and you can put it on your childs bed! "pillow fight" "talk about boys!" (for teens-pre-teens) and when everyone or someone falls asleep first have options for "Draw on face", "put hand in warm water" ect.

For Baby Shower you could even mash together gender reveal!
    Have a boy/girl/neutral cake depending if you already know or not!
    and decorations for the same!
    Sims will bring Baby/toddler gifts! and we can watch them open presents and cut cake and have baby cupcakes even and finger foods! and some activities could be "decorate bottle/onesie" to give to the mom! "guess how big mom/dad is" *since aliens have always been able to impregnate males* and measure the sim to see whos right and whoever wins gets money or a treat! and for gender reveal have two options between having the balloon filled with the color of the gender *which you should be able to change the color of to any color* and have your sims pop it! or having a box filled with the color of whatever color you choose for the gender and having the sims open the box to find out!

Teen Parties could still have parents in house *me and my friends have done this with chill parents*
    teens can play video games together! Board Games! Jump off of the *one story* sim house onto a trampoline! *should be able to do without having a teen party as well* or even into the pool if its close enough to the house! * I don't encourage to do this IRL but this is sims*
    blare music! or even have a watch party outdoors with a big screen!

Items:
    L-Shaped Couches!
    Actual working recliner chairs!
    bunk-beds!
    Day beds!
    Strollers
    Baby Swing
    Trampolines
    Christmas Trees
    Hanukkah Items
    Decorations for holidays/specific parties
    Toddler Beds
    Bassinets
    Baby Bottles/cups (customizable)
    Video Game Console
    Sleeping Bags
    Inflatable air mattresses
    L-Shaped desks
    Heaters/Fans
    Ceiling Fans

Part Time Jobs For Teens Again! (Including Babysitting where you can choose to follow to work or just send to work!)

Likes/Dislikes:
    I want these back! like from the sims 2, I loved that!

I would also like to keep Sim Moods! and better wishes back! Like Sims 3 Wishes!
    Better Aspiration Rewards like Sims 3.

Open Worlds and Cars back and Garages!

Favorites! I.E Colors, Foods, Music and I would loveee zodiac signs again!!

Grass Grows! Mow your lawn with 3 different lawn mowers!
    *you can disable this option, grass would need a trim every 2 sim weeks, except during fall and winter, you can also change how often grass would grow or how fast*
    gLQgzBe.gif
    The voice in your head is just me in your headphones, Everyone knows that we're the devils hero's!
  • Options
    Found more ideas:

CAS
    • Wide range of relationship options from Girlfriend to Great Grandmother
    • Turn on and turn offs for relationships (Likes beards, dislikes red hair)
    • Phobias we can choose or randomize (Fear of water, fear of lightning, etc)
    • Likes/Dislikes should be separate from traits (Likes thunderstorms, cats. Dislikes hot days, meat)
    • At least 5 slots for traits
    • Traits build off each other (Hot headed slob wouldn't get angry over messes but a Hot Headed Neat sim would)
    • The ability to choose which sex your sim is romantically interested in (or lack of interest)
    • Ability to make sims pregnant in CAS
    • Ability to choose occult status in CAS after creating sim
    • Cheat to unlock all CAS assets
    • More swatches for hair and/or a color wheel
    • Option to save outfits you want to use later. Maybe townies could use these too

In Game
    • Option to turn off phones permanently (also include land lines)
    • Being able to swim in bodies of water
    • Job interviews (need certain skills to get a job, university could play into this)
    • Unplayable roommates
    • Sims react to/interact with each other and their surroundings in interesting ways (Influenced by personality)
    • Better long term genetics (red hair could skip a generation)
    • Lot traits to dictate dress, activities, and even behavior
    • If open neighborhoods, include traits for them such as poor, rich, quiet, active, etc.
    • Combination of venues (functional café and bakery on one lot)
    • Grocery Stores
    • Always have the choice to follow sims to work, work from home, or send them off alone
    • Multi tasking
    • Basic weather in base game
    • A tool to create your own traits and aspirations
    • Choose frames and bedding separately (More customizable furniture in general)
    • Free babies and include cars in base game so I don’t have to hear about it :D
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Here's what my perfect Sims game would need to have.

Life stages: Newborn (self explanatory, not much activity), Infant (Up to 9 months, starting to crawl maybe even waddling around a bit), Toddler (around 2, can walk and start learning to talk), Child (6-7, Very hyper and playful), Pre-teen (10-12, calmer than the child, more into hanging with friends), Teen (15-17, getting first part time job, hanging with friends after school, learning to drive), Young Adult (20s, going to university and getting full time jobs), Adult (30-40, same as young adult, but loses stamina more quickly), Elder (65+, retirement).

Equal (or near equal) CAS for all age groups. This includes customization for babies.

Good AI, meaning Sims wouldn't autonomously do stupid stuff. EX: Married straight Sims wouldn't flirt with random other sims of the same gender (unless there was some sort of trait that would cause this).

Large amount of traits and aspirations that are different for each age group. Likes and dislikes, fears, favorites, etc, more things like that to influence their personalities.

Lots of job options.

Diverse neighborhoods and NPC families. I want peaceful suburbs, busy cities, quiet countryside, etc. And idk about past iterations, but TS4 families are boring and basic. Give me a family with 2 parents and 6 kids of ranging ages! Or a single parent with 7 kids! I want more than just mom, dad, kid or 3 roommates.
  • Options
    Captain_CCaptain_C Posts: 180 Member
    Greetings all!

Essentially, more detail and more options; next gen game. I expect Sims 5 to be able to build a city/town with pre-set/prebuilt saves of homes and lots, to explore, and arrange them how we want them. For people who don't care for it, can have the pre-designed towns/cities, which you can also explore. Combining 'Sim City' & 'The Sims' much more. Extensive detail, diversity and control. Quick menus for how things are done, such as holding down the mouse and selecting what you want immediately, by just moving it. The original option for clicking the bubble buttons should be still allowed for nostalgic players.

People in real life don't want to be know as a simpleton, with three personality traits and one thing they did in their live. So make it so they're recognised, thanked for their logic and wisdom, or scolded and told it is an abuse of power in the wrong way. It's all up to how the person decides, that includes the Sim as well. If the player would do it, so would the Sim. Research should be done for how many traits would make up the person playing. Sims with split personalities should have the traits change every so often, etc.

Make more lots to go to, like in Sims 3. For all reasons of meeting other Sims, learning something new, or doing something super fun. And why not, you only life once right? Why not, have a whole neighbourhood, as one family? Doesn't seem too absurd. A whole city or world maybe, that might be a bit... Over the top, but when a women has Octuplets in the U.S., having twins and tripletes is a walk in the park.

There is so much that needs to be discussed, it's crazy.

Some things I mentioned is in another thread, here:
    https: //forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16920407/#Comment_16920407

Take care all!

- C
    Until next time!

Take care all!

- C

giphy.gif
  • Options
    > @Captain_C said:
    > Greetings all!
    >
    > Essentially, more detail and more options; next gen game. I expect Sims 5 to be able to build a city/town with pre-set/prebuilt saves of homes and lots, to explore, and arrange them how we want them. For people who don't care for it, can have the pre-designed towns/cities, which you can also explore. Combining 'Sim City' & 'The Sims' much more. Extensive detail, diversity and control. Quick menus for how things are done, such as holding down the mouse and selecting what you want immediately, by just moving it. The original option for clicking the bubble buttons should be still allowed for nostalgic players.
    >
    > People in real life don't want to be know as a plum, with three personality traits and one thing they did in their live. So make it so they're recognised, thanked for their logic and wisdom, or scolded and told it is an abuse of power in the wrong way. It's all up to how the person decides, that includes the Sim as well. If the player would do it, so would the Sim. Research should be done for how many traits would make up the person playing. Sims with split personalities should have the traits change every so often, etc.
    >
    > Make more lots to go to, like in Sims 3. For all reasons of meeting other Sims, learning something new, or doing something super fun. And why not, you only life once right? Why not, have a whole neighbourhood, as one family? Doesn't seem too absurd. A whole city or world maybe, that might be a bit... Over the top, but when a women has Octuplets in the U.S., having twins and tripletes is a walk in the park.
    >
    >
    > There is so much that needs to be discussed, it's crazy.
    >
    > Some things I mentioned is in another thread, here:
    > https: //forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16920407/#Comment_16920407
    >
    > Take care all!
    >
    > - C

My link has a space between the colon ( This thing -> ' : ') and the slash ( This thing -> ' / ').
    Until next time!

Take care all!

- C

giphy.gif
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    A semi open world, where you can walk next door, and visit, without a loading screen, but the game then loads the next section of the map, so you can go the next next house, and so on. You can always see the next part of the map from the lot you're on, with it loaded and ready for you to visit.
    Many RPG type games work without loading screens, so why not the sims?

I'd also like to see more complex individuality for sims.

Not just walk style, but personal style for many other everyday things.

Eating style: Does your sim eat with their hands? Do they eat European style or American style? Chopsticks? Spoon?
    Sitting style: How do they sit on a couch? How do they sit at the table?
    Greeting style: How do they greet friends? Family? Strangers?

More personal likes and dislikes.
    A bookworm will spend half the day reading, but a sim who hates books will struggle to read for an hour.
    A sim who enjoys cooking will be happy to make a fancy meal, but one who hates cooking will be happier if they prepare a microwave dinner, rather than a fancy meal.

Multiple favourite food options, and multiple disliked food options.

The ability to create our own clothing categories, and then set them as a preference for each sim.

A companion program similar to bodyshop from TS2, but with the create a style from TS3, and be able to use it for not just clothing and accessories, but also for buy mode objects. And the objects should have multiple recolour channels. Eg, change the sofa frame colour, change the colour of the soft part of the sofa, change the colour of the decorative cushions on the sofa. Change the bed frame, change the sheet set, change the quilt.

More job options, many without much chance of progressing, as they're just a job, not a career.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited January 2019
    My perfect game would have the best of Sims 2 thru 4. All the age groups, interactions, traits, Aspirations (Sims 2-3), Wants/Fears (Sims 2), Personality Traits (Sims 2-4), Chemistry/Attraction (Sims 2), CAS (Sims 2-4), Community and House lots (Sims 2) and Memories (Sims 2). Not going to go into too much detail on these, otherwise I would be here all night talking about what I want LOL

I would like no loading screens (since I will likely always be playing on a midrange laptop without the best graphics card).

Also, get rid of all rabbit hole locations. I would like to see what my Sims are doing on every lot they visit.

I pretty much agree with what has been said previously. I just wanted to add a few things I would like to see in a perfect (to me, anyway) Sims game.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited January 2019
    Sims 2 Game Play
    -Memories
    -Interests
    -Attraction and rivals who are also competing for the sim your sim likes
    -Fears
    -Aspiration failure (maybe not as cartoonish as TS2)
    -Cause and effect (your enemies will come at you, romantic betrayals are dramatic (and not fleeting), hostile sims need a cool off period, unless they are evil or hot-headed, )
    -Slightly more adult humor and situations

Sims 3 creative tools and world
    -Open world
    -Create-A-Style
    -Lot placement
    -Create-A-World
    -Objects with more detailed meshes and textures
    -Sims 2/3 Younger looking teens, or TS4 older teens with younger teen stage added.

Sims 4 Sims and miscellaneous features
    -TS4 styled sims with more detailed meshes
    -Hats on any hairstyle
    -Saving and placing rooms
    -New Build mode features
    -Buy/Build search feature
    -Etc. There are a lot of nice TS4 features I would like to see in the next game.

If we can't have a TS3 type open world, but get another version of TS4's world, each neighborhood will have to be big enough to hold nearly every community lot type. Basically, a TS3 sized world divided up into districts, and each district does not need loading screens for lots within the district. You go outside the district, you get a loading screen. Heck, I would even settle for half the size of a TS3 world--Say 50 lots in all, about 10 lots per district.

And the sims waking around the neighborhood should be a majority of people who live there.
    The sims 4 feels odd to me because my sims have to travel what feels like a long distance to visit certain community lots. I also don't like seeing so many of my sims taking a jog so far away from home.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    I was thinking how awesome it would be to include in a future version of the sims (or even patched into Sims 4) the ability to design your own traits, aspirations, and careers which you could then share on the gallery.

It could be a separate program outside the game provided and designed by EA to work hand in hand with the main Sims game. You could choose what buffs a trait would create, the steps needed to complete an aspiration of your creation, and the goals for a rabbit hole career (maybe even the "choose to work from home" careers).

They would then be compatible with the game and the program would be updated with each update. Right now we have mods for these things but they often break with updates.

Currently many people complain about not having enough careers, traits, and aspirations. This would provide players with an endless supply to choose from and make the game more customizable.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    My perfect Sims game would have been more of a combination of Sims 2, 3, and 4 where map/world creativity is just as important as the play part of the game and where our play styles all get more respect.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    My perfect Sims game would include all ages baby, toddler, child, preteen, teen, young adult, adult, middle aged, and elder.
    Burglars will be back because of the drama
    Firemen and police will be back because drama. Maid, Gardener, Delivery, Nanny, Butler all in base game and vechiles.
    Aliens, Vampires, Werewolves and Witches and Wizards. Will come with supernatural.
    Live life and celebrate with Weddings, babies, birthdays and funerals.
    Daycare, schools, and uni.
    Jail with an opportunity to jail break.
    Carwash, driving test, vacation locations with beach, snow, and resorts
    Pets and exotic animals.
    Basically almost like a soap opera.
  • Options
    kittenwalruskittenwalrus Posts: 25 Member
    In the forum Introduction post I posted this: "My ideal game would have the beautiful Sims of TS4, the content & worlds from TS3, the novelty of TS2, and the wacky magicalness of TS."
  • Options
    SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    Sims 4 style and graphics
    Sims 3 content and customization
    Sims 1 music

And honestly, that's about it.
  • Options
    RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited February 2019
    A combination of all Sims PC installments and just more to do in general

The art style is something like Sims 2 - Sims 4
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • Options
    Completely customizable world builder, that is shared across the whole planet, Sims can learn and do more. Is all.
    Until next time!

Take care all!

- C

giphy.gif