Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else have major bugs/lag lately?

Lately my game has become near impossible to play. Mainly with sims not following commands or standing around doing nothing or just bugging out. I thought it was just my computer at first until I watched the latest video from sim supply and saw he was having the same issues.

Comments

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Sounds like the typical simulation lag bug that's been around since the beginning. I haven't had it in months though, but also make sure your sims don't have a lot of things in their inventory as this also causes problems as well.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    The last time that I played my sims were weirdly teleporting around (I have no mods, no cc). But ts4 doesn't keep my attention long enough for this to be anything but another smh moment.

I do try to keep an eye on inventories, but inventory management is just terrible in this game. At the very least, I wish that we could set threshold amounts for produce items and have produce and fish automatically stored in the fridge.
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    I started getting the teleporting bug a few months ago. I've also always had problems with Sims not listening to commands. Then I bought a new computer and it was fine...but then I bought seasons and it's back. :/ I've started making sure inventories are pretty empty too, since that's something I heard about previously on here. I suppose it helps but I haven't done any strict tests or anything.
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    edited January 2019
    I've had buggy games too. Sometimes everyone freezes in a default pose (even animals) so it appears like the game is frozen, until you notice that their queues are still active and doing things, so it's definitely some sort of disconnect between the visuals and the actual gameplay. I can fix it by going to manage worlds and reloading the household, but it's irritating. Seems to only happen with pets around in my experience.

Another major bug I bumped into last night was my Sim's own failing energy moodlet was waking him up. I'd command him to sleep (while at red energy), he'd lay down, then wake up, like they do when another need like red bladder state wakes them up. The only way to get him to rest was to watch him experience energy failure and pass out, and even then, it wasn't enough to get him functional. I eventually just had to close out the game for the night and hope that today he's fixed.

Then there's the Toddler->Play interaction with adults. This has been glitching out HARDCORE, no matter who's doing it. The toddler just locks into place, and the adult has the slenderman arms as they go through the animations as if the toddler is participating in the play interaction.
    Post edited by TheGreatGorlon on
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I would say keep an eye on your inventory, make sure you don't have too many sims in your game (I found that out the hard way), and make sure if you do decide to use MOO that you make it so things are not blocking the way the sims and their pets try to route to. MOO is known to cause issue in the game and that's been a thing since the sims 2, I believe. Also be aware that if you download from the gallery some people don't label their builds as MOO and some also don't play test their MOO builds so keep and eye out on that. Imho, I think there's just lag in general in the game as someone mentions it's been around for a while in this game.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    Keep a very close eye on your relationships panel. If you use some sort of no culling mod, or your sim manages to get close and past 75 relationships, uf the game starts slowing down and glitching. For simulation lag well, for me it is always there but depends on where I am. If I'm at a small-mid sized home or lot with moderate objects I am usually fine. However bigger and more dense lots just make the issue much worse.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I issues with the Rodent cage has effected me lately. Sims get stuck there and need to be be reset to get them moving again.
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I issues with the Rodent cage has effected me lately. Sims get stuck there and need to be be reset to get them moving again.

I've had this issue too. Very annoying.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited January 2019
    The bugs in TS4 are far more apparent and interfering than any other Sims game, in my own experience.

It’s as little as my Sims unable to throw garbage out in their yard because “no trash can exists” (despite there being one RIGHT next to them), to as big as Sims still freezing in place and the clock running back and forth with nothing going on. Additionally, Sims blatantly ignore my commands and act autonomously, even with the setting turned off.

It comes to a point where I close the game out and avoid it because I can’t be bothered to play a game where I feel like I’m fighting against it to get some enjoyment.

But at least now I can play Sims trivia with my Alexa while my game is doing its own thing. /s
  • TropicanaCatTropicanaCat Posts: 93 Member
    So this is the weird issue I've been experiencing! My current household is experiencing simulation lag pretty frequently. I've also had the teleportation bug. I have been keeping the inventories cleared, but it still happens. I tried a simulation lag mod, but it didn't help and now it seems to be outdated and wouldn't be helpful at all anymore.

It started happening a lot with my toddler, actions would go ignored and cancelled. The Sim would randomly teleport around the house, the Sim would freeze in place, but time it still passing, and motives going down. It is incredibly annoying to waste sim hours on one action that shouldn't take very long.

This is something I find pretty game breaking, and makes me just want to close the game. I would love for EA to fix this, I'm hoping it is something they are actually working on.. Given the past few updates, and that this seems to be a issue with the game since it launched.. My hope is fading. I will once again need to look to the Sims community to fix things.

• wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    So this is the weird issue I've been experiencing! My current household is experiencing simulation lag pretty frequently. I've also had the teleportation bug. I have been keeping the inventories cleared, but it still happens. I tried a simulation lag mod, but it didn't help and now it seems to be outdated and wouldn't be helpful at all anymore.

It started happening a lot with my toddler, actions would go ignored and cancelled. The Sim would randomly teleport around the house, the Sim would freeze in place, but time it still passing, and motives going down. It is incredibly annoying to waste sim hours on one action that shouldn't take very long.

This is something I find pretty game breaking, and makes me just want to close the game. I would love for EA to fix this, I'm hoping it is something they are actually working on.. Given the past few updates, and that this seems to be a issue with the game since it launched.. My hope is fading. I will once again need to look to the Sims community to fix things.

Exactly this. It's been an issue for years but I don't even see it acknowledged. It was my reason to mostly stop TS4 and go back to TS2 and TS3 because it's simply game-breaking - If your Sims are literally just standing there, bobbing their heads and not reacting to anything then what can you do? It also happened more and more often.
    I had a mod for the simulation lag installed but it stopped working at some point (I don't know if it's updated by now), but I wonder how people can enjoy their game without that mod. I heard that not everyone has that issue, but with the issue I find the game unplayable. There's no workaround like other bugs where people can say "But then just don't use the item/career/trait/interaction!" The only option for me was either "Wait for the game to work again, play a few minutes, wait again." or "Stop playing." :|
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    @TropicanaCat I started having the same issues when my sims got a toddler. It is driving me nuts and I am resetting them constantly.

The other recent thing I have noticed is that collectibles do not seem to be respawning. Was already not pleased at all that they changed a lot of the collectible spots to those dirt spots for pets that only have worthless repair parts (in all the worlds - not just Brindleton Bay) but now the few decent collectibles either change to those dirt spots after the first dig or just don't respawn. And I just reset my Sims folder, and repaired the game (which takes forever now with all the packs) prior to starting this new save.

What seriously annoys me is, so often, I have already paid for something and then they come along and change what I paid for with an update or a new pack. Previous pack's game play features should not be changed or disappear with new packs and updates - I payed for those game play features and now no longer have them. Seems every update or new pack - we lose some game play feature we used to have.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited January 2019
    I have:

-The standing around bug which is usually fixed by going into buy mode for a few seconds
    -1$ bills, reported on the bug forum
    -Triplets being born any time a played pregnant sim is not in the active household when the pregnancy concludes. I think I reported this one too.
    -Constant Last Exception. Can't be my mods as all have been updated very recently, so the only thing it could possibly be is old CC but I haven't got around to checking for new versions. It's irritating but I can work around it.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    @ListentoToppDogg @RedShoe7
    The rodent cage bug is posted on AHQ here. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-MFPSP-Rodent-Cage-Breaks-Game/m-p/7259787#M79999
    Can you please go to the link and press the me too button and maybe add a comment about it. :)
    Also a warning, don't delete or sell the cage because your game might completely break and you'll have to quit without saving.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Evie0602 wrote: »
    @ListentoToppDogg @RedShoe7
    The rodent cage bug is posted on AHQ here. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-MFPSP-Rodent-Cage-Breaks-Game/m-p/7259787#M79999
    Can you please go to the link and press the me too button and maybe add a comment about it. :)
    Also a warning, don't delete or sell the cage because your game might completely break and you'll have to quit without saving.

@Evie0602 I've already done so. I really hope they fix it soon.
  • Hemi_SimsHemi_Sims Posts: 56 Member
    So having too much stuff in your inventory does affect how much lag there is in the game?
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    ^Not mine but i noticed love torn mood now what irk me that none of my sims has hopeless romantic traits. it's annoying my sims can't go go bathroom without getting tense then get happy then goes away then comes maybe hour or two..
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Hemi_Sims wrote: »
    So having too much stuff in your inventory does affect how much lag there is in the game?

It seems like there might be many factors that cause lag in the game. And yes one is having too many things items in a sims inventory.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    I run a GTX 1080 ti FTW3 hybrid with an i5 4690k 3.5 GHz and boy the cores get loud. San Myshuno is just a lag fest to the point living in a penthouse I had to turn view distance to low. Can't believe all those fake buildings and fx turn my FPS from 60-80 to 30-50. Sucks because a pro of living in a penthouse is the gorgeous fake view but oh well. Maybe when a single core reaches 6 GHz the game won't have mini strokes because of all the sims at the streets and festivals. I still don't see the game fully utilizing all cores but maybe someone else knows better.

Seems like on some lots after a few minutes the FPS degrades. I load up the 40x30 penthouse and start at 90 FPS, then within 10 minutes goes to 30-60.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Imho, the game is not tweaked as much as should be and being some bugs may be activated after an certain routine is followed. Some people may not experience at all or at later times as they play as bugs tend to be more in the coding. I see this will be an problem as Sims 4 progresses. The game is as good as the company that takes care of it meaning game maintenance takes longer if company is concentrating on other areas and not the problems at hand.Instead of throwing more into the game comb through the coding and look for any irregularities and correct it. By throwing more into the game that means the customer must now deal with any new bugs and the older ones. What could happen eventually that the game becomes to infested with bugs and eventually cease to function as intended.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey there everyone, we have moved bug reporting and technical support issues to Answers HQ. I'm going to go ahead and provide a link below to the Sims Answers HQ area .

Sims 4 Answers HQ

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread now. In future please make sure to post any bug reports or technical issues you have to Answers HQ
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top