Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use cheats?

Comments

• mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    No
    I voted no but I do use freerealestate on sometimes when adding new families. I play around 30 households in my rotation and it's no fun if they're all doing the starter grind. I very rarely use money cheats during gameplay, if I do it's for the families who had backstory of being rich but where I underestimated the living expences or perhaps to cheat money away.

When it comes to other cheats I use the one to show hidden objects sometimes when building and fps on. The most common cheat for me is headlineeffects off for screenies which has the side effect of making the game a tad harder. So as you can see I actually use some cheats but I understood the question was about using cheats to make game easier for regularly played families? I never cheat skills or edit their looks, because those are part of the core play for me (learning and breeding).
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    No
    Nope - I enjoy more of a challenge.
  • metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 536 Member
    Only when REALLY needed
    Only when I really need it, mostly when I relocate objects (bb.moveobjects on) or have to change some sim's appearance that I cannot do normally (cas.fulleditmode). Sometimes sims from the gallery come with full levelled skills so I have to downgrade to 1 for my game.

Oh, and bb.showhiddenobjects on . For the invisible lamps and impossible-to-find fruits/vegetables.
    Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
  • Seafoam_Green123Seafoam_Green123 Posts: 68 Member
    Yes
    Yes I do, but only CAS bb.enablefreebuild and kaching if I'm going to go bankrupt! There may be others but I use these most off the top of my head :)
    ( recommend me some good maxis clothes/ hair <3 )
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Only when REALLY needed
    I use moo and cas.fulledit mode. Sometimes I use the freerealestate cheat also. And rarely ,only when everythings going wrong will I give my sims a boost to their needs (usually because the game is screwing with me and they're not paying attention) . I mostly use potions for this but there are times when they need more.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Yes
    I already posted my how, when, and why in this thread, but yep, I use shortcuts ('cheat'). :)
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 696 Member
    edited January 2019
    Only when REALLY needed
    I mostly just use moo, cas.fulledit, and sometimes I'll cheat away money. Never cheated skills, and don't usually cheat to add money, though I have in the past.
    Post edited by thatsnotsweg on
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,709 Member
    Yes
    I use UI Cheats all the time to manually adjust my sim's motives. There's just so much to do that sometimes I don't like spending time on eating, bladder, or sleeping.
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    Yes
    Okay. So.....I went back to a no cheats game. And....still fun! I had to go back to no cheats since , i have this thing where if I cheat one thing, then it feels like pointless not to cheat everything but if I did , it would be pointless so....so i dont cheat anymore lol. But still, its fine to cheat! Or not cheat :)<3
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Yes
    it's almost as though the game creators encourage us to use cheats...
  • whimreaperwhimreaper Posts: 361 Member
    Only when REALLY needed
    Sometimes my sims glitch out and their needs fall dramatically, so I'll cheat happiness sometimes because getting needs up over and over is just not fun, but I try not to cheat otherwise.
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited January 2019
    Yes
    The only cheats I don't really use are money cheats, and when I use them, I use them to decrease my sims' money because it's far too easy to become rich in this game.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited January 2019
    Only when REALLY needed
    I do not use cheats to artifically inflate any of my Sims savings, I use only one cheat to set an object that normally can't be done under normal conditions. Actually, I do use another cheat but I use it to cheat death in an way if I become attached to certain sims I will turn them back into young adults so I can continue to play with them.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • 0xx_Simmer_xx00xx_Simmer_xx0 Posts: 196 Member
    Yes
    I always use move objects on, and sometimes skill cheats. I rarely use money cheats as it takes away some of the reality from the game, but if I'm doing a storyline then it's pretty important.
  • AjaGioAjaGio Posts: 262 Member
    Yes
    I use the money cheat mainly. I like being able to deck out the house and add everything My Sim wants:)
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    No
    I only use cheats for storytelling purposes. In my gameplay saves, I rough it.

Things were especially tough when my sims with hardly any money living in a starter house had triplets. They had a hard time sleeping since at least one baby would be crying, and they barely had money for toddler furniture. But somehow they managed to pull through. :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I use the more it makes sense with the storyline. For example one of my family's are going to have a boss who is the CEO of a huge company and very rich. I need him living in a top flat in the city with a lot of money already. So yes I will use the money cheat on him and no I don't consider that cheating because it's part of my story line it would not make sense for me to how to earn the money ahead of time. Other people in the same storyline I will not be using the money cheat on it and they will have to earn it ... also some of them will have relationships pre-built because of the storyline, but some will not. It's more about getting everybody to where I need them to be for the purpose of the storyline I want to play out otherwise things just don't make sense. In this situation I am basically play out characters from different stories I've written Etc. I want them to have the same relationships and statuses as they do at the start of my stories so that I can play properly. That's cheating then so be it ...
  • Jenna2376Jenna2376 Posts: 120 Member
    Yes
    All. The. Time. I don't cheats needs, they are easier to keep high. I used to not even bother with needs in Sims 3. But, I use cheats when building. Sometimes in gameplay when I need to. But not nearly as much as I did in Sims 3.
  • SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    Yes
    Im primarily a builder and can not live without the MOO cheat. I dont go overboard but I do use it to create some cool designs!
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Yes
    I don't usually use money cheats for my family, but when I am populating the neighborhoods in a new save I will use freerealestate to move families in from my library. I will use teleport and reset Sim cheats on my family as needed and occasionally cheat their needs.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • dfstonedfstone Posts: 215 Member
    You really can't cheat in this game because there's no contest to win.
  • SarahTheRedSarahTheRed Posts: 388 Member
    Only when REALLY needed
    I legit could not build without moveobjects! I use cheats when the game is bugging for some reason, like if an aspiration reward isn't completing when my Sims have done all the tasks.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited January 2019
    Yes
    Yup. When I make a sim in CAS it is always a single ya sim. So when I start, they have to have had some skills, so I use MCCC...the best cc out there.
    I have come to hate the money trees and have taken them out of my game. I'm going to have to take away money from some as this is ridiculous. With that being said, it is the first time I've had rich sims, over a million and they stay in their same beginning homes, lol. With exception of Issac who won the lottery.

Edit to say, I have started using the mailbox and MCCC to control the weather...what's up with freezing cold and snow every day of winter and into spring??? That's nuts, it's either snowing all. the. time. or raining all the time. Gah!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • JujuAwesomeBeansJujuAwesomeBeans Posts: 85 Member
    Yes
    I primarily just like to build and use my sims like a virtual dollhouse. So yea, I use cheats all the time. Money, free real estate, move objects, hidden objects, and career rewards are my usual. I'll boost skills for painters or photographers if I want a particular decoration. I usually let relationships develop on their own since that is pretty quick.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Yes
    I use them, but I don't know how you cheat at a non-competitive game you can't win.