Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

In the end there is Love...a Sims 3 story.

13...Next

Comments

• cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    @Charlottesmom I'm totally digging Trevor's bad boy looks so I can see how most girls would turn into putty. I hope these two work out, their relationship seems easy and comfortable. Uh oh one person's drinking problem is bad enough but with two people things can easily get out of hand. They'll say things and do things they don't actually mean. Alice's baby bump is pretty big by the time she tells him. Maybe he thought she was growing a food baby :lol:. Now it's getting sad. Trevor needs to calm down and think things out with Alice. Artie seems like a good guy *I hope*. Alice looks severely ticked off at Trevor telling her to get the door when he was just up. Thank goodness Artie has his head on straight and told Trevor to get a job. It's about time he made some money to support Alice. I'm curious as to what other reason Artie has to stick around other than being Trevor's friend.

Darn see I thought that there was the possibility of Artie liking Alice, as the other reason to make him stick around. It's in poor taste with her pregnant with his friend's baby though. Wait WHAT!! What a bombshell. I guess Artie had a really good reason to stay in the picture then. Poor Trevor! I feel sick for him too. Not even his hottie bad boy looks could keep his girl. Alice didn't deserve to go into painful labor by herself. Rosalie is a pretty name, there just has to be some significance to the brunette Rosie we all know and love/hate. I can't help feeling that Trevor will push his frustrations with Alice and Artie onto his daughter. There's just no way these two are ever going to be a loving couple ever again. So Rosie has an IF too but arrrghhh I can't work out the connection yet. This is 12 years ago so where is she in present time :frowning:. Day drinking while taking care of a baby is a bad bad move even if he is bored. So Artie has 5 kids and a wife? This is one hellava difficult situation. Aw this is sad for their love, but I think Alice is being smart for the sake of the children.

That was nice of Trevor to make supper. I hope he and Alice are able to talk about what happened with Artie. OH WHAT!!!! Nooo Alice what a sad way to go. That's unbelievably sad for Trevor, Rosie and Artie. She didn't even get a nice urn :cry:. So now Trevor deals with his frustration with Artie. This just keeps getting sadder. I was hoping that Trevor would want to be a good father for Alice's sake. If only he knew that she broke things off with Artie for the sake of him and Rosie. Poor poor Rosie she doesn't deserve to suffer when nothing is her fault. Yuck you can't leave her in a dirty shirt. Someone is going to notice the constant screaming and poor health of little Rosie and take her away from him. Wait so this *is* the Rosie we all know. But I thought Julia was the mother. Don't tell me that Trevor is going to give her up :anguished:. AHHHH WHAT!!!!!!! Geez louise this is dark. Oh Rosie my heart breaks for you :cry:. Even though Artie fell in love with his best friend's girl, he's a good guy for regularly visiting Trevor even though he knew they would never be good friends again. Baby number 6 eh. Well well well so that explains quite a few things. Awesome update! :heart:

I didn't realise that Trevor was Luke, nor that Alice was Julia. I adore your Luke not so much Lilah though :tongue:
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    edited October 2018
    @coco , GeeWiz K!! That is a ton of awesome comments :kissing_heart: !! I love how it took a while for you to work out that the baby was Rosie, I could almost see the “oh!” moment. :smiley: .
    **I do tend to recycle my favorites and love having Luke in almost all my stories. He was one of my very first favorites, and does make a good bad boy (he was pretty awful in Kate too...her mom cheating on Thronton with Luke).
    **Yup Julia is her mom, she adopted Rosie when she was almost three.
    **Forgot to have Alice announce the preganancy till she was huge.. :wink:
    **I Adore the he’ck out of Lilah...she is rotten to the core most of the time...hehe!!
    **Thank you again for all that feedback! :smiley:
    @Charlottesmom Now you know how my brain works :lol:
    I thought it was Rosie at first because how many Rosies can you have in one story. But I was sure that Julia was the mother so I disregarded that thought. Now it's all starting to make a bit more sense :smile:
    @coco , You know how I work, I could probably have 15 Rosies in one story... :wink: (they would be duplicates though..) :lol:
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @Charlottesmom

I missed to comment on the recent update, I dont know
    where my hours went yesterday as it suddenly was evening and time to sleep hehe.

-- Luke is a very handsome sim, I like the hairstyle you
    choosed for him fits well.

-- I love how you switch around characters to play other ones,
    Tweaked to fit that new characte ror not, your the queen of character swapping.

.. Poor Rosie, good Artie waas there to take care of her

-- Rosie was a cute toddler

-- omg such a sad end to her background story with the father
    dying.

.. your are such a wonderful drama writer , I do not write stories sicne
    my language is not english but I sometiems wish I could write stories.

Kind of a short go nowhere update...things will be ramping up very soon.

In the end there is Love Part 16:

Artie arrived at Julia's house a few minutes later, he explained what happened to Rosie's parents and begged her to give the poor child a happy life.

45536052192_bd1e9c6451_c.jpg

Julia promised she would try to give Rosie the best life possible, Julia came from an abusive situation so she could understand how Rosie needed a positive environment. She would need to go through all sorts of hoops to actually get to keep Rosie but she would do her best. From the first moment Julia held her she knew she would do anything for this poor little girl.

45622912021_bc96320720_c.jpg

Artie could see Rosie was in good hands and he had to get back to his wife and kids so he bid Julia a goodbye and promised to check in with her frequently.

45622910301_c90e4fa0b1_c.jpg

Rosie was filthy, she looked as though she hadn't been bathed in at least a week, she had a killer diaper rash too.

45622908161_45d17222a9_c.jpg

Julia got her cleaned up and in some nice fresh jammies and put to bed in the crib she was lucky enough to find in the second hand store in town.

45622903521_e15d5e7988_c.jpg

Rosie had a comfortable nights sleep for the first time in a long time, she didn't cry at all it didn't hurt that Edward was there to help her feel safe.

31750596428_a61c830f3c_c.jpg

Rosie quickly learned to say momma but said very few other words except Edwaa...she was very delayed in most of her milestones, she was closing in on three rapidly and wasn't even close to potty trained. Julia understood that she was delayed from coming from a very disfunctional household. She accepted her daughter without complaint and worked hard to make her feel loved and accepted.

43805210450_fe1668e3c4_c.jpg

Weeks went by, Julia and Rosie slowly got used to each other, Rosie still had a bucketload of issues but Julia was trying to ease the child into a calm, stable way of life.

30681955027_58ce4c2639_c.jpg

Julia's friend and boss from work had recently adopted a little boy named Jasper, due to a bunch of playdates their parents set up the kids became good friends, Ja-per was Rosie's third word.

43805196760_813383c28f_c.jpg

Connor and Julia became even better friends through their kids playdates...

43805193360_0616a3000c_c.jpg

Connor had always had a thing for Julia, he kept his feeling locked up tight though.

45635227171_e7e90654a5_c.jpg

The kids played with their IFs....

43805191580_23eab66071_c.jpg

and even traded them for a bit,

43805184810_68b5e51887_c.jpg

Rosie liked Rowan (Jasper's IF), but nowhere near as much as she adored her Edward...

43805207450_664eb51e7e_c.jpg

• Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member

Wonderful update, so glad that Julia is taking care of poor little
    Rosie. Wonderful chapter as always.
  • ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    @Charlottesmom Great part!
    This gives a better understanding of Rosie, and more sympathy towards her.
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @Charlottesmom It looks like Julia was the perfect choice of guardian for Rosie! Loved seeing how she and Jasper became friends at such a young age :) Your stories are always well fleshed out and you really get to know the characters from your flashbacks :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @Charlottesmom Nice seeing more of the story. Julia seems the perfect choice for taking care of Rosie, making her feel safe and secure and loved which is something she surely didn't feel before.
    @charlottesmom Not every adult would be as accepting as Julia was to take Rosie in. At least Rosie was young enough that she didn't remember her old life. I adore stories where children grow up together and Jasper and Rosie are so cute! It seems her number one friend has always been Edward. I hope you can update us again soon :smile:
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,119 Member
    @Charlottesmom Here's my little bit of comments...again. :kissing_heart:

It would take one heck of a wonderful person to just step up and accept a toddler child who'd been abused into their life as their own. I commend Julia for that. :star:
    When you mentioned Rosie's killer diaper rash, that just tugged at my heartstrings and made the story become all the more real to me. :cry: Poor baby. (And yes, it's really making my sympathize with her, but regardless it doesn't make what she's doing to Rowan ok... ) When you mentioned her being behind in her speech that made it all the more real as well.
    Love the pattern on Julia's shirt as she's putting Rosie into the crib. :)
    Aww, Rosie snuggling with her new mommy. <3 Every child deserves that kind of love.
    Rosie and Jasper playing. Aww! I don't know how you set up them switching IF's with each other, but it's cool! :smiley:
    I'm just so so sad they both lost their best friend IF's to each other and didn't even know it... :( Not yet anyway...
    Awesome lady! :star: You know I look forward to more! :blush:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    Thank you all for the wonderful comments! <3 I hope to have another update by Monday, this weekend is going to be semi busy already, and I really want to get another Misunderstood update up.
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,013 Member
    @Charlottesmom I'm glad that Julia was able to take Rosie in and that she understood what Rosie must have gone through. Julia looks like she's going to be a good mother for Rosie. ...And there's Edward, the IF! "Edwaa" ...Both IFs being played with by the two toddlers Rosie and Jasper! The plot thickens! ...Great update and background.
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    At first I was like "can I hate a child?". Rosie's relationship with poor Rowan was lame.
    As ZhakiraP said, her background helps to understand her a little. I felt sorry for Rowan and now I feel sorry for Rosie, too.

It was a nice reading, I hope your other stories are as interesting as your sims ones. I also hope you'll come back and give us "free Rowan" because I'm really rooting for that boy.