Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Book club - Open for nominations

Comments

• ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    But, if I was going to have him walk on a crime scene I wouldn't have chosen Connor as the victim. Don't know who though. I would be evil and say his girlfriend but that's a bit too cruel for the first chapter.
    There's no such a thing as too cruel in sims and simlit. I mean the game gives you tools to kill your sims in so many different ways. They practically encourage you to kill them and then tell everybody about it.

True but I'm not killing a sim for no reason. Need a reason other than for the sake of it.
  • candycottonchucandycottonchu Posts: 906 Member

What's your general opinion on the chapter in general?

At first I thought Ron was walking into a crime scene and he was going to be complaining about the mess and find his friend injured or dead. However that wasn't the case. I enjoyed the first chapter and I'm planning on reading on to see what happens next.
    No need to say I would LOVE this scenario. Said it anyway.

Me too! That sounds interesting :D

@Bugsie2016 there's many reasons to kill a character!
    -for a plot twist
    -to shock readers
    -to get rid of a problem for your sims that are still alive
    -to create a problem for your sims that are still alive
    -to show character development of the sims that are still alive
    -to get rid of a character you don't know what to do with anymore (for lazy writers... ;) )
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

At first I thought Ron was walking into a crime scene and he was going to be complaining about the mess and find his friend injured or dead. However that wasn't the case. I enjoyed the first chapter and I'm planning on reading on to see what happens next.

-for a plot twist
    -to shock readers
    -to get rid of a character you don't know what to do with anymore (for lazy writers... ;) )

i love this i killed a couple. cause i didn't know how to write them. then adrien tricked me but this is bugsies turn.

-for a plot twist
    -to shock readers

Why does everyone think I should have killed Connor? :lol:
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member

-for a plot twist
    -to shock readers

Doesn't have to be Connor. Just anyone. :D
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi

-for a plot twist
    -to shock readers

It doesn't have to be Connor... imagine Ron coming into Connor's room, and then suddenly finding a complete stranger - dead! But where's the roommate? Did he kill the stranger? Or is he also dead? Or still hungover at his last hook up's place where he went instead of looking for a job?
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member

-for a plot twist
    -to shock readers

It doesn't have to be Connor... imagine Ron coming into Connor's room, and then suddenly finding a complete stranger - dead! But where's the roommate? Did he kill the stranger? Or is he also dead? Or still hungover at his last hook up's place where he went instead of looking for a job?
    Or Connor could attempt to kill Ron after their argument about dirty dishes.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi

-for a plot twist
    -to shock readers

we went from breaking up and reshipping last week to murder thats quite a jump. :):p

-for a plot twist
    -to shock readers

Last hook up's place? Don't think Connor's partner will be happy with that idea. xD

-for a plot twist
    -to shock readers

Doesn't have to be Connor. Just anyone. :D

Fair enough.

-for a plot twist
    -to shock readers

Last hook up's place? Don't think Connor's partner will be happy with that idea. xD

Great! More drama :D

-for a plot twist
    -to shock readers

Great! More drama :D

I'm kidding. Connor wouldn't even think about it. xD He's happy with his relationship. :lol:
  • Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    edited January 2019
    What are your opinions of Ron in this chapter?

He has a reason to be angry with his friend but I think he is an enabler. He went and washed the dishes, cleaned the mess his friend made and is paying all the bills. Connor is not going to get a job or clean up after himself if Ron keeps supporting him. Time to show some tough love and throw him out.

What are your opinions of Connor in this chapter?

Connor needs to grow up, get a job and start living on his own. He is taking advantage of Ron and he needs to be put in the position where he is forced to act like an adult.

I would argue that I don't kill off characters in the first chapter of a story but that's a lie. I've done that before.

But, if I was going to have him walk on a crime scene I wouldn't have chosen Connor as the victim. Don't know who though. I would be evil and say his girlfriend but that's a bit too cruel for the first chapter. But, anyway, Connor actually has an important role later on. ;)

I'll leave a hint for anyone whose read the first 20 something chapters (spoilers if I say the exact amount):
    It has something to do with Ron's kinda step-dad being the San My drug dealer.
    'kinda' because he never technically married Ron's mum. They had a wedding but they're not technically married even if she thinks they are. It's complicated...

@Bugsie2016 Please understand that I have not read anything you have written before nor am I familiar with the characters. I do plan to read on and find out what happens but my statement was made with the words "I thought" because as I was reading that is where "I thought" it was heading. In no way was I suggesting that any character be killed and I do apologize for any misunderstanding this has caused.

He has a reason to be angry with his friend but I think he is an enabler. He went and washed the dishes, cleaned the mess his friend made and is paying all the bills. Connor is not going to get a job or clean up after himself if Ron keeps supporting him. Time to show some tough love and throw him out.

Connor needs to grow up, get a job and start living on his own. He is taking advantage of Ron and he needs to be put in the position where he is forced to act like an adult.

I would argue that I don't kill off characters in the first chapter of a story but that's a lie. I've done that before.

But, if I was going to have him walk on a crime scene I wouldn't have chosen Connor as the victim. Don't know who though. I would be evil and say his girlfriend but that's a bit too cruel for the first chapter. But, anyway, Connor actually has an important role later on. ;)

I'll leave a hint for anyone whose read the first 20 something chapters (spoilers if I say the exact amount):
    'kinda' because he never technically married Ron's mum. They had a wedding but they're not technically married even if she thinks they are. It's complicated...

@Bugsie2016 Please understand that I have not read anything you have written before nor am I familiar with the characters. I do plan to read on and find out what happens but my statement was made with the words "I thought" because as I was reading that is where "I thought" it was heading. In no way was I suggesting that any character be killed and I do apologize for any misunderstanding this has caused.

Its fine. :) I know you said thought and I get where you were coming from. Would definitely have started the story off more interestingly than what actually happened (I admit to not rereading the chapter this week). (Part of me wishes I had thought to do that though... :lol: ) You don't need to worry about it.

Its fine. :) I know you said thought and I get where you were coming from. Would definitely have started the story off more interestingly than what actually happened (I admit to not rereading the chapter this week). (Part of me wishes I had thought to do that though... :lol: ) You don't need to worry about it.

i like the way it started reminds me of felix and oscar from the odd couple. don't make me feel old by asking who they are look it up. theres actually a newer version.

drops off coffee and tea. tea just in case cathtea drops in, we switch today i work shes home.

• AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member

i like the way it started reminds me of felix and oscar from the odd couple. don't make me feel old by asking who they are look it up. theres actually a newer version.

drops off coffee and tea. tea just in case cathtea drops in, we switch today i work shes home.

This is so true! I would have never thought that until you said it!

Going to have to look that up because I don't know what it is.

Going to have to look that up because I don't know what it is.

bugsie bugsie. its saturday :)
    Thanks to everyone who participated this week. :) I wasn't expecting it to have much response but we had some good conversations.
    Thanks to everyone who participated this week. :) I wasn't expecting it to have much response but we had some good conversations.

you might have had more but its a holiday in the states.
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    edited January 2019
    Hi everyone. I hope you enjoyed Bugsie's Life's Lessons. It's one of my favourite simLits. <3

These next two weeks is another fav of mine, The Alvarez Chronicles by Chrinnie.
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    reading.png

As @simscognito just mentioned, these next two weeks for the book club focus on @Chrinnie 's SimLit. I will be the coffee hour host next week for this awesome story.

I became a fan and hooked the first chapter that was announced. I think everyone will enjoy it. There are currently 21 chapters so far, so should be a good easy read.

@Chrinnie hasn't logged on since this past October and not sure if he'll be around to answer questions, but do throw them out if you have any for when he makes his next appearance. I will also be asking questions on what you all think starting next week.

Happy Reading!
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Good evening!

So, unfortunately I came down with the flu. I tried hanging out in the forums, but end up logging out after about 5 minutes cause my body aches.

If someone could kindly pick up my slack and do the coffee hour this week, I’d be grateful.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    No problem @LegacySims2017. I can take over.

Questions for the readers:
    How are you enjoying the story so far?
    What are your favourite moments?
    Who is your favourite character?
    Where do you think the story is heading?

Question for the author if/ when they return:
    What have you enjoyed most about writing the Alvarez Chronicles?
    Hi. This week is a tasty read by @Jes2G but we can still talk about @Chrinnie's story too.

@Jes2G do you have a chapter for us? :)
    Hi. This week is a tasty read by @Jes2G but we can still talk about @Chrinnie's story too.

@Jes2G do you have a chapter for us? :)

you forgot to say which story. silly cog. :):):)