Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who else dislikes Thorne Bailey?

I really don't see the point in Thorne Bailey and for some reason I really despise him... Does anyone else share this?! I'm not sure what I think of him even though Orange Bailey-Moon seems quite nice...
( recommend me some good maxis clothes/ hair <3 )

Comments

• SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Leave him alone.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Seafoam_Green123Seafoam_Green123 Posts: 68 Member
    @Simpkin ... I think my hate comes from him and poor Clarice splitting up...
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I like him although he can be a jerk sometimes. I feel like he takes advantage of Octavia's talent. I think he really loves his son.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

I'm not the biggest fan of the whole Octavia and Thorne thing though... @citysimmer
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i'm not really a fan of him or octavia, though all i've done is kick the household out of their house so venessa can have it (i also kicked judith ward out of her house to give it to a vampire)

i think a really big part of why i dislike them is who they're based on (some of my least favorite 'celebrities' in real life) but they're different enough not to warrant instant deletion. though they might head to the bin if i get around to making enough famous sims in similar lines of work to the two of them

also, i was totally expecting this to be another 'thorne bailey keeps hogging the spotlight with his jumping around stuff' and was going to point out that any and every 4 and 5 star celeb can and will do exactly that. though thorne seems to do it more than any other (probably due to one of his quirks and/or fame purchases)
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    @Simpkin ... I think my hate comes from him and poor Clarice splitting up...

I feel bad for the guy. I mean it's annoying the sims stop doing everything when he's around but he's a regular sim.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    i'm not really a fan of him or octavia, though all i've done is kick the household out of their house so venessa can have it (i also kicked judith ward out of her house to give it to a vampire)

i think a really big part of why i dislike them is who they're based on (some of my least favorite 'celebrities' in real life) but they're different enough not to warrant instant deletion. though they might head to the bin if i get around to making enough famous sims in similar lines of work to the two of them

also, i was totally expecting this to be another 'thorne bailey keeps hogging the spotlight with his jumping around stuff' and was going to point out that any and every 4 and 5 star celeb can and will do exactly that. though thorne seems to do it more than any other (probably due to one of his quirks and/or fame purchases)

I didn't know they were supposed to be based on anyone. I think Orange's name is a reference to Apple Martin, Gwyneth Paltrow's daughter.

Thorne has the paparazzi darling quirk and he can Incite Cheers which is probably why he can be so annoying in public.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I'm not fond of him, myself. I had my sim go to the Orchid Go Go and every time she would try to play guitar or sing, he would come in, hopping around like a silly bunny.

Every....

Single....

TIME!

Yeah... not a fan.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Kinda obnoxious, but then again I think he only is since he tends to end up being a entertainer since he's in the entertainment field and of course steals the spotlight when he's at a lounge. Kinda just had my sim performing at bars which worked out a lot better. Their background story is pretty interesting really and they definitely do look like the celebrity power couple. The sims team definitely make some very good premades.

xp8WUFb.png
    5vJrxmT.png
    @kalaksed I think Octavia is quite nice! Talking from my sims point of view... In my game Octavia and Thorne divorced and then married my sim, then my Sim (Clarice) divorced him... Octavia and Clarice got very close after that!
    @citysimmer It is so annoying when celebs incite cheers! Anybody else? :)
    @ChelleJo The same happens to me, when I go to a bar or a talent showcase he arrives and everyone stops listening to me and the 'Thorne Bailey' bubbles appear above their heads! At least I still have a few obedient fans...
    @LadyKyn 100% steals the spotlight... they definitely *were* the power couple but I feel as if Thorne steals Octavia's spotlight and takes advantage of her... I'm not sure if that is just me or not though! (agreeing with @citysimmer) Love the picture too!
    @Simpkin Yeah I understand that... it is frustrating though when everyone drops what they are doing to catch a glimpse at the 'all magnificent' Thorne Bailey!

Sorry if I missed anybody off...
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I did not play him and Octavia. When I first visited DSV I found him annoying because he always showed up. But that was before I understood that he works at the Go Go. Now I think he is almost kind of cool, and wish he would perform more often.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    @Simmerville Ahh I see :) Maybe I will grow to like him too?
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    He's annoying for sure, more annoying than other celebrities. I've got my own way of dealing with him as soon as he shows up, with the help of the Book of Chaos:

30.12.18_13-41-01-2.png
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Maybe he just needs to get out of the crazy rat race, quit the spotlight and go find himself in Granite Falls.
    edited January 2019
    @Seafoam_Green123 Based on their background I can't see Thorne cheating on Octavia without consequences seeing as she's the one that has the talent in writing his lyrics for his music. He only has the talent in playing guitar and not much else. Pretty sure she'd run him into the ground and he'd be pretty penniless and just a sham when the full truth comes out. Octavia's pretty much his gravy train.

He's pretty much guaranteed to take the spotlight being a musically talented sim as most of the other premade celebrities won't as much. Sims just seemed instantly attracted when a celebrity is playing music, doing comedy or singing.

In one save decided to have him pursue acting and ditch the entertainment career. Barely saw him at any venue's. He'd pop up now and again, but not as a entertainer or to play. He ends up being less obnoxious then again I like that he pops up anyway if you have a sim trying to gain some fame in entertainment. The struggle makes it interesting. :)

Octavia is a good mom and wife even with her juice problems. Probably due to all the stress and work of writing her books and also writing Thorne's music.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Maybe he just needs to get out of the crazy rat race, quit the spotlight and go find himself in Granite Falls.

Haha, what a wonderful idea for a story! Thorne Bailey alone and lost in the wild forest for a week! :lol:
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Thorne is my new favourite. I've had a few homeless or poor sims and he has been practically the only celeb that never brushes them off. Always signs autographs, hugs or gives them selfies when all the others turn their nose down at my sims. When I want a sim to gain fame I take them to Orchid a go go because he will usually stand near my sim at the mic and draw the crowds close and they will tip my sim and give them the fame points a lot quicker than when he is not there. A lot of my sims end up being lovers with him or married to him.

As far as the back story to the Baileys, I look at it the other way. Octavia is a writer, her name and face is a lot less recognised than Thorne's. She latched on to him and insisted that she write his music, making herself invaluable and people would see her more on the arm of a celebrity like Thorne.
    She keeps him under her thumb and discourages him developing his own writing skill.
    Their home has 3 double bedrooms, 1 clearly implied to be feminine and 1 clearly masculine. I think their relationship is purely for appearance sake and at home they lead separate lives.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    He's obnoxious and uses his wife. I see him flirting with other Sims and being an attention-hog and it makes him an unlikable but entertaining Sim. I gave him a bad reputation and I'm considering having Octavi and her son leave him while he has to get his plum together
    edited January 2019
    mika wrote: »
    He's obnoxious and uses his wife. I see him flirting with other Sims and being an attention-hog and it makes him an unlikable but entertaining Sim. I gave him a bad reputation and I'm considering having Octavi and her son leave him while he has to get his plum together

Strange how things change from game to game. I see him pretty often as I hang out a lot at his place of work and I never once saw him flirting with other sims. With my sims that I entered relationships with him it actually takes a lot of work to get him into a romance.
    edited January 2019
    mika wrote: »

I think that's what he does too. First song she helped him with and he probably begged her to keep writing them for him. He has the talent but not the creativity to make his own music. Obviously Octavia is stressed and drinks a lot due to him.

Doesn't even feel like a family even lives in that house it's pretty...empty?

Given his reputation feel like he was Del Sol's bad boy before hooking up with Octavia.
    5vJrxmT.png
    @Huiiie_07 That picture made me laugh! I almost feel sorry for Thorne now...
    @CorkysPetals & @Simmerville I totally agree! I can see it on the news... 'Thorne Bailey takes time off his career to 'find himself', he left this morning without alerting his beloved Octavia Moon. What will happen to Bailey?'
    @Ladykyn As soon as I got 'get famous' I adopted a little girl, got her career started and then looked for a bit of romance... without knowing about Octavia they fell in love and then got married (of course by then I realised about Octavia) so I divorced Thorne for so easily falling in love again without even mentioning Octavia. So I guess I blame Thorne for that little 'blip' in the circuit :) When you mentioned 'In one save decided to have him pursue acting and ditch the entertainment career. Barely saw him at any venue's. He'd pop up now and again, but not as a entertainer or to play. He ends up being less obnoxious then again I like that he pops up anyway if you have a sim trying to gain some fame in entertainment. The struggle makes it interesting. :) ' I really think that was a cool idea... If I have enough motivation I might try and turn Thorne around!!
    @simm621 Aww I've never seen that side of him before! I've just seen the other.... I really like that theory of Octavia... and the evidence to back it up could make this statement true. I think the thing stopping me believe this is that I can't forgive Thorne... but then again wouldn't he want to get away from Octavia so dating my sim would get him away? And he wouldn't want to tell her because she is demanding? I don't know! Great theory though :)
    @mika I think he's v obnoxious and I'm sure he has a bit of a bad reputation on my game too, I think it is just how he flaunts around!
    @simm621 (on your second contribution) I had the opposite! He was quite easy to flirt and very quick to woohoo... very very quick... I'm just very confused with him at the moment!
    @LadyKyn (On your last contribution) I do think Octavia drinks because of him... again another theory with a good amount of evidence :)

• FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Sounds like Thorne Bailey is the Justin Bieber in The Sims 4 world
    @simm621 Aww I've never seen that side of him before! I've just seen the other.... I really like that theory of Octavia... and the evidence to back it up could make this statement true. I think the thing stopping me believe this is that I can't forgive Thorne... but then again wouldn't he want to get away from Octavia so dating my sim would get him away? And he wouldn't want to tell her because she is demanding? I don't know! Great theory though :)
    I like to think he is just a good guy. He stays with her because being celebrities the family is very much in the public eye and scrutiny of the media and he wants a happy stable life for his son, and break ups are messy and he would stand to loose a lot if he left Octavia and that he probably respects her enough to not want to humiliate her? My current sim gives him the love and freedom he needs and as she's a vampire she has time to wait for him.
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    Sounds like Thorne Bailey is the Justin Bieber in The Sims 4 world
    I think this is the case ;)

simm621 wrote: »
    I like to think he is just a good guy. He stays with her because being celebrities the family is very much in the public eye and scrutiny of the media and he wants a happy stable life for his son, and break ups are messy and he would stand to loose a lot if he left Octavia and that he probably respects her enough to not want to humiliate her? My current sim gives him the love and freedom he needs and as she's a vampire she has time to wait for him.

I like this theory, very stable too! Maybe this is it? Maybe not? Ahh if only a little bit of information could be revealed about sims each week/month and then finally we could be able to solve many of these sim mysteries!