Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

An SP Concept: Content-Specific Stuff Packs

x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
edited January 2019 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
After watching a certain YT simmer list their wishes for future content in TS4, an idea they had inspired this idea:

Would you be willing to buy a stuff pack that's content-specific? Meaning in that pack, it's either just build-buy/gameplay or just CAS-related content?

What do you think?

(Let me say, this wouldn't be every single sp that comes out, it would be like a seldom release)
Post edited by x_Always_Heart_x on

An SP Concept: Content-Specific Stuff Packs 38 votes

Yes, I Would
39%
KementaritonymcanallytaydevCinders27TurloughduderambahadoerLSM36shnailehWillKDavidEvie0602prettykittythekittenWallSims4everRememberJoyCheetahAlyssamikaelaholly 15 votes
No, I Wouldn't
13%
PlayerSinger2010Bagoas77Sk8rblazeTeslachick2Wagashi_Master 5 votes
That Depends...
47%
friendlysimmersluthienrisingisaiahzayJennyggCeCeDotluxsylvanChadSims2EnkiSchmidtawlchickFreezerBunnyCowplantTamakiSakura84RainlionCupidsuperkyle221GamingTweetyLokismithSimAlexandriaSimsterLiv 18 votes

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    That Depends...
    Maybe? But I like the way stuff packs have been structured thus far; with 1-2 gameplay objects, a little bit of CAS, and a little bit of BB.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,050 Member
    When Sims 3 was current I asked a bunch of times if we could get something like the Game Packs we have now which were for concepts that were limited in scope but in order to be handled well needed to be in-depth. The restaurants, spas and vampires are all what I had in mind. I made this request with the idea that the Sims Store would be still a thing where they would have new decorative content, clothing, and hair every month or so. So far my Game Pack idea has been to my expectation but they have all but dropped Stuff Packs and the store altogether. I think that is a shame because there was really some quality things amongst the "stuff"also the store was very reactive to our requests. if a request was popular then they by and large fulfilled the request and usually didn't take that long.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    That Depends...
    The thing is, I'd only buy a build mode Stuff Pack.
    We already have enough clothing in the game.
    a256aFi.gif
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    That Depends...
    I'm ashamed to say it, but I'd probably buy a pack that was just new recipes/meals/harvestables.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    That Depends...
    that depends on the content
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    No, I Wouldn't
    I don't foresee the potential of any new content specifically for ts4 being interesting enough for me to purchase. I did purchase some significantly-reduced-in-price content in the hope that it would turn ts4 into something fun for me to play, but it didn't.
  • LokismithLokismith Posts: 12 New Member
    That Depends...
    Mhh, I guess it can be a good thing knowing that some players prefer building house and lots, while others prefer creating a sim. I don't know if I would buy such pack but personnaly, I prefer a themed pack where you have both clothes and objetcs in order to create a specific atmosphere or story.
  • prettykittythekittenprettykittythekitten Posts: 6 New Member
    Yes, I Would
    Sims is really lacking in 70s furniture right now. Sure, Get Famous kinda did it, but we're still very limited. I would definitely buy a lack with just 70s themed build items.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    That Depends...
    We have got a lot of weird looking clothing so I'd without question buy a only clothing pack that offered a variety of normal clothing like Sims 2 H&M. It would be so nice to finally get some decent swimwear and underwear we have not seen any of since 2014. But I cant say I'd buy anything that ended with My First Pet.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    edited January 2019
    That Depends...
    Sims is really lacking in 70s furniture right now. Sure, Get Famous kinda did it, but we're still very limited. I would definitely buy a lack with just 70s themed build items.

70s/80s Stuff is a really great concept!
    Arcade Stuff from the voting had a similar concept of 80s Stuff
    Arcade-3.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    That Depends...

Arcade-3.jpg
    It really was a great theme I loved all of the concept art for that pack would of been a game changer for me had we actually got an arcade lot type.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    That Depends...
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

Arcade-3.jpg
    It really was a great theme I loved all of the concept art for that pack would of been a game changer for me had we actually got an arcade lot type.

Yes, but at the time people had enough of Stuff packs that add places to go to. (Bowling Night Stuff just released)
    Hopefully they will add single arcades and arcade lots with University! (Would fit the theme, there could even be single arcades in dorms)
    a256aFi.gif
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    Yes, I Would
    But not if it's stuff that should just be in an update. Like stairs 😑
    If it's like TS3 store as a pack. Themed, and like $5, then yeah. Like Japanese home stuff. Turn your home into a XYZ Stuff. Like have a 7-eleven in your house, but not functional as a store. More like a Richie Rich, you have your own convenience store in your house that the restocks automatically, pack.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush: