Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Housing costs out of control

Im paying over 200k for my 3 story house up from about 50k before Get Famous. I cleared out the inventory and watch costs but this amount seems high. My Sim has millions but its dwindling fast and I have to operate all restaurants and the art gallery continuously in order to keep up with payments. Help!

Comments

• loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Do you have a thermostat that you've left on? This will increase your bills somewhat.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited January 2019
    Did you use a lot of furniture and items from Get famous? The higher value the lot the higher your bills will be. And the fancy Get Famous furniture is pretty expensive since one of the dining chairs is already over a 1000?

Less you're saying you don't have get famous and bills just got pretty high.

What's the value of your lot?
    5vJrxmT.png
  • PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    Do you have a safe with lots of money in it, as that adds to the bills.

I purchased one for my very rich family and placed 9.75 million in it, the bills went from 11000 before the safe, to 388000 with safe, they had the frugal trait as well. Removing the money from the safe, the bills returned to normal. The game treats money in safes as objects, for weekly bills.
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    Plainevil wrote: »

I purchased one for my very rich family and placed 9.75 million in it, the bills went from 11000 before the safe, to 388000 with safe, they had the frugal trait as well. Removing the money from the safe, the bills returned to normal. The game treats money in safes as objects, for weekly bills.

That is unfortunate. I think the bills system is a bit off in it's algorithms.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,499 Member
    Besides not overusing the air-conditioner, try earning the points or spend them for the Frugal trait. This should help drive down the cost, too.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • YoleeYolee Posts: 181 Member

OMG yes! I have 5 million in my safe. Ill take the money out! Thanks for the tip!
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    In contrast, I have the bug where bills are 1$, it makes life easier but is getting annoying for me as the player. And yes, I reported it in the bug area.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member
    You can place the safe on a generic lot and store the money there. It won't affect the household bills. I built a bank of sorts with lots of vaults and have several sims from different households in my rotation keep their excess cash.
    I regret some of my life choices.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    You can place the safe on a generic lot and store the money there. It won't affect the household bills. I built a bank of sorts with lots of vaults and have several sims from different households in my rotation keep their excess cash.

Omg this is the most genius thing ever. Like honestly. And you put the vaults, and then just have the different households use one. Or do the specific households have to place the vault themselves to make it theirs?

Either way I’m building a bank 😂😂
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member
    @AquaGamer1212 You just need to place the vaults on the lot, it doesn't require a household :)
    I regret some of my life choices.
  • MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    That is a great idea about the bank and safes. I would suggest that you could have the sim take a selfie to place above their safe to keep track of what belongs to who.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    @AquaGamer1212 You just need to place the vaults on the lot, it doesn't require a household :)

Oooh, might do that when my family gets richer -- as the kids grow up and move out they can raid the vault for cash. Maybe I can add a vault below my graveyard/mausoleum....
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member

Oooh, might do that when my family gets richer -- as the kids grow up and move out they can raid the vault for cash. Maybe I can add a vault below my graveyard/mausoleum....

If you have Get Together you could set different vaults behind doors belonging to family clubs.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • YoleeYolee Posts: 181 Member
    Yolee wrote: »

OMG yes! I have 5 million in my safe. Ill take the money out! Thanks for the tip!

It worked! My bills are reasonable again (About $30k range which is completely affordable for my super-rich Sim). Thank you! But it seems a bit silly? I thought the whole point of the safe was to free up room to make more money? Seems silly that it would factor into household bills....:(